1 goal in 5 away from home | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1 goal in 5 away from home

Sep 6, 2006
Another word of advice. Dont try and judge people's character on the basis of a few messages on a football fans website there's a good lad.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
All those wanting to see Taylor play away from home consider this... he has scored 1 league goal since the start of LAST season, and that was back in 2017.[/quote]

Yet again, you completely miss the point.

The debate around Taylor is that the TEAM is better off with him on the field, regardless of whether he scores or he doesn't.

In games like Sunderland away, where you know you are going to be put under a lot of pressure, having Taylor could have made a big difference because of his ability to take the ball in and hold it up. With Lapado, it's like playing without a forward or kicking the ball against the wall, it just keeps coming straight back.

Even someone like you would have to acknowledge the key role he played over the second half of last season when we went on that great run, or did that pass by you as well.

It was widely agreed by most Argyle fans that with Taylor playing, Carey and Lameiras were much more effective. We were able to keep the ball in the opposition half, create chances and win games.

Taylor never scored many goals but he made a massive difference and when he got injured with 6 games to go, our Play-off hopes went down the pan and our season just pettered out in a wimper.[/quote]

Jannerincardiff thinks Tafari Moore would make a good anchor midfielder so I think you may be fighting a losing battle convincing him on this point Demport![/quote]

Could make. He’s got the attributes, it’s worth a try especially when we have depth at RB which is the position he was signed to play.

Have you ever seen Tafari Moore play the holding midfielder role?[/quote]

No and I have no desire to either. Have you? I havent seen him play in goal either or centre forward. Perhaps we could try that.
But come on then. I am intrigued. What attributes does he have for a holding midfielder? Cant wait to hear this.[/quote]

Just in the same way no-one ever saw Thierry Henry play up front from when he was a winger, I recall Songo’o was a CB but seems to be a better CDM. Conor Grant is another recent example of a player that was bought as an attack minded midfielder that didn’t seem to cut it in midfield but looked brilliant (to me) as a LB.

Clearly we have a manager that won’t dismiss a player and is willing to try other things such as re-positioning a player (which I quite like).

Moore to me is tenacious, is quick and is comfortable on the ball. He’s young too so has plenty of time to learn a new role.

It’s no wonder you’re so blocked, all you do is trawl people’s profiles picking them up on anything you can find. You must be a lovely person away from p@soti..[/quote]

[/quote] Here's a suggestion chap.If you only want people to agree with you and cant defend your point perhaps dont come on here in the first place. The analogy of Henry and Moore is preposterous.[/quote]

I certainly don’t expect people to agree with me, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

As for ‘analogy’, it’s not an analogy, it’s making the point that some managers manage to find a position for a player that makes them more effective - this was the case with Henry (although clearly he’s in a different league in respect of his ability than Tafari Moore).

I believe that Adams has already shown us evidence of being able to re-position a player to make them more effective with Songo’o and Conor Grant.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I get the impression that some posters on here mirror the band on the Titanic, they continue to play whilst the ship goes down. I don`t see anybody relishing the prospect of R, nor is it a case of glass half full/empty or the other crass analogy posted, more a realistic view that safety is not nailed on.

Mar 14, 2009
demportdave":14phe2uo said:
Mickey, I think ASB will probably be the starting LB next season. He should be acclimatised to League 1 by then and could be a big asset. I think this is Adams plan long-term for him.

With Carey and Lameiras likely to be gone, Grant will probably be required in midfield, providing he doesn’t turn into another Jamie Ness and spends half the season in the treatment room. His fitness and durability are certainly in question. Also like Ness, Grant needs to learn to pass the ball forwards to try and open teams up rather than constantly going sideways and backwards.

There will be a lot more of 1 goal in 5 away games if we don’t find midfielders in the mould of Castle and Friio who can chip in with a few goals. Ladapo has got a poor goal return away from home but our inability to score on the road is not all his fault. We need midfielders who can get in the box regularly, not constantly sit back 30 yards from goal.

I honestly hope he doesn’t.

From less games in that postion C Grant has shown more potential l believe.

The trouble with ASB is l think he just doesn’t defend as well as C Grant. Don’t get me wrong, he can defend but you have to always be switched on and aware and l think the guy would seriously be wasted at LB. I said this before but l think he could be a great LM or RM. He is two footed and when going forward seems decent on the ball. That goal he scored against Rochdale was really great technique. We have all seen left or right footers come inside and bend it inside to the the opposite corner. I’ve not seen too many cut inside and make it bend away to the opposite corner.

Like l said before the problem is the lack of support for the forward. The midfield isolate the forward. We could sign goal scoring midfielders next season with good pedigree but if we keep playing the same playing system/style next season we will still have problems especially away from home.

Mar 14, 2009
justanotherfan":1d7povao said:
I get the impression that some posters on here mirror the band on the Titanic, they continue to play whilst the ship goes down. I don`t see anybody relishing the prospect of R, nor is it a case of glass half full/empty or the other crass analogy posted, more a realistic view that safety is not nailed on.

To be honest l feel fortunate to have a season ticket and see Argyle at home. At least we are more creative and threatening.

The people who really deserve a medal are the away fans. Lack of goals and a very dour brand of football but still they go in their numbers. If l was only able to see Argyle away from home l would be extremely annoyed given how little we have scored away in the past two seasons.

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":17bsj2m5 said:
Another word of advice. Dont try and judge people's character on the basis of a few messages on a football fans website there's a good lad.

Now that, is funny.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
My worry is that our poor away form is going to put us under a lot of pressure to win our home games. And of those four home games left, two are against Barnsley and Charlton - we'd do very well to beat either of them. Not impossible of course, especially for a team unbeaten at home in nearly 3 months as we are, but it'll be very tough.

That puts massive pressure on us for the Rovers and Scunthorpe home games. Looking at our home record against the teams currently below us in the table this season (Won 6, Drawn 3, Lost 1), you'd back us to get at least 4 points from them, but that's not guaranteed at all - especially with the run Rovers are on.

You'd think 3 wins and we'd be laughing. But even 54 might not be enough - Peterborough got relegated with that total in 12/13 (and that was with a 3-team relegation too, not 4).

Basically, Saturday is huge.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
From where we were, we are now in an excellent position. Our from since the turn of the year has been excellent. 17pts from 7 home games and 7 pts from 6 away games.
I dont think anyone can suggest we cannot win any of our remaining home games, we've gone toe to toe with Luton and Pompey, scored regularly against the weaker sides.
I notice Oldage keeps asking who will we beat from the remaining fixtures. Lets turn it around, why will a side who have won 5 and drawn 2 at home (to 1st and 4th) in 7 games, suddenly lose their next 4 games? There is no injury crisis, no mass suspensions, a strong bench to call upon.
Are we safe - No
Could we get dragged in - Yes
Any reason to think we will - No
We are playing pretty well in general 7 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats since New Year, is highly commendable and whilst complacency should be guarded against, i and many others are failing to see this complete collapse that others seem keen to highlight.

Sep 6, 2006
Voice_of_Reason":2x72zwb5 said:
From where we were, we are now in an excellent position. Our from since the turn of the year has been excellent. 17pts from 7 home games and 7 pts from 6 away games.
I dont think anyone can suggest we cannot win any of our remaining home games, we've gone toe to toe with Luton and Pompey, scored regularly against the weaker sides.
I notice Oldage keeps asking who will we beat from the remaining fixtures. Lets turn it around, why will a side who have won 5 and drawn 2 at home (to 1st and 4th) in 7 games, suddenly lose their next 4 games? There is no injury crisis, no mass suspensions, a strong bench to call upon.
Are we safe - No
We are playing pretty well in general 7 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats since New Year, is highly commendable and whilst complacency should be guarded against, i and many others are failing to see this complete collapse that others seem keen to highlight.

So you have completely disregarded the post above which talks a lot more sense - apart from 54 not being enough potentially. We need one other team apart from bottom 3 to have bad run. If they dont it could be tight with our shocking away form and tough fixtures at home. Now where was that humble pie thread?

Jul 6, 2005
Voice_of_Reason":12jlpq86 said:
Are we safe - No
Once again, the half full fans are exaggerating the concerns of those of us in the half empty camp.

Nobody is predicting the complete collapse which you stated, but the fact is we are 1 bad result away from being in very serious trouble and that could happen as soon as this Saturday.

Some of us are not comfortably with that and see it as a cause for concern and the sooner we pass 52 points, the better. With tough games coming up against fellow strugglers and promotion candidates, nobody wants the pressure of having to get something on the last day against Scunthorpe to stay up.

Many in the half full camp cite current form as the reason not to be worried about our position. Against that, Bristol Rovers are in excellent form and will undoubtedly come here looking for the win. Let's hope they fail.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
demportdave":2fybxga5 said:
Voice_of_Reason":2fybxga5 said:
Are we safe - No
Once again, the half full fans are exaggerating the concerns of those of us in the half empty camp.

Nobody is predicting the complete collapse which you stated, but the fact is we are 1 bad result away from being in very serious trouble and that could happen as soon as this Saturday.

Some of us are not comfortably with that and see it as a cause for concern and the sooner we pass 52 points, the better. With tough games coming up against fellow strugglers and promotion candidates, nobody wants the pressure of having to get something on the last day against Scunthorpe to stay up.

Many in the half full camp cite current form as the reason not to be worried about our position. Against that, Bristol Rovers are in excellent form and will undoubtedly come here looking for the win. Let's hope they fail.

I think Rovers would be happy with a point personally. Two teams in decent form home and away, it’ll be close game I think.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Balham you really are a prize.

What disregard? Someone has given their opinion - i've given mine, welcome to the world of debate.

As for 54 points not being enough, what odds would you like that 54 isn't enough?

Sep 6, 2006
Voice_of_Reason":5i53fnqb said:
Balham you really are a prize.

What disregard? Someone has given their opinion - i've given mine, welcome to the world of debate.

As for 54 points not being enough, what odds would you like that 54 isn't enough?

Read it properly. I said I disagreed with him that 54 may not be enough!

Aug 5, 2015
Balham, try the predictor on The Fishy. If we beat Rovers and Scunny and take no other points from our remaining fixtures then we stay up. Simple as. As has been said before there’s no room for complacency but neither is there room for doom laden scaremongering. What will be will be but we’d have to lose every single one of our remaining fixtures to go down. Realistically is that going to happen? Yes we had a bad run in last year but the circumstances are completely different this year.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Apologises.

You do however, comment on our "shocking" away form.

We are 12th in the "away" form table (2nd in the home). The much feared Doncaster have 2 wins from their last 11 and would love to be in the form we are in.

If our away form is shocking, what word would you use to describe the away form of the 11 teams who's away form is currently worse than ours?