Alex Fletcher (no move to Dunfermline) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex Fletcher (no move to Dunfermline)

Sep 10, 2011
Torquay also just gave a pro contract to a 16 year old school leaver (who has featured in their pre-seasons) so might not require additional forward competition.

Oct 24, 2010
It's clear he is struggling to make the step up, he has a lot to work on and I wish him luck but it does highlight the difficulty young players have getting to the pace of league football which is a world apart from the level at which they have been playing.

Aug 5, 2016
Neilz5419":3c375qiy said:
Knibbsworth":3c375qiy said:
He is young, but in reality nowhere near first team quality yet. We get a little too sentimental about our youth products. If DA signed a player from Scotland with the same height and attributes, the feedback would be a little different.

Torquay United are a Conference South team, would they play Fletcher if they had him for a season?

I do remember looking on a torquay utd forum for a progress report on fletcher, it seems he started a game or two, then dropped to the bench with a sub appearance, then out of the squad completely. I think their view was too lightweight and worse than what they had already.
I think we will struggle to get Fletcher game time at a reasonable level, he might have to drop down to tier 7/8, bearing in mind torquay have banton up front and what tier are they 6?

My question was more rhetorical. How many leagues do you think Fletcher would have to drop before a) he would be a starting forward b) he would score 20 goals a season?

I would imagine the answer is still the Devon and Cornwall regional league than League One among the senior professionals. It is such a tough jump in standard, he really needs a productive loan move if he is going to make it.

Jul 6, 2011
Looking at the Fletcher situation, neither the formation Adams plays or the amount of actual game time he's been given has exactly helped his advancement. He needs to bulk up, but then he's just a kid.

Jul 13, 2006
briangreen":3d4npcdl said:
Looking at the Fletcher situation, neither the formation Adams plays or the amount of actual game time he's been given has exactly helped his advancement. He needs to bulk up, but then he's just a kid.
It was apparent to see the amount of bulking up Jamie Reid has done at torquay. Quite liked the look of him.

Jul 6, 2011
foreigner":39skdeuk said:
briangreen":39skdeuk said:
It was apparent to see the amount of bulking up Jamie Reid has done at torquay. Quite liked the look of him.

Bulking up worked wonders for Isaac Vassell.