Fans United/Reunited | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans United/Reunited

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Just been reading the thread below from Argyle10 about fans of other clubs continuing to turn up at Argyle games in their own colours and it has got me thinking!!

I have been wondering what the degree of difficulty would be in having just ONE supporter from each club in the EPL, CCC, L1, L2 & BSC to be a "coordinator" for their own club.

Each would have everyone elses email/twitter/fb/cellphone/phone number in a printed directory.

The idea being that maybe there could be a Fans United/Reunited at least once a season at a different club. The "volunteer" individual would be the one to rally his/her own troops for the event.

This season it's been Argyle, next season? Who knows? Maybe Coventry?

Thoughts?

Aug 24, 2005
The next FansReunited should be on 8th October. This was the date favoured at the original pub meeting in Brighton as it was an international break week. However, they also realised that it was Argyle's 125th anniversary, and didn't want to get in the way of those celebrations.

We should invite them back, although I think some are already coming anyway. And encourage as many other clubs as possible to come down. We can show them how great the first FansReunited was, and invite them to come and show there support once more.

The only negatives I had from Saturday were the crowd size and the lack of national media coverage. If we keep pushing and promoting then hopefully we can keep moving what Woodchip started. Lets do it again and get even more people there. We've got two weeks what can we do to promote another FansReunited?

N.B. If there are plans afoot for events for the Anniversary already that this will get in the way of then please ignore me. Although I'd be happy to help in promoting that in any way I can.

A

Anonymous

There's definately some Brighton fans coming. Very welcome they will be as well. :nworthy:

Sep 4, 2011
Richard Blight":1orrps5m said:
There's definitely some Brighton fans coming. Very welcome they will be as well. :nworthy:

i will be coming down, all being well, i want my usual seat lol... Block 3 row S seat 79.......

Be ready for some more singing!!

A

Anonymous

Slinky the Seagull":20dvadfm said:
Richard Blight":20dvadfm said:
There's definitely some Brighton fans coming. Very welcome they will be as well. :nworthy:

i will be coming down, all being well, i want my usual seat lol... Block 3 row S seat 79.......

You'll have to make some room for a load of us at the Amec sometime though.

Sep 4, 2011
Richard Blight":32kmgmda said:
Slinky the Seagull":32kmgmda said:
Richard Blight":32kmgmda said:

You'll have to make some room for a load of us at the Amec sometime though.

You will always be welcome, at the Amex, however the problem is that we have 17500 season ticket holders and there are not that many spare.

However if you were to contact Martin Perry at the club, and tell him you would like to come up he may be able to arrange some tickets for you.

E

Ed_Blackburn

It maybe a few years off yet but I'd love to see Orient sell out at home on WHUs debut during their Olympic stadium debut. Personally I think it's amazing that Orient are still competitive (i.e. a professional league club) considering what's on their doorstep. The WHU move to the state funded Olympic Stadium on Orients patch in my mind is as amoral as the Wimbledon move to Milton Keynes. It's insincere because it's financially motivated. Greed and want. Pure and simple.

Speaking recently to an Arsenal fan in work I get the feeling that a reasonable proportion of their traditional support is feeling ostracised and they seem rather determined to avoid being turned into another plastic club that has no community. Are clubs like Argyle, Brighton and Wrexham (excluding Pompey et al) the thin edge of the wedge amongst millions of non-armchair supports? Along side FSF we need to let the world know that football clubs build on community are here to stay, football clubs built on debatable altruism, greed, speculation and vanity are a pale imitation. It's our national sport, past time and frankly obsession.

We maybe out numbered by a global audience but Asian, African, American and Oceanic armchair fans subscriptions don't put them physically in grounds and don't support resuscitated unfashionable football clubs. They also certainly do not vote in Westminster and their MPs certainly do not need to offer so much resource to their community and constituents.

Bates. Ridsdale, Glazier: cheerio, cheerio, cheerio.

FANS UNITED!

The roots seed was laid by Richard Vaughn but this movement is too sincere, to real, to moral and very tangible. It won't ebb away.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Have any 'official' arrangements been made for the big 125th year anniversary match yet then?
With it being less than 2 weeks away (and indeed our next home match) should 'we' be pushing and promoting this game to get many more people to come along?
Even a 'so called fan' like myself is considering taking both children along for the match (which will be Emma's first) :shock:
:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I have this feeling. FA Cup 3rd round. Brighton V Argyle. That would be a good laugh.

Got to get past rounds one and two first though.

Maybe we could get the respective managements to arrange a pre season friendly at Brighton next season.

M

MoistVonLipwig

Richard Blight":3j61uztz said:
Maybe we could get the respective managements to arrange a pre season friendly at Brighton next season.

A real friendly friendly! :D

Sep 20, 2003
Andy_S":2y0cfm91 said:
Just been reading the thread below from Argyle10 about fans of other clubs continuing to turn up at Argyle games in their own colours and it has got me thinking!!

I have been wondering what the degree of difficulty would be in having just ONE supporter from each club in the EPL, CCC, L1, L2 & BSC to be a "coordinator" for their own club.

Each would have everyone elses email/twitter/fb/cellphone/phone number in a printed directory.

The idea being that maybe there could be a Fans United/Reunited at least once a season at a different club. The "volunteer" individual would be the one to rally his/her own troops for the event.

This season it's been Argyle, next season? Who knows? Maybe Coventry?

Thoughts?

What a brilliant idea and worth following up.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Some Newcastle fans have contacted me about the Dagenham away game, they have no game that day and want to come down and "show support for Plymouth".

This Fans United initiative has touched a lot of people and appears to be growing.