Plymouth Argyle v Gillingham - the build up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Gillingham - the build up

Feb 15, 2005
falmouthgreen":1nrtdrga said:
IJN":1nrtdrga said:
silkman":1nrtdrga said:
Bleddy awful place Gillingham - awful town and hated the ground - the away end with plastic flooring and plastic seats - open to the rain and gales and we always played sh1te and lost - just terrible memories of that place.

Lived there for a year in the early 70's, awful, the Medway Towns leave a lot to be desired that's for sure.
:shocked:
Stayed there on holiday a few years ago...........Dreadful, Dirty. many weird characters about &. very scary at night.

Worst place i have ever visited! :twisted:

I hope your holiday destination choice has improved !!!! :)

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Chatham, is my grey stuff failing me or was that the Monarch pub that was there? Someone dropping her glass eye into my mates pint? Or is it really failing me?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
WoodsyGreen":26n2pfb7 said:
gru_mpy":26n2pfb7 said:
Like you IJN I had the misfortune to live in Chatham in the 70s and I can tell you that today it hasn't changed one bit. I live only 10 miles away in Gravesend and Gravesham is like heaven compared to the squalor of the Medway towns.

I have lived all over the world and visited some very 'modest' places, but Chatham is without doubt the most decrepit hovel I have ever set foot in.

Never been to Exeter then?

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
John Cooper":16uv0hk0 said:
Chatham, is my grey stuff failing me or was that the Monarch pub that was there? Someone dropping her glass eye into my mates pint? Or is it really failing me?
IJN said:
One Eyed Brenda.
A proper 'Eye opener' then. :tumbleweed:
The Eyes have it, The Eyes have it! :funny:

Dec 3, 2005
Surprised this game is going ahead, knowing the present restrictions of NOT travelling between tiers.
It is good to know this virus knows the difference between normal people and elite sportsmen.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
djg145":11f3wmsp said:
Surprised this game is going ahead, knowing the present restrictions of NOT travelling between tiers.
It is good to know this virus knows the difference between normal people and elite sportsmen.

Let’s not forget that this is work for the players and the club staff and going to work is a legitimate reason to travel so long as Covid security protocols are in place. Whether those protocols are sufficient are for the EFL and govt to agree.

Sep 2, 2008
Forest of Dean Green":7ucd3ba3 said:
djg145":7ucd3ba3 said:

Let’s not forget that this is work for the players and the club staff and going to work is a legitimate reason to travel so long as Covid security protocols are in place. Whether those protocols are sufficient are for the EFL and govt to agree.

Surely, what with Football Manager and FIFA 20 players can work from home?

Aug 11, 2013
Please - no Nouble near the team today (or
Frank Nogoals) as my bro likes to title him . My blood pressure cannot cope.

Lolos is at least a footballer. Get him in the team. Even the mediocre Telford must be a better option.

Got a bad feeling about today - which usually means we win.

Sep 3, 2009
The lack of love for the Medway towns is making me smile. I don’t disagree and Gillingham, in particular, is utterly soulless.

However, there are some similarities with the bleaker parts of Plymouth. The maritime histories of Chatham and Devonport make them not so dissimilar in some ways.

Most of Medway is depressing but parts of Rochester are decent and I must say there are some great micro pubs in the Chatham end of Rochester.

The area around Priestfield is very earthy and they always seem to beat us, which doesn’t help.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Lived in Chatham for a year and a bit, grim doesn't do it justice.

Went to 2 away games at Gillingham while I was there, 2 losses made worse by the "temporary" seating.

Never feel confident leading up to Gillingham games, hoping for a win, expecting a draw.