Wigan away | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wigan away

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Agreed but after Saturday's result and performance, it feels like Tuesday night is another defining moment - either up for the fight or not...let's see.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Few years back, fresh from a 4-0 defeat at Home, we went to Fleetwood on a Tuesday who I believe had the best home record in the division at the time.

Final result 4-0 Argyle.

There's absolutely no reason to expect anything other than a hammering on Tuesday but it would be typical of Argyle to get something.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Think our usual trick of doing better against the decent teams is going to desert us. I fear a mullering. 3 or 4 to them. Confidence too low. I hope not, but don't expect anything from this. Similarly, Rovers away sadly.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Sam Barker":3nq73jke said:
Few years back, fresh from a 4-0 defeat at Home, we went to Fleetwood on a Tuesday who I believe had the best home record in the division at the time.

Final result 4-0 Argyle.

There's absolutely no reason to expect anything other than a hammering on Tuesday but it would be typical of Argyle to get something.

I had the good fortune to be at the Fleetwood game, it was like watching a totally different team to the usual fare dished up at the time.

We had actually won 2-1 at Dagenham & Redbridge after the 0-4 against York City and the next game after Fleetwood was a 5-0 home win against Morecambe.

Oh for a similar run now, but having scored only twice in 6 games (a penalty & a header from a corner) it's gonna take a heck of a turnaround.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
David_Fisher":1ohk8tmk said:
Sam Barker":1ohk8tmk said:

Final result 4-0 Argyle.

I had the good fortune to be at the Fleetwood game, it was like watching a totally different team to the usual fare dished up at the time.

We had actually won 2-1 at Dagenham & Redbridge after the 0-4 against York City and the next game after Fleetwood was a 5-0 home win against Morecambe.

Oh for a similar run now, but having scored only twice in 6 games (a penalty & a header from a corner) it's gonna take a heck of a turnaround.

Incredible wasn't it? Smallest Argyle away crowd I've been part of but there was some party in the away end!!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Sam Barker":320xg9aj said:
David_Fisher":320xg9aj said:
Sam Barker":320xg9aj said:

Final result 4-0 Argyle.

Incredible wasn't it? Smallest Argyle away crowd I've been part of but there was some party in the away end!!

Chilly old night that one but we looked a good side.

Hourihane's super free kick and thought the left back loanee Parsons had a really good game.

As I have said elsewhere we have done well at Wigan on recent visits. Crawford and Wotton sealing a 2-0 win in a season they were Champions. Remember other wins with goals from Littlejohn (Springfield Park) and Marino at the JJB.

Oct 31, 2015
3 or 4 to Wigan. No shots on target from us and damage limitation.

Cant see it any other way tbh.

Apr 3, 2010
Not seen us get beat since Wembley, managed to steer clear of defeats last season which included the trip to Anfield.

My first game this season think that unbeaten run is in serious jeopardy this time can't see past a Wigan win.

Dec 2, 2010
There's also the Paul Cook factor! Can't stand DA and will relish the prospect of piling the poo on!

KCJ

Nov 23, 2011
Only reading between the lines from comments posted elsewhere on this site but does this now mean that with Carey back on Tuesday a opportunity of playing away from home should not be a problem.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Well we can dispense with Bradley/Edwards partnership that doesn't work, far too similar. So i guess Yann goes to centre back. A defensive 4-5-1 with Blisset on his own with Grant and Carey closest to him.

If fit who knows a few Luke heroics and Carey 25 yarder to make up for his red card. It happens. Most importantly we'll see if we have a team playing for each other and the gaffer.