Argyle v Charlton match thread | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Charlton match thread

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
This commentary is getting on my mammaries, can a PAFC employee not even acknowledge we might not be the best?

Apart from the goals, he says. Well apart from goals, shots on target, shots and what the naked eye can see we are so far off.

May 29, 2011
Bristol
Anyone else think that Camara has really gone off the boil in the second half of the season? He was immense before but is now much more anonymous.

Charlton showing how to be decisive in front of goal.

Frustrating.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Rochdale, Northampton Wimbledon and Wigan all winning (and of course Swindon won earlier). How many teams below us need to find "promotion" form for it to be squeaky bum time?

RKB

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Rochdale winning is the biggest news. If that ends with it still being a possibility they can catch and relegate us, I will start believing the only scenario where it could actually happen, will actually happen...again.

As Balotelli once said, "why is it always us?"

Mar 14, 2009
Great cross in for Charlton second goal. Something lm afraid we lack in the team.

Defence looks shaky in the back 3. Aimson doesnā€™t look the same player. He continues to play Watts at LCB. We look so vulnerable down the sides in a 3ATB system.

Aimson gets injured, and then we change our system. As the injury forces a tactical change. This 3ATB system doesnā€™t work with these group of players yet Lowe started again with it tonight.

I watch Argyle and the honest truth is the team and the tactics are poor. We are hanging on hoping each weekend results go for us so we can claim our league one survival. We have won 2 out of 11 games before tonight. And yet we continue to make excuses for the same issues each week.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Looking forward to seeing the back of all of our loanees. There isn't one I'd keep.

Mar 4, 2004
We seem more concerned with retaining possession than any other aspect of the game and yet are really poor at it.

Aug 11, 2013
I thought that first half was a microcosm of our entire season and canā€™t see where itā€™s going to change under RL to be honest. Whatā€™s a clean sheet look like ?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
ealinggreen":3o08ixt7 said:
Law looks like an even worse defender than the others.

he certainly could have closed down the Charlton guy who put over the cross for their second goal with a lot more conviction. He half turned his back and half lifted his leg. Charlton have 2 quick guys on their flanks something that Argyle should die to obtain themselves.

Sep 2, 2008
arrythewurzel":38uan6fz said:
What a pathetic halfarsed attempt to stop the cross coming in for their second. Jeez.

Agreed. Law has gone down in my estimation. He did the same thing earlier. MacLeod turns his back and flicks out a leg to defend a shot/cross as well. I wonder if that's something coached into them :think:

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Sidewinder":254uw8yt said:
Anyone else think that Camara has really gone off the boil in the second half of the season? He was immense before but is now much more anonymous.

Charlton showing how to be decisive in front of goal.

Frustrating.

He seems to have lost his way and his decision making is very slow. We look half asleep.

May 22, 2006
Argyle flatter to deceive. Six corners in the first 12 mins. Look desperate to work a shortly taken set piece but Charlton wonā€™t allow. End up lumping it in the box where we offer very little threat.

Charlton look far more threatening going forward. We will do well to get anything out of this.

To make matters worse we need Rochdale or Wigan to drop points. Both are winning. Sad to say but come on Blackpool and Shrews.