Anyone want Adams to stay? | Page 68 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anyone want Adams to stay?

Mar 23, 2008
HC Green":mmv2aksn said:
Deacster":mmv2aksn said:
Steve Hiscott":mmv2aksn said:
Deacster":mmv2aksn said:
Steve Hiscott":mmv2aksn said:
Change of heart i think he will sort it, I can see what the team are trying to do we just don't seem to have that quality to pull it off i don't believe that it's all adams fault he can only work with the budget he has got and i don't believe he can become a bad manager over night.

I do believe that simon hallett will give adams a slightly better budget which is needed to tie up our back four which is a course for concern as are leaking far too many goals! we will need to sign some players come january.
Didn't Hallett say in the week that our budget is about middle of the league? Well we are in the relegation zone, so Adams is under-performing and has mins-used his budget, this is not an excuse. It's his team, his squad, his results.

True just trying to focus on the positives as strange as that sounds perhaps i just have faith he will sort it out. I certainly don't think it helped with the fans being on his back at games but can fully understand why. The fan base and the management seem to have lost that connection that we once had and i feel we are going to need to rebuild that, negative breeds and i just think we need to bridge that gap and sing on the same hymn sheet and try and build the club back up to a more positive vibe and then i think we might see a slight change in circumstances we find ourselves in.
No problem in seeing the positive, I usually do but I'm struggling this season. Unfortunately when Adams criticised the fans with his yobs comments, that was always going to prove divisive, so he has caused that disconnect. It's a fair point to raise though but one of the many reasons I fear he's past the point of no return.

People who spit on others are yobs.
Of course, but why tar our whole fan base with that brush?

May 8, 2011
Deacster":2pe91skf said:
HC Green":2pe91skf said:
Steve Hiscott":2pe91skf said:
Steve Hiscott":2pe91skf said:
Change of heart i think he will sort it, I can see what the team are trying to do we just don't seem to have that quality to pull it off i don't believe that it's all adams fault he can only work with the budget he has got and i don't believe he can become a bad manager over night.

I do believe that simon hallett will give adams a slightly better budget which is needed to tie up our back four which is a course for concern as are leaking far too many goals! we will need to sign some players come january.
Didn't Hallett say in the week that our budget is about middle of the league? Well we are in the relegation zone, so Adams is under-performing and has mins-used his budget, this is not an excuse. It's his team, his squad, his results.

True just trying to focus on the positives as strange as that sounds perhaps i just have faith he will sort it out. I certainly don't think it helped with the fans being on his back at games but can fully understand why. The fan base and the management seem to have lost that connection that we once had and i feel we are going to need to rebuild that, negative breeds and i just think we need to bridge that gap and sing on the same hymn sheet and try and build the club back up to a more positive vibe and then i think we might see a slight change in circumstances we find ourselves in.
No problem in seeing the positive, I usually do but I'm struggling this season. Unfortunately when Adams criticised the fans with his yobs comments, that was always going to prove divisive, so he has caused that disconnect. It's a fair point to raise though but one of the many reasons I fear he's past the point of no return.

People who spit on others are yobs.
Of course, but why tar our whole fan base with that brush?

Did he, or is that just another internet fact?

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":nnsqhwmx said:
nick_PASTIE":nnsqhwmx said:
Spot on. And Chiefs can charge a damn sight more for their facilities because demand has gone up exponentially with their on field success. There would be much less demand for their facilities if they were rattling around the lower leagues.

Why, when the facilities are being used on a daily basis primarily by non rugby, non Chiefs supporters? It the same facilities regardless of what league they are in.

I don't think the facilities planned at Home Park will be comparable to what the Chiefs have so we're not suddenly going to pinch all of their customers.

And there's only a finite number of conferences, weddings, bar mitzvahs etc so there's not necessarily going to be a clamour for the new HP facilities.

And Sandy Park has far better communication links - airport, motorway, better rail.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I'm pretty sure he didn't tar the whole fanbase as yobs, it was obvious he only meant the badly behaved ones and he was right they were yobs.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
78 pages later and the answer is still a defiant NO thank you.

Utter dross negative football with NO sign of any improvement.

The guy has lost the plot and doesn't have a scooby doo anymore. Spent force that needs to be "moved on " asap

May 1, 2011
r4h4al":1eg68zma said:
I'm pretty sure he didn't tar the whole fanbase as yobs, it was obvious he only meant the badly behaved ones and he was right they were yobs.

Look at his career history as a manager and tell me if parts of that are not yobbish?

Sep 6, 2006
Bristol Rich":15mye6ma said:
Balham_Green":15mye6ma said:
HC Green":15mye6ma said:
HC Green":15mye6ma said:
Was the spitting just an Internet fact.

No.

And the evidence is....

On the clothes and in the hair.

Of who? And seen by who?

HC Green knows more about Derek Adams than Derek Adams.

Well he doesn't seem to know the answer to this.....