Argyle at Charlton - match day thread | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle at Charlton - match day thread

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HeShootsHeScores":2hbz2hln said:
Balham_Green":2hbz2hln said:
We COULD snatch a draw if we get the first goal. Most of us are expecting defeat but surely if we went there took the game to them played positively it would assuage some of the criticism . Defeat with honour.

I fully expect Adams to steal those last 2 sentences for use in his post-match press conference!

It looks like you've signed up to Pasoti just to criticise Adams in every post.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Come on Postey, we know by now that if your default position isn’t to ridicule the manager then you must be a deluded sycophant.

Though I am going for a last minute 1-0 defeat :(

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
I have a recollection of during the 0-0 at the Boleyn when Shilton sssched the Argyle fans with his finger to his lips so he could concentrate...

Mind you it seemed to work!

Apr 30, 2011
Kind of game that Argo have pulled one out of the bag in the past.

I go 2-1 Argo. Ladapo and Carey with a pen.

Nov 22, 2006
Heart says 1-0 head says 0-3 defeat

My team
Made
Riley
Wootton
Edwards
Sawyer
Fox
Sarcevic
Ladapo
Carey
Lameiras
Taylor

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It’s another grey day with oddly heavy (probably rainy) weather. Like last year.

Hopefully a better result.

Oct 31, 2015
Hoping for a win, this team could scrape a draw but what ever please score a bloody goal. We have not scored the league since the posh trouncing. I kind of laugh at all those saying multiple goals when we have only scored 4 in league all season.

COYGs

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
robin":2ae6osx6 said:
memory man":2ae6osx6 said:
moles40":2ae6osx6 said:
We have had the odd good result at Charlton away over the years,.I remember watching us

beating Charlton when they played at Selhurst Park,why were they playing at Palaces ground ,I can’t remember !

Our season ended after thst dreadful performance at Charlton last season,maybe our season starts today.2-1 Argyle :scarf:
They left the Valley in 1985. I think it was in the wake of the Bradford fire and the Football League was concerned about safety at the Valley. The club were on hard times - I think they may have been just out of administration when they were forced to move. Selhurst Park made it the third ground where Argyle had played an away game against Charlton. In the early 20s after two seasons at the Valley Charlton spent a season at the Mount. We beat them 1-0 on Easter Monday 1924. On 03 November 1990 we played them at Selhurst and beat them 1-0. And we made a fourth visit to a different away ground - on 04 April 1992 we drew 0-0 at the Boleyn Ground. I don't think there are too many teams where we have played them away on four different grounds. And quite remarkably, in the three games away from the Valley we were unbeaten and did not concede a goal!!

As interesting as ever MM, I wonder which other teams we have played on 4+ away grounds? Maybe Bristol Rovers?
Just three (Eastville, Twerton Park and the Memorial Ground) in peace-time but in the SW Regional League from 1939-40 we played them once at Ashton Gate and a second game at the Kingswood Ground. Brighton is a 3 - Withdean, Priestfield Stadium in Gillingham and the original Goldstone. Better stop now - I have a shed to demolish!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lameiras and Smith-Brown start. Peter Grant, Fletcher and Dyson on the bench.

No Moore or Riley so looks like Sawyer is at right back. No Taylor.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Dnsze4eW4AAYYtc.jpg:small

Three changes - Riley, Canavan out; O'Keefe benched. Smith-Brown, Wootton and Lameiras in. Also Dyson and P Grant on bench

Sep 8, 2018
PL2 3DQ":2kf26m0z said:
HeShootsHeScores":2kf26m0z said:
Balham_Green":2kf26m0z said:
We COULD snatch a draw if we get the first goal. Most of us are expecting defeat but surely if we went there took the game to them played positively it would assuage some of the criticism . Defeat with honour.

I fully expect Adams to steal those last 2 sentences for use in his post-match press conference!

If you bothered to actually read my posts you'd see that I'm expressing perfectly reasonable concerns about the current poor performance in a reasonable fashion. Nowhere have I just thrown mud for the sake of it. I was under the impression that forums were for open and reasoned debate about matters of interest. When the team's winless and bottom of the league, is it surprising that discussion centres on what appears to be going wrong. I signed up to the forum because I'm a season ticket holder and want to be part of the discussion. Is that OK with you?

Perhaps you'd like to give me a list of acceptable upbeat topics for the forum -and we can talk about them instead.

Apr 30, 2017
PL2 3DQ":3ofsqov4 said:
Lameiras and Smith-Brown start. Peter Grant, Fletcher and Dyson on the bench.

No Moore or Riley so looks like Sawyer is at right back. No Taylor.
Wootton at RB, Sawyer at CB

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HeShootsHeScores":1mp33muq said:
PL2 3DQ":1mp33muq said:
HeShootsHeScores":1mp33muq said:
Balham_Green":1mp33muq said:

If you bothered to actually read my posts you'd see that I'm expressing perfectly reasonable concerns about the current poor performance in a reasonable fashion. Nowhere have I just thrown mud for the sake of it. I was under the impression that forums were for open and reasoned debate about matters of interest. When the team's winless and bottom of the league, is it surprising that discussion centres on what appears to be going wrong. I signed up to the forum because I'm a season ticket holder and want to be part of the discussion. Is that OK with you?

Perhaps you'd like to give me a list of acceptable upbeat topics for the forum -and we can talk about them instead.

Thanks for confirmation.