10 wins should do it. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

10 wins should do it.

Jul 14, 2008
6 wins and 2 draws to get to 85. We would be very unfortunate not to go up with that total. For what it’s worth I reckon:

Macclesfield W
Morecambe D
Orient D
Exeter D
Grimsby D
Forest Green W
Walsall W
Northampton D
Oldham W
Port Vale W

That would give us 85.

I’ve been discounting all the talk of ‘the usual Exeter collapse’ as just wishful thinking, because they have real strength in depth in their current squad. In their last three games they’ve taken two points from nine, just as we had until last night. Be rather good if they can’t bounce back, but I suspect they will.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Herts_Green":2vfn0eg4 said:
6 wins and 2 draws to get to 85. We would be very unfortunate not to go up with that total. For what it’s worth I reckon:

Macclesfield W
Morecambe D
Orient D
Exeter D
Grimsby D
Forest Green W
Walsall W
Northampton D
Oldham W
Port Vale W

That would give us 85.
That's quite a big assumption to suppose we won't lose again this season. I can quite easily imagine a loss at Oldham (who seem to be picking up form lately) and Morecambe (enuff said!). :silent:

Jul 14, 2008
Emeraldinho":ebm4gvfg said:
Herts_Green":ebm4gvfg said:

Macclesfield W
Morecambe D
Orient D
Exeter D
Grimsby D
Forest Green W
Walsall W
Northampton D
Oldham W
Port Vale W

That would give us 85.
That's quite a big assumption to suppose we won't lose again this season. I can quite easily imagine a loss at Oldham (who seem to be picking up form lately) and Morecambe (enuff said!). :silent:

True but I don’t think I’ve been overly optimistic with that prediction. I mean if we did draw four games in a row after Saturday then I think some people on pasoti would go into meltdown (we will be lucky to even make the play offs now etc!). Apart from Morecambe, the away games are all against teams with nothing to play for. Holloway said himself before last nights game that his attention had already turned to next season and made a number of changes to the line up as a result.

Sep 7, 2006
I reckon we'll finish the season with:

Macclesfield W
Morecambe D
Leyton Orient D
Them Lot W
Grimsby D
Forest Green W
Walsall D
Northampton W
Oldham D
Port Vale W

85 pts

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
mervyn":1rc1k4pi said:
I’ve been discounting all the talk of ‘the usual Exeter collapse’ as just wishful thinking, because they have real strength in depth in their current squad. In their last three games they’ve taken two points from nine, just as we had until last night. Be rather good if they can’t bounce back, but I suspect they will.

I've been so much the opposite. They've not scored many goals but they've not conceded many either which their GD represents very well. Even our 4-0 at their place hasn't made a dent in their inability to really turn the screw consistently and at some point teams would overwhelm their defence. As we are seeing now, their wins have papered over their fragility which was always there. Whether they still manage to pick up enough wins and enough draws in their last 10 games is speculative as one of the teams they are going up against is the flying Cheltenham. By that game I'm sure we'll be hoping for an Exeter win as I suspect we'll have to fight off a challenge for third and it's likely to be Cheltenham.

There's also the little matter of our revenge match and RL now know for sure it's not an ordinary game.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Knibbsworth":11i0jmnf said:
For 86 points we now need 7 wins from 10 remaining games. Tough ask.
For a team aspiring to achieve automatic promotion, 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat from the last 10 games is a realistic aim.

We should obviously be looking to win all of our home games but that is easier said than done.

However, we have 3 or 4 away games which look winnable and it may be that these games will be easier than some of the home games, particularly if teams come to HP and set up like Cambridge.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
mervyn":2adat3zh said:

:whistle: :scarf: :whistle: