A Chairboy trolling. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A Chairboy trolling.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Devon Chairboy!

Taken from your own forum by one of your more discerning fans...

Quote:

2:56PM
Here's a question for those of us following the game on BBC text/twitter (I know - but some of us have wives to pacify):

When JJ went down injured and the text said there was a long break in play, was your first thought:

"Oh god I hope he's not seriously injured..." Or was it:

"Oh FFS. There's over an hour to go. Have we really resorted to this already?"

I'm not taking sides on this, but the JJ going down injured for a bit does seem to be this year's tying the shoelace ruse

Nov 4, 2012
Devon Chairboy":3fnwruom said:
Obviously I don't agree with you Mr 94. What was your view on playing on when the GK was plainly injured. Acceptable?

See above. Talk about crying wolf. If you hadn't already had 3 players go down 'injured' we would have stopped playing.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Devon Chairboy":20ypopjc said:
Now lets talk about "cheating".

I did see one piece of outrageous cheating on Saturday. And I have to say it game from a team in green.
Any team that tries to score a goal while the opposition goalkeeper is lying on the ground, screaming in agony and plainly seriously injured needs to have a look at itself IMHO. By the way I would have said precisely the same if that had been my team.

DontFeedTroll.jpg

D

Devon Chairboy

But isn't your reaction rather typical. It happened in the 13th minute. Plainly it wouldn't have been possible to have spent "half the game" faking injury. Suggestive perhaps that the issue on Saturday was that you saw what you expected to see rather than what was happening. I have tried to answer your questions, answer mine. Is it acceptable to attempt to score a goal when the opposition GK is plainly seriously injured? Would you have said the same if it had been McCormick who was lying on the ground screaming in agony.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Devon Chairboy":2auverh6 said:
Now lets talk about "cheating".

I did see one piece of outrageous cheating on Saturday. And I have to say it game from a team in green.
Any team that tries to score a goal while the opposition goalkeeper is lying on the ground, screaming in agony and plainly seriously injured needs to have a look at itself IMHO. By the way I would have said precisely the same if that had been my team.

Actually you're wrong. Your player was initially in control of the ball so your lot decided to play on. If it was a broken leg then either team can put the ball out of play or continue. Your player at first grabbed his leg and when play wasn't stopped held his head because a head injury requires the ref to stop play. Who was cheating there?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Oh well.

At the end of the day it shows that we support the classier club and have a much classier team and manager :thumbup:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Devon Chairboy":3heezhy7 said:
But isn't your reaction rather typical. It happened in the 13th minute. Plainly it wouldn't have been possible to have spent "half the game" faking injury. Suggestive perhaps that the issue on Saturday was that you saw what you expected to see rather than what was happening. I have tried to answer your questions, answer mine. Is it acceptable to attempt to score a goal when the opposition GK is plainly seriously injured? Would you have said the same if it had been McCormick who was lying on the ground screaming in agony.

Sadly, when playing your lot there are a lot of 'serious' injuries that clear themselves up as soon as your opponents have lost rhythm in play.

Z

ZZZZMarker12

Devon Chairboy":2aonpln5 said:
Obviously I don't agree with you Mr 94. What was your view on playing on when the GK was plainly injured. Acceptable?

Of course it's acceptable. Every team should play to the whistle. And in particular when playing against sides like Wycombe. One day you'll cry wolf and the referee won't listen, then you'll be in trouble.

What your team needs is to be officiated by that Welsh Rugby ref Nigel Owens. Now that would be worth watching!

D

Devon Chairboy

There is nothing in the rules, Ade, that says you have to stop playing. So the referee would have had to give a goal. Would you have regarded it as fair? Would you have done if the roles were reversed? I would have said no to both scenarios. I sense you have green tinted glasses on in your reply.

Nov 4, 2012
Devon Chairboy":1qg48n6z said:

Yes it is acceptable when it is only the 13th minute and he was the 3rd player to go down injured. You can't fake injuries all game and then moan when we try to score when your keeper goes down actually injured.

D

Devon Chairboy

Lets move on to "class" shall we.

At half time your youth team did a lap of honour. The majority of our supporters clapped them as they passed. Not a single boo was heard.

Earlier a seriously injured 20 year old was stretchered past your supporters, clearly in severe pain and no doubt worrying that his nascent career (he has played six games I believe and became first choice two games ago) was over. He was greeted by a torrent of abuse.

Which reaction would you describe as classier?

Aug 11, 2013
Sportsmanship is defined as ethical, appropriate, polite and fair behavior while participating in a game or athletic event. Wycome are the complete antithesis of this.

Wycombe are quite frankly an embarrassment. Yes - you'll get the odd win, like yesterday but it's not a long term route to success and you just look complete fools. The sad thing is I think you have a squad who could win games fairly without all the theatrics and embarrassing behaviour. I hope young kids don't come to your games to watch your players antics. Very sad if they do. They'll think it normal.

We come to watch football not a pantomime show. The British way has always been fair play ..... and you'll get your comeuppance. Your team and manager do a great disservice to your town. How can any fan have any pride in that sort of team?

Your manager will put it down to sour grapes - but we pity you as fellow football fans.

We may have lost this battle but we'll win the war that is promotion out of this dreadful league ..... but we'll do it sportingly.

If Wycombe ever go into admin and need some friends they may not find too many fans rallying around.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Devon Chairboy":2zsl13kk said:
There is nothing in the rules, Ade, that says you have to stop playing. So the referee would have had to give a goal. Would you have regarded it as fair? Would you have done if the roles were reversed? I would have said no to both scenarios. I sense you have green tinted glasses on in your reply.

You're missing the point. Referees stop games when there is a head injury. They do not stop games for leg injuries unless the leg is hanging off a la Busst. Your keeper held his leg and as I've said changed to holding his head when the ref didn't stop play. Your player received the ball instead of hoofing it into the crowd continued to play on. If our players had stopped playing to attend to your keeper I'm damned sure your lot would have found a way to profit from that.

Also, how long did your keeper spend in Derridord hospital after his serious injury or was he put straight on your coach to watch a dvd. Bearing in mind he knew he'd have time to watch a 2-3 hour movie.