Any concerns? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Any concerns?

C

CG1983

I'm worried about next week and all the Grandstanders joining us in the Lyndhurst.

I'll think they'll make more noise than what we normally make.

Jul 29, 2010
semper crudus":287mhnq5 said:
I'm concerned about the increasingly poor quality of some of the threads started on here.
That might've been posted in jest but in all honesty this too is my main concern on 'planet Argyle'. Furthermore how long those poor threads go on and how repetitive the themes are. Why? because they are indicative of a badly skewed sense of priority within the fanbase.

Hooray, the football is back, and thank f**k for that. Never have I been so happy to be rudely awoken off a night shift than today when the postie needed a signature for my membership card.

But silly season has been skull numbingly stupid season this year so I hope to God it ACTUALLY IS over. More than ever it really is completely sucking the jam out of the Argyle doughnut.

We will win some games we will draw some games and, yes, we will lose some games. Same as it ever was, same as it will always be. I am not concerned about that, what will be will be.

What concerns me is that in reacting to those wins, draws and defeats the overall 'circle of Argyle life' experience that our forefathers would recognise won't just be taken in our stride as they did.

My concern is that any points lost will be met with a continuation of this summers navel gazing, finger pointing, conspiracy theorising and repeated same old same old yadda yadda.

A look on GoS will tell you we've lose thousands of games, dropped tens of thousands of points in our history, but we kept our faith and over generations we've kept our chins up and continued to enjoy the simple pleasures of supporting our team.

I fear despite that history of stoic forbearance that rght now and going forwards when we drop points each one, ridiculously, will be laid at the door of one man.

I just want to enjoy the wins, take the draws and kick the cat over the defeats just as we always have. I don't need it to be part of any conspiracy or campaign of introspective blame culture.

We are Argyle, we unite and support or we bicker and die.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’m not with you, but trust me Oddball’s and Area 51’s table manners are somewhat industrial.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
IJN":3qv6099i said:
I’m not with you, but trust me Oddball’s and Area 51’s table manners are somewhat industrial.
Hopefully the presence of Mrs Meetoo will put pay to the wind issues... :whistle:

Apr 5, 2008
Concerned we will win first couple of games ,and Sky bet and others won't have us priced over 100/1 to make the play offs

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
meetoo":1gfu821s said:
IJN":1gfu821s said:
Hopefully the presence of Mrs Meetoo will put pay to the wind issues... :whistle:

It won't make a difference mate. He'll simply say 'IBS' after. :lol:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We’re not competing and losing by the odd goal in a balanced game, we’re getting utterly walked over.

Apr 12, 2016
Plainly we are not competitive at the moment. Time for managers, coaching staff and players to have a good look at themselves and sort it out

Jul 6, 2005
It was extremely embarrassing at Yeovil and has carried on in the same manner.

Without the ability to even make any other signing until January we appear to be in big trouble.

I agree we have to watch the pennies but Ainswrth,Wilde, PGrant etc must all be on a good wage but never play. Other sides made some great loan signings but not us.

Yeovil who have no money and less than 3000 crowds have made several loan signings even since we played them.

What is going on. Last season started like this and from December we looked like the best team in the league. We lost 3 from that team. You can ignore the keeper situation as I believe both loan keepers are about equal. True we lost a half decent right back and a very good centre half (who stated if he was offered a descent contract would have stayed.

We sign 11 or 12 players. You would think great we are moving forward. What a mistaken thought.