Argyle bid for Janoi Donacien (signs for Fleetwood) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle bid for Janoi Donacien (signs for Fleetwood)

Dec 3, 2005
Sounds like sour grapes to me, not one person, other then those in charge at Fleetwood will have any idea of their finances.

Sep 2, 2008
German Shepherd":123qh8kd said:
It's amazing this sanctimonious loathing of Fleetwood.
How much did Argyle pay for their world class pitch ? £6,000 was it when it should have been circa £750,000, ripping off the company & many other local companies when they went into administration.
How much has Hallett put into Argyle , must be about £20M ? Has he got his money back ?

Its human nature and happens all over the world. As I've said before on other threads, some people only see what they want to see. This 'holier than thou' perspective is something that is sown deep into the human psyche and is not something that will ever change.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
djg145":29lp3q4n said:
Sounds like sour grapes to me, not one person, other then those in charge at Fleetwood will have any idea of their finances.
You're missing the point here Dave.

With their blatant exploitation of FFP, Fleetwood inflate the transfer fees, signing on fees, Agents fees as well as the salaries of players in the lower Leagues.

There is no way that 3300 gates can support their playing budget or finance their new Grandstand, which just happens to house the main office of BES Utilities.

As for the comments from others about Argyle getting the new pitch on the cheap; we probably did.

By comparison, Leicester got a £35M stadium for 1p in the £ owed when they went in to administration but they didn't get a points reduction, unlike Argyle who were relegated because of it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Donacien played the full game for Fleetwood today and was Man of the Match.

He can't be match fit just yet.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PL2 3DQ":jmwbgh5w said:
Donacien played the full game for Fleetwood today and was Man of the Match.

He can't be match fit just yet.

A pearl amongst swine poor chap! :sad:

He could have been a little nugget in our jewel box.

Sounds like he has a lot to give. :coat:

Dec 30, 2020
djg145":3mhiwbq2 said:

Well they have to file independently audited accounts to comply with the laws of the land, and their finances are also subject to football league regulations. If nobody other than those in charge of a business could get an overview of its financial position, that would open the door to all sorts of abuses.

If you do a bit of a google on Andy Pilley, the Fleetwood Chairman, you'll get pages and pages on investigations from Ofgem and Trading Standards, multiple customer service complaints etc. Even his wikipedia page comes with a health warning that it "promotes the subject (ie Pilley) through the exaggeration of unnoteworthy facts." It's pretty obvious that he's a very different character to Simon Hallett.

Personally, I think the experience of teams like Fleetwood, Rushden etc highlights the fact that it often takes a pretty psychotic personality to generate the level of wealth enjoyed by their owners. Towns that size would never have clamoured for a football league team. While there's no doubt a small number of people that enjoy watching them, it really isn't bringing joy to the number of people that traditional league teams (some of which have been shoved further down the pyramid to make way for the likes of Fleetwood) can reach. The only thing it really achieves is a gigantic ego trip for the individual owner.