Plymouth Argyle v Gillingham - the build up | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Gillingham - the build up

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013

Gillingham
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

The Countdown to Gillingham

Wednesday

Sam Allison is the man in the middle for the game.
So far this season he has 44 yellow cards and one red in 16 games, this is his first season as a EFL referee after being promoted from the National League.
He will be assisted on Saturday by Adam Ricketts and Kevin Morris while the fourth official is Home Park regular Brett Huxtable.

Gillingham analysis
Strengths
Creating scoring chances.
Creating chances using through balls.
Protecting the lead.
Aerial duels.
Weaknesses
Finishing scoring chances.
Defending set pieces.
Defending against attacks down the wings.
Defending against skillful players.
Stopping opponents from creating chances.
Keeping possession of the ball.
Defending counter attacks.
Style of play
Long balls.
Attempt crosses often.
Attack through the middle.
Control the game in the opposition's half.
Take a lot of shots.
Rotate their first eleven.

They Played For Both
Alan Nicholls, Frank Nouble, Jordan Houghton, Adam Barrett, Stuart O'Keefe, Bondz N'Gala, Steve Castle, Olly Lee, Alex MacDonald, Brian McGlinchey, Dominic Naylor, Paul Williams. Any more?

The Greens have played Gillingham a total of 52 times at Home Park, winning 34 games, drawing 12 and losing six.

Gillingham have a small outbreak of Covid-19..... Kent Online.

Plymouth is placed into Covid tier 3 so no fans will be allowed into Home Park for Saturday's game.
Club statement.

The 2,000 fans who were allowed into Home Park will be able to access the Gillingham match on iFollow as per the previous arrangement.

Thursday

Purchase your iFollow match pass ...here.

According to Sky Bet Argyle are placed at 5/4 to win the game, a Gillingham win has odds of 2/1 and the draw is on offer at 23/10.

Ryan Lowe's pre-match press conference .... club You Tube.

The cover of the match programme ...

Captain Joe Edwards talks about the game ... club You Tube.

Match preview from ... Toby McLuskie.

Friday

Argyle v Gillingham Frequently Asked Questions .... club website.

Gillingham team news ... Kent Online.

Match preview ... Gillingham club website.

Gillingham manager Steve Evans looks ahead to the game ....
“We are not defeatists and we are not down. We will go to Plymouth and try and achieve a positive result. You have to fight to win.
“Our job is to go to Plymouth and try and put something on the pitch that will give us hope of getting something.
“It will be difficult; they are a good team. I have a lot of respect for Ryan Lowe. I know three or four of their players personally. They have some real good quality but if you live and fight, then you have a chance.”
Match preview... club website.

Saturday

Gills skipper Kyle Dempsey looks ahead to the game ... Gillingham club website.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Lee Martin (The other Lee Martin...)

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I hate watching Argyle play Gillingham. Always have, always will. There just ‘one of those sides’ - up there with Wycombe and Southend - dirty, fouling, time wasting, frustratingly good at taking points off us.

Dec 3, 2005
My hero's of my younger years, what a joy it was to watch players like Billy Rafferty and Paul Mariner.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Pogleswoody":rtmg8kxm said:
Was it just me or did Tony Cascarino always score against us for the Gills!? :facepalm:

I had same thought, pretty sure he scored for them in the 1-1 draw up there in March 1986, when Kevin summerfield equalised at the start of what became the push up the table for promotion.

Sep 6, 2006
John Cooper":1yc3v7nl said:
Pogleswoody":1yc3v7nl said:
Was it just me or did Tony Cascarino always score against us for the Gills!? :facepalm:

I had same thought, pretty sure he scored for them in the 1-1 draw up there in March 1986, when Kevin summerfield equalised at the start of what became the push up the table for promotion.

Remember it. Freezing cold Tuesday night and last minute equaliser.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":frs80mtd said:
John Cooper":frs80mtd said:
Pogleswoody":frs80mtd said:

Remember it. Freezing cold Tuesday night and last minute equaliser.

Well I was there so I guess that backs up my Cascarinophobia! Just one of those players who had a key for our lockers!! :sad:

Oct 20, 2015
The Doctor":1lug5fp2 said:
I hate watching Argyle play Gillingham. Always have, always will. There just ‘one of those sides’ - up there with Wycombe and Southend - dirty, fouling, time wasting, frustratingly good at taking points off us.

Yep. Last game of the season 2 years ago (ish)? Got thumped by them at theirs. It'll be a grind on Saturday, good practice for the relegation battles ahead :-(