AFC Wimbledon match thread | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFC Wimbledon match thread

Aug 15, 2015
Nouble missed his kick but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have been stopped even after. Watts tucked in too far and left his man out wide free.

On a sidenote where can I switch off this annoying feature where if a reply comes in before mine, I have to re-submit my post? :banghead:

Jun 27, 2019
philevs":ojcv31pk said:
WoodsyGreen":ojcv31pk said:
JannerinCardiff":ojcv31pk said:
WoodsyGreen":ojcv31pk said:
This looks like being the pattern for the season. We'll have no problem finding the net but our back three just aren't up to it, and the keeper should have done better there too.

Sorry but it was Absolutely nothing to do with the defence at all - it was a mistake from Nouble..

Um, all three CBs were in the six-yard box and none of them managed to track the player who scored or cut out the cross.

Nothing to do with the defence? Yeah, okay.

The guy who put it across goal had so much space he could have placed it wherever he wanted, what do you expect the defence to do about that?

I'm not talking about the guy who put it across goal, I'm talking about the player who scored. He was in our six-yard box with three centre-backs and a keeper, yet he still managed to score.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Cooper’s distribution is fantastic, with foot or hand.

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
A simple player guide for the conmentator:

Cooper no 32, socks around calves, yellow / orange boots and a beard

Mayor no 10. None of the above.

Now confusing Watts for Cooper also.

Also Macleod for Aimson.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Argyle not convincing at all.

Everytime the ball goes in our box we look desperate.

Midfield being closed down so so quick.

A few wayward long balls into the channels haven’t come off.

Hardie not getting any service, Nouble not having any impact.

Aug 15, 2015
Cobi Budge":1m18umpw said:
People very quick to slate the defenders but their goal was largely Nouble’s fault.

Interesting viewpoint. So you're saying the man out wide should have been left free by Watts (who was ball watching)? That the ball in the middle wasn't the fault of the defender for the attacker winning the ball first? Ok then Cobi.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Opposition teams have already worked us out and press us high up the pitch.
Last season we were allowed to play around the back ready to start an attack.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We collectively conceded a poor poor goal.

Doesn’t matter where the blame gets individually directed.

We’re off the pace. AFC have been brilliant so far. Stopping argyle playing football and they are probing for a second

Oct 5, 2013
Shoenice":1399opuy said:
Cobi Budge":1399opuy said:
People very quick to slate the defenders but their goal was largely Nouble’s fault.

Interesting viewpoint. So you're saying the man out wide should have been left free by Watts (who was ball watching)? That the ball in the middle wasn't the fault of the defender for the attacker winning the ball first? Ok then Cobi.

If Nouble gets replaced at halftime then maybe it’ll show that RL agrees with some of us....

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
PL2 3DQ":tfsyvz7r said:
Opposition teams have already worked us out and press us high up the pitch.
Last season we were allowed to play around the back ready to start an attack.

We don’t help ourselves. We had a free kick 10 yards in to their half. We made 2 passes straight back to our keeper who had to rush a clearance straight to their player.

Aug 15, 2015
philevs":7pn95x3s said:
Shoenice":7pn95x3s said:
Cobi Budge":7pn95x3s said:

If Nouble gets replaced at halftime then maybe it’ll show that RL agrees with some of us....

I bet you any money if Lowe comments on the goal he'll talk about how Watts got caught napping out wide. That's if he elaborates on it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’d take Nouble off second half and put Camara on.

Move Grant or Mayor further up centrally and Camara to slot in CM

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Shoenice":3erlkx13 said:
Cobi Budge":3erlkx13 said:

The ball came straight toward Nouble, he missed a simple clearance, if he makes the clearance the above doesn’t matter. I said it was largely his fault, not completely his fault.