A Chairboy trolling. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A Chairboy trolling.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Presto":17twzv3x said:
I think most fans recognise that time wasting and feigning injury have sadly become part of the game. It would be foolish to believe that we never do it it however Wycombe seem to have managed to develop all of the black arts to a level that cannot be reasonably condoned or excused. From the outset your players clearly feigned injury and wasted as much time as they could at every opportunity. The referee was unbelievably weak and could /should have addressed the problem.

We lost by giving away a very poor goal and a failure to convert chances. But if what I saw on Saturday is typical of a Wycombe performance I am very pleased they are not my team. I do not know exactly all of the events leading up to the manager confrontation and as always there will be two sides to every tale. But clearly ainsworth declined the offered hand. Which maybe says much about him as a man.

Last season we were second best in the playoffs but ironically if you had not deliberately wasted time in the match with Southend the probability is that you may well have been promoted.

Now I'm laughing.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
By the way when is Anusworth going to get a touchline ban...he incites trouble with his minder Hayes behind him then skulks off to a safe distance.
Apparently you had trouble last season with Northampton when jombatti celebrated in the face of an opponent....and yet I read a recent interview with Anusworth harping on about how important 'dignity' is. Something doesn't add up.
By the look of most other teams forums Anusworth, his unpalatable tactics and by association your club are similarly despised.
If that's the kind of seige mentality he's trying to cultivate then job done, Saturday was sick making

D

Devon Chairboy

Firstly there were not nineteen minutes of injury time there were nine in the first half (of which seven were treating the serious injury - I timed it) and I think four, possibly five in the second. So excluding the injury, six - about average these days.

Gareth Ainsworth off the pitch is extremely intelligent and generally accepted in the industry as being a straightforward, decent guy. On the pitch he is extremely passionate in winning football matches. Obviously opposition fans only see the latter. Actually I see many similarities between him and Adams. I would prefer either over the likes of a Sheridan.

To get the full story of "the handshake" you would have to know exactly what went on. It was clearly a feisty encounter. I agree it would have been better to just shake his hand, no matter how much of a dick GA thought DA was.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Which serious injury was that Devon Chairboy, I counted about a dozen serious injuries to Wycombe players on Saturday

T

Tynan's Dad

I'm not sure how many minutes were played, bit in the first half 9mins were on the board, but at least 11 extra were played due to stoppages during injury time.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Devon Chairboy":1s72c36o said:
Firstly there were not nineteen minutes of injury time there were nine in the first half (of which seven were treating the serious injury - I timed it) and I think four, possibly five in the second. So excluding the injury, six - about average these days.

Gareth Ainsworth off the pitch is extremely intelligent and generally accepted in the industry as being a straightforward, decent guy. On the pitch he is extremely passionate in winning football matches. Obviously opposition fans only see the latter. Actually I see many similarities between him and Adams. I would prefer either over the likes of a Sheridan.

To get the full story of "the handshake" you would have to know exactly what went on. It was clearly a feisty encounter. I agree it would have been better to just shake his hand, no matter how much of a dick GA thought DA was.
I'd duck if I were you. :hitfan:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Devon Chairboy":ryu63pu0 said:

Time you p155ed off.

D

Devon Chairboy

Re the style of play, WWFC have an extremely small budget, generally accepted to be one of the bottom six in the division, possibly as low as the bottom three. That brings in constraints in how the club can play and get results. Sadly this season the players expected to provide the flair have largely disappointed (Banton being prime example). Any manager has to win with what he has got. WWFC don't have the luxury of bringing other players in when certain players disappoint.

All teams (sadly) slow the game down when they are leading away, especially when they are protecting a 46 year old GK. Supporters tend to only see it in the opposition. When you won away at Adams Park this season, you slowed the game down and killed the flow in any way you could. Because you were winning, you wouldn't have noticed. In turn I didn't see much wrong with Saturday, but then I wouldn't would I.

Nov 4, 2012
Even if Derek Adams did say something he was well within his rights to. I'd have told Ainsc#nt exactly what I thought of him. The man is a disgrace and if you offered me the choice between Sheridan and Ainsc#nt I'd take Shez all day long. At least Sheridan's teams attempt to play football.

There were 9 minutes of added time in the 1st half but there should have been at least 15. There were 5 in the second half when there should have been at least 10.

Only one team turned up to play football.

D

Devon Chairboy

Now lets talk about "cheating".

I did see one piece of outrageous cheating on Saturday. And I have to say it game from a team in green.
Any team that tries to score a goal while the opposition goalkeeper is lying on the ground, screaming in agony and plainly seriously injured needs to have a look at itself IMHO. By the way I would have said precisely the same if that had been my team.

Nov 4, 2012
Devon Chairboy":11nlqo1o said:
Re the style of play, WWFC have an extremely small budget, generally accepted to be one of the bottom six in the division, possibly as low as the bottom three. That brings in constraints in how the club can play and get results. Sadly this season the players expected to provide the flair have largely disappointed (Banton being prime example). Any manager has to win with what he has got. WWFC don't have the luxury of bringing other players in when certain players disappoint.

All teams (sadly) slow the game down when they are leading away, especially when they are protecting a 46 year old GK. Supporters tend to only see it in the opposition. When you won away at Adams Park this season, you slowed the game down and killed the flow in any way you could. Because you were winning, you wouldn't have noticed. In turn I didn't see much wrong with Saturday, but then I wouldn't would I.

No no. We've seen teams time waste. It's part of the game to an extent. However in 15 years I have never seen such a disgraceful display of outright cheating. If you didn't see it you're either blind or delusional.

I witnessed the same tactics employed in the Play-off final so it is not a case of only seeing it in the opposition. There has not once been a post match reaction like this after a defeat. You're cheats end of.

Nov 4, 2012
Devon Chairboy":1w2w8rl0 said:
Now lets talk about "cheating".

I did see one piece of outrageous cheating on Saturday. And I have to say it game from a team in green.
Any team that tries to score a goal while the opposition goalkeeper is lying on the ground, screaming in agony and plainly seriously injured needs to have a look at itself IMHO. By the way I would have said precisely the same if that had been my team.

I'd have loved Reuben to have scored that. Would have been exactly what you're odious football club deserved. You can't complain about that when your players spend half the match faking injury.

D

Devon Chairboy

Obviously I don't agree with you Mr 94. What was your view on playing on when the GK was plainly injured. Acceptable?