Alex Fletcher (no move to Dunfermline) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex Fletcher (no move to Dunfermline)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I hope something is agreed for him, it would be a fantastic opportunity to play in Scotland, I suppose distance is a stumbling block but it would be good to see more of our youngsters learning their trade up there on loan.

The standard of competition is lower for places at the smaller clubs so the chances of playing are much greater but because of the gulf in quality you end up facing some high quality players against the likes of Celtic and Rangers. At the same time you gain experience playing in front of decent sized crowds with the pressure that comes with that rather than a few hundred at a local English side. A fantastic opportunity if you ask me.

Good luck Alex hopefully a chance for him to really prove his worth and a chance for us to prove our young players are worth taking on loan up there.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
andyplym":2kg2ttwt said:
he posted an instagram yesterday in Edinburgh town centre, my guess it could be Dunfermline
Was from just outside Edinburgh Waverley station. Could be anywhere in Scotland.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
not good enough for dear old Dunfermline....dear old dear....maybe Parkway beckons...

Mar 23, 2008
Much will be made of this but often its not a case of quality, more what else they currently have in their squad and they may feel Fletch is too similar. Thought he generally did well last season and his two main spells were when we were playing poorly so limited service.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Fletcher also hasn't been taken to the training camp in Holland and been left behind to train with the Development squad which suggests he will not be anywhere near the first team squad any time soon.

Aug 3, 2017
PL2 3DQ":3hi09qzl said:
Fletcher also hasn't been taken to the training camp in Holland and been left behind to train with the Development squad which suggests he will not be anywhere near the first team squad any time soon.

And also that DA really does intend to get him on loan somewhere. He cannot go on trials if he is in Holland. Fletcher needs to develop physically if he is to get near the first team due to the system we play.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Did Dunfermline make the decision?

Aug 5, 2016
He is young, but in reality nowhere near first team quality yet. We get a little too sentimental about our youth products. If DA signed a player from Scotland with the same height and attributes, the feedback would be a little different.

Torquay United are a Conference South team, would they play Fletcher if they had him for a season?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Knibbsworth":3953xldz said:
Torquay United are a Conference South team, would they play Fletcher if they had him for a season?

Well they didn't give him much game time when he went there last season.

Saw a reference that Fletcher hasn't gone to Netherlands. Who has gone on the Dutch trip?

Feb 17, 2017
Knibbsworth":2246ezfm said:
He is young, but in reality nowhere near first team quality yet. We get a little too sentimental about our youth products. If DA signed a player from Scotland with the same height and attributes, the feedback would be a little different.

I do remember looking on a torquay utd forum for a progress report on fletcher, it seems he started a game or two, then dropped to the bench with a sub appearance, then out of the squad completely. I think their view was too lightweight and worse than what they had already.
I think we will struggle to get Fletcher game time at a reasonable level, he might have to drop down to tier 7/8, bearing in mind torquay have banton up front and what tier are they 6?