Fans United/Reunited | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans United/Reunited

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
PL2 3DQ":2rc0xjgy said:
Some Newcastle fans have contacted me about the Dagenham away game, they have no game that day and want to come down and "show support for Plymouth".

This Fans United initiative has touched a lot of people and appears to be growing.

There you go, we have our nominated Fans Reunited Rep already!?

I nominate Postey - anyone second it??

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Bubba":3csi7e2c said:
PL2 3DQ":3csi7e2c said:
Some Newcastle fans have contacted me about the Dagenham away game, they have no game that day and want to come down and "show support for Plymouth".

This Fans United initiative has touched a lot of people and appears to be growing.

Ooops. Not me Guv! :doh: :)

Sep 20, 2003
Bubba":3n2a02f1 said:
PL2 3DQ":3n2a02f1 said:

Seconded.

A

Anonymous

According to Brighton fans it is very difficult to get tickets for the Amex at the moment.They have 17500 season ticket holders. So it would be difficult to get tickets in any numbers.

G

greenscooby

Slinky the seagull has also mentioned it might be difficult to get tickets but has suggested to speak to Martin Perry and he might be able to sort something out for us.

Dec 3, 2005
mikes":1xam3s49 said:
The next FansReunited should be on 8th October. This was the date favoured at the original pub meeting in Brighton as it was an international break week. However, they also realised that it was Argyle's 125th anniversary, and didn't want to get in the way of those celebrations.

We should invite them back, although I think some are already coming anyway. And encourage as many other clubs as possible to come down. We can show them how great the first FansReunited was, and invite them to come and show there support once more.

The only negatives I had from Saturday were the crowd size and the lack of national media coverage. If we keep pushing and promoting then hopefully we can keep moving what Woodchip started. Lets do it again and get even more people there. We've got two weeks what can we do to promote another FansReunited?

N.B. If there are plans afoot for events for the Anniversary already that this will get in the way of then please ignore me. Although I'd be happy to help in promoting that in any way I can.

It was an amazing day, but just one minor observation - the lack of Argyle Flags - I must admit i was expecting the 'empty' corner to be full of flags. There were a couple flags at the back of the Demport, but that seemed to be it. What happened to the huge flag, that makes an appearance now and then?

Just an observation, on, as i say, was an amazing day.

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Going on from what plymouthargyle10 mentioned on his query thread about him bringing along a few fans of other clubs to the Bradford game, could we make this an away Fans Reunited match. It's our next northern away game and it would allow fans of more northern clubs who wanted to come on Saturday but couldn't the chance to support the cause closer to home. I could probably add at least 3 or 4 teams to the ones already mentioned.

GreenMatt":ak8u320a said:
Going on from what plymouthargyle10 mentioned on his query thread about him bringing along a few fans of other clubs to the Bradford game, could we make this an away Fans Reunited match. It's our next northern away game and it would allow fans of more northern clubs who wanted to come on Saturday but couldn't the chance to support the cause closer to home. I could probably add at least 3 or 4 teams to the ones already mentioned.

Good idea but I think it would be better to consult Bradford (and other clubs where others fans plan to join us in the away end in other colours)

I imagine Bradford fans seeing Leeds shirts around wouldnt be too pleased if they werent informed. I hope Brighton fans don't get turned away from Crawley.

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Green_To_The_Bone":38c3344e said:
GreenMatt":38c3344e said:

Good idea but I think it would be better to consult Bradford (and other clubs where others fans plan to join us in the away end in other colours)

I imagine Bradford fans seeing Leeds shirts around wouldnt be too pleased if they werent informed. I hope Brighton fans don't get turned away from Crawley.
I know people at Bradford City who'd be able to help and I'd be able to speak to before any solid plans were put in place.

Sep 4, 2011
Wozzer Bowden":sh6ls6da said:
Andy_S":sh6ls6da said:
Just been reading the thread below from Argyle10 about fans of other clubs continuing to turn up at Argyle games in their own colours and it has got me thinking!!

I have been wondering what the degree of difficulty would be in having just ONE supporter from each club in the EPL, CCC, L1, L2 & BSC to be a "coordinator" for their own club.

Each would have everyone elses email/twitter/fb/cellphone/phone number in a printed directory.

The idea being that maybe there could be a Fans United/Reunited at least once a season at a different club. The "volunteer" individual would be the one to rally his/her own troops for the event.

This season it's been Argyle, next season? Who knows? Maybe Coventry?

Thoughts?

actually i disagree, i think this is a bad Idea. Fans United would be commercial and lose it's impact. Fans United should only be rolled out in times of real need, not just because you fancy a club a season...

Aug 24, 2005
Green_To_The_Bone":2tcmr5ry said:
A lot of flags were at Brighton the night before. Not sure how they were returned. Would of been good to have had the united nations of argyle flag and the big green army one in the corner.

All the flags that were outside the Amex at Brighton made it to the game the next day.

C

Chairman_Mao

John_Vaughan":2w18yt88 said:
Richard Blight":2w18yt88 said:
Maybe we could get the respective managements to arrange a pre season friendly at Brighton next season.

A real friendly friendly! :D

I like the idea of us supporting Brighton and them supporting us for the match! Noooooone!

Mar 31, 2006
Bradford Yorkshire
Green_To_The_Bone":q886qlcn said:
GreenMatt":q886qlcn said:

thats my only big concern, especially seeing this in the away end it might spark something :shock: