Argyle v Charlton match thread | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Charlton match thread

Shm

Jan 4, 2017
Another poor performance from a team that look and play like they have nothing to play for and are already on a staycation. Where’s the pride in the shirt why is Lowe sat on his arse in the dugout and not in his technical area screaming his bollocks off no passion and little respect for the fans from this team. New defence overhaul needed and more clinical strikers upfront otherwise next season will be worse again.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Are we sure we picked the right guy up when we loaned Watts?
The guy whose been pulling on a green shirt week in week out surely isn't a footballer?
I think he might have just been up at the Newcastle club shop buying a scarf when the driver pulled up.

Apr 5, 2008
Popeye":1pe4lefm said:
gen":1pe4lefm said:
Lucky but i think we are mathematically safe. Rebuild from back to front though. We created nothing when we weren't busy conceding
You need to go back for some maths lessons
So all the other teams below us are going to go above us, even if Rochdale win all their games??, Dream on... :facepalm:

Dec 30, 2020
We were safe weeks ago, and that partly explains the performance against a team who we've already beaten and drawn with this season but were obviously far hungrier and mentally switched on tonight.

We were also lacking in character/experience, lightweight and badly set up.

Some of that is Ryan Lowe's fault. He's not entirely to blame. You could say that about the more disappointing aspects of the season as a whole.

The obvious example is the decision to can two experienced defenders in January and rely on young players with no back up, which has probably cost us points over the second half of the season but makes financial sense in the long-term. Whether it was the right or wrong decision, I doubt it was one that Lowe took without input from those higher-up.

He's made mistakes, but it would be ludicrous to sack every manager that does, and we'd be doing it every few weeks.

With a bit of a rest, our younger players will come back stronger next season. But it is clearly going to be a big summer that will require us to get several big decisions right in terms of recruitment

Jan 31, 2006
Will Ryan Lowe resign? He resigned during the game, sat in the dugout. After a reaction like that, resignation is the only dignified way out. Sorry Ryan but enough is enough.

Mar 27, 2008
Popeye":2seu2hub said:
Guiri Green":2seu2hub said:
up_the_line":2seu2hub said:
I actually think this looks increasingly like we could go down.
It's the level of complacency from the players, commentary and many commenters that tells me there might be a lot of shocked people in 3 games time

It's the seemingly inability to raise their game and tough it out enough to gain the solitary (?) point we need to stay up that's frustrating me. An against the odds relegation would really not surprise me.

A single point won't be enough as Rochdale would have 54 points but a better goal difference.

We need a win or for Rochdale not to win one.

You talk as if it’s between just us and Rochdale?

Aug 5, 2016
Cobi Budge":1899c27e said:
Looking forward to seeing the back of all of our loanees. There isn't one I'd keep.

I remember a few months ago, apparently there was no hope of getting Kelland Watts back because he was going to be required in Newcastle's first team next season. For some reason a few Argyle fans knew this to be the case!

I think I would take Fornah again.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Knibbsworth":1b7j83l6 said:
Cobi Budge":1b7j83l6 said:
Looking forward to seeing the back of all of our loanees. There isn't one I'd keep.

I remember a few months ago, apparently there was no hope of getting Kelland Watts back because he was going to be required in Newcastle's first team next season. For some reason a few Argyle fans knew this to be the case!

I think I would take Fornah again.

I would agree with you there. I am afraid I perceived the weaknesses in Kelland Watts' play months ago. I think he was lucky there were no credible replacements to slot into that LCB position after Garry Sawyer's serious injury

Mar 14, 2009
This is why l question Lowe and his tactics.

Watts has been ever present for the season. Even though he has been exposed defensively, time and time again.

When Argyle change to 4ATB Watts was injured. Opoku was suspended.

I actually believed it was a tactical switch by Lowe because of results. However, Watts got fit and Woods got injured. Since Watts return from injury we played 3ATB again until Aimson went off injured last night.

This is why l question Lowe. It’s the repetitive mistakes out team defensively, by the same players. Our manager then keeps the players in the same system the following game.

It’s worrying.