Argyle v Northampton match thread | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Northampton match thread

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Don't_Panic":1kyr4p4g said:
jerryatricjanner":1kyr4p4g said:
Not entirely convincing against a Northampton side that barely looked good enough to be in this division. Still, a win's a win and into the top 6 we go with just 1 defeat in our opening 6 games. Nouble very good again and Watts had his best game to date and seems to be settling in well.
Which shows the difference between a fan & manager. A few posts regrading Watts & Nouble in previous games sounded like some were giving up on them already, whereas some managers see something different & have much more patience thankfully.
Indeed it does. It is incredulous that a tiny minority even question Mayor's place in the team. RL has a good track record with his loanees so we should trust him.

Jun 27, 2019
GreenThing":2twsykqh said:
WoodsyGreen":2twsykqh said:
I would have been spitting nails if we hadn't won that. Northampton are absolute toilet and won't stay up on that evidence.

We need to find a way to convert more of our possession and attacking build-up play into actual chances. Not everyone will be as poor at the back as Burton and Northampton.

On the other side of the coin, better teams won’t flood the defence and we’ll have more space to create chances.

That's a good point, though we didn't really create much against Hull despite dominating in the second-half.

Oct 31, 2015
Need to win those games because there is stiffer opposition to come and we have done.

Well done to all good involved. Some tricky away games coming up but we can't complain at this start. Not losing and winning does breed confidence.

Big Frank is winning me over and Watts is starting to look like the player Newcastle rave about. Disappointed in Jeffers today but I can't criticise him.
Get in

:scarf:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I was v. pleased Watts won the game for us, but he had a pretty easy ride today as most of the opposition's attacking play went down their left flank. Watts did not need to contend with a tricky right winger.

Northampton's goal should never have been allowed to occur. There were 3 Argyle defenders shadowing 2 of their players all within a few square yards. I think they were half thinking of keeping a line to draw an offside decision, without getting a tackle in.

Nevertheless it a further 3 points in the bag. Let's move on to next week and hope Connor Grant is hot badly injured. Timmy Abrahams appears quite quick on his feet. Let's hope that if he plays he can use his speed to advantage.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":1zw6th3p said:
GreenThing":1zw6th3p said:
WoodsyGreen":1zw6th3p said:
I would have been spitting nails if we hadn't won that. Northampton are absolute toilet and won't stay up on that evidence.

We need to find a way to convert more of our possession and attacking build-up play into actual chances. Not everyone will be as poor at the back as Burton and Northampton.

On the other side of the coin, better teams won’t flood the defence and we’ll have more space to create chances.

That's a good point, though we didn't really create much against Hull despite dominating in the second-half.

Yet Hull didn’t manage to score against our relatively poor defence. Just goes to show that all team good and bad have something different to play against and there are no easy games.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
GreenThing":2bh1cpjk said:
NJgreen":2bh1cpjk said:
Decent commentary team.

Sean McCarthy is bleddy awful. Ball over the top straight to their keeper and he lambasts Nouble for being offside and wasting a ‘perfectly weighted’ ball. Not perfectly weighted if it goes straight to the keeper.
I agree with you about McCarthy but Rob McNicoll is a good commentator.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
davie nine":2zof47an said:
GreenThing":2zof47an said:
NJgreen":2zof47an said:
Decent commentary team.

Sean McCarthy is bleddy awful. Ball over the top straight to their keeper and he lambasts Nouble for being offside and wasting a ‘perfectly weighted’ ball. Not perfectly weighted if it goes straight to the keeper.
I agree with you about McCarthy but Rob McNicoll is a good commentator.

Agree about the main commentator. Let’s have Brian McGlinchy every Saturday.

Jan 27, 2012
Sean McCarthy is fine. McGlinchey and Gritton also good.

And with long career as a professional footballer McCarthy probably knows what he is talking about more than some of our PASOTI experts.

I do miss Sparks and Errington though- maybe they can do a one-off Christmas special !

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
oldage":2aeo7rd6 said:
Ottawa Green":2aeo7rd6 said:
sounds like Mayor is OK but Reeves coming on for Connor Grant
Good to see RL is on the same wavelength as me :whistle:

Were that true then I would be demanding a managerial change, heaven forefend. :twisted: