Argyle v Charlton match thread | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Charlton match thread

Mar 23, 2008
oldage":23zninwa said:
Biggs":23zninwa said:
In Ryan Lowe’s defence... it feels like a Plymouth Argyle problem as much as a specifically Lowe one.

This is eerily similar to the last relegation season, even in how we play and the fragile defence. Despite the managers being totally different in personality and tactics.

We’re not just not able to compete properly at this level just yet. I don’t know what the answer is, beyond scrapping to stay in the league this year and hoping we’re strong in the summer transfer market.

Very worried now, though.
No logic. Different managers,different players .The only common denominator ,single minded managers with a plan A and nothing else
Agree with that. Adams shortfall was also being too stubborn, it's good to have a philosophy but not to the point of non progression. Lowe couod easily fall into the same trap. Can he evolve? Will he sign the necessary nous?

May 22, 2006
That was poor.

Stat at the end, Argyle successful crosses 2/27. That really does focus the issue- a combination of poor crossing and a lack of ability to convert.

Law improved in the second half. Reeves did well when he came on but failed to cut out the cross for the sixth. Very little to be positive about, after an encouraging first 12 mins.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I cannot recall Argyle ever losing 6-nil at home in a League match. I concede they did not give up but they could have been there until midnight and not scored. RL has a big big job on his hands until the end of the season. I just do not like to see him retreat to sit down on the bench when the game is going against Argyle. It looks so defeated.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The post match interview is grimly fascinating.

If he throws the players under the bus again, I don’t think we’re getting another point this season.

Aug 5, 2016
The defending for the final goals and the Aneke final chance was well and truly shocking. Can't remember the last time I saw anything like it.

Rio Ferdinand would call it "Hackney Marshes".

Apr 13, 2021
That was an absolute disgrace - clueless.

Has Lowe lost the changing room ? Remember the last time an Argyle manager lost the changing room. We were looking safe and conceded a late equaliser at Blackpool . We all know what happened after that ....

II know there’s a slim chance but 3 out of the 4 teams that Rochdale have left to play have nothing to play for and based on tonights performance, can anyone see Argyle getting another point ?

gen

Jul 12, 2008
Hampshire
Lucky but i think we are mathematically safe. Rebuild from back to front though. We created nothing when we weren't busy conceding

Dec 18, 2004
gen":9v0z0gwm said:
Lucky but i think we are mathematically safe. Rebuild from back to front though. We created nothing when we weren't busy conceding
You need to go back for some maths lessons

May 16, 2016
up_the_line":234ovzwf said:
I actually think this looks increasingly like we could go down.
It's the level of complacency from the players, commentary and many commenters that tells me there might be a lot of shocked people in 3 games time

It's the seemingly inability to raise their game and tough it out enough to gain the solitary (?) point we need to stay up that's frustrating me. An against the odds relegation would really not surprise me.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
gen":2c4k0nug said:

Much as I'd like to be looking at the same table you are, we are far from out of the woods.
It will come down to whether Rochdale slip up in their remaining four very winnable games, because this side aren't getting another point this season

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
This lot, including the manager, have got away with an awfull lot this season what with no fans being there, they would rightly have been given some stick tonight. And you can shove your Ryan Lowe chant up the Demport end.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
He's a one trick pony and he has been found out. 13 goals conceded in the last 4 games now. 9 in the last 2 home games.

We were 'disgraceful' against Shrewsbury, according to him. What were we tonight, then Ryan?

I have watched Argyle for 40+ years and never have we been beaten 6-0 at home. It's been teetering on the brink of a shambles on 3 separate occasions this season and we're now delivering catastrophic form when it matters most.

Rochdale probably won't win 4 on the trot and we will probably stay up, but I have grave reservations now about Ryan Lowe taking us into another League 1 campaign next season.

And let's not blame Covid, eh? There were truly pathetic performances last season aswell, and a defence that was as wide open as it has been this season. We got away with it last year.

Dec 18, 2004
Guiri Green":3p6fm1w2 said:
up_the_line":3p6fm1w2 said:
I actually think this looks increasingly like we could go down.
It's the level of complacency from the players, commentary and many commenters that tells me there might be a lot of shocked people in 3 games time

It's the seemingly inability to raise their game and tough it out enough to gain the solitary (?) point we need to stay up that's frustrating me. An against the odds relegation would really not surprise me.

A single point won't be enough as Rochdale would have 54 points but a better goal difference.

We need a win or for Rochdale not to win one.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
I genuinely think he has no idea what to do. His plan A doesn’t work he is stuffed. His lack of experience and nous is beginning to tell big time. Think we’re going to need another team, hopefully Wimbledon next Tuesday, to do us a favour by stopping Rochdale.