Argyle v Norwich U 21 match thread | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Norwich U 21 match thread

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
ealinggreen":h755gr47 said:
Randell the outstanding player. No one else really pushing for a 1st team start. Moore does not look fit, I know he missed some pre season with illness .

I'm not sure what game you watched but Law was outstanding.

Oct 5, 2013
The new keeper looked decent and made some good stops, but obviously having only just joined us couldn’t have any real idea of how to play Argyle’s system, and particularly how to distribute the ball. For me our performance all stemmed from that, with his kicking frequently putting us immediately back under pressure. Not his fault, but that’s why we didn’t play our system, in my opinion. Norwich should really have won by a couple more.

Mar 14, 2009
You can’t unfortunately play a high line with Sawyer in the team. Every time he was one on one with an attacker they just blew him away. Their second goal he just was blown away because he didn’t have the legs to cover the run. If he plays a serious number of games unfortunately l fear for Argyle defensively because that means the other defenders will have to be shockingly poor. I do hope though the injury isn’t too serve but from a playing perspective he just doesn’t have the pace to play CB if Argyle continue to play football with a high line.

Lots of positives though. Randell and Law. Lots of good build up. Just the wrong choice of pass or a poor execution of cross. Yet you feel they have potential to make the step up.

Was a very decent game of football. Unfortunately, Argyle had to work for their chances whilst Norwich got presented chances by very poor defending.

I’d say Norwich grew into the game. Argyle’s second half wasn’t quite as good as their first.

Nov 2, 2004
IJN":3qzuj50n said:
ealinggreen":3qzuj50n said:
Randell the outstanding player. No one else really pushing for a 1st team start. Moore does not look fit, I know he missed some pre season with illness .

Law did well but he was against a right back who would struggle against Parkway. Randell is a class act. We watched the same game but my opinion is different if thats ok with you.

peak 46

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 12, 2019
Bad points:

Camara was lost. Either passed it back or got dispossessed.
Canavan was back to his old self, I never thought I’d be glad to see Wootton back at centre half. Somebody needs to find the Byron Moore from last season. Joe Edwards looked far more effective at RWB on Saturday.
Ruddy is nowhere near League 1 standard even as a number 2.

Good points:

Ryan Law was superb, real maturity and awareness
Tomlinson was steady and looks like he has plenty of potential
Lolos did well in an unfamiliar role. Young lad looks like he has an attitude issue though.
We lost.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Excellent result. On our way to 5 group stage knockouts in 5 years.

Glad that the fringe players got some minutes under their belt and didn't over-exert themselves in this reserve fixture.

Aug 10, 2006
some nice football first half at least some of the younger players had a run out not sure about camara hopefully he will click bit of a ray wilkins player sideways.

Mar 14, 2009
I’m surprised about some of the comments regarding Camara. A couple of times he won the ball back in dangerous areas and set up some very good counter attacks just by his awareness.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Unfortunate to lose out to the odd goal in 5.

Played well for large parts of the game but lost our way after Norwich's 3rd and Gaz's worrying injury.
They were quick and direct in attack and highlighted our Achilles heel- lack of pace at the back.

Ratings;

Ruddy 6
Tomlinson 6
Canavan 7
Sawyer 6
Randell 8
Moore 6
Camara 7
Lolos 7
Law 7
Jephcott 6
Telford 6

Hardie 6
Edwards 6
Pursall 6

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
ealinggreen":7vovgx8o said:
IJN":7vovgx8o said:
ealinggreen":7vovgx8o said:

Law did well but he was against a right back who would struggle against Parkway. Randell is a class act. We watched the same game but my opinion is different if thats ok with you.

Yep, you are entitled to it, despite it being a daft one. :wave:

Law had one hell of a game.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Pleased to read that Ryan Law played well.

I remember the Manchester City Youth Cup game when he was outstanding. I think he had an injury for much of the following season and, like Jephcott, he did well on loan at Truro last season.

I hope that he is soon given a chance in League 1.

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Plymouth Argyle 2 Norwich U21 3: Player Ratings

Adam Randell: 6
Randell was class on the ball. The best player on the pitch today for me. Argyle looked so blunt when they tried to play through Norwich and only really posed a threat when pressing and counter-attacking. All apart of Randell. He was the only one who looked like he could break the team down from open play.

Ryan Law: 6
Law was by far the more dangerous wing-back, breaking inside from the wing and crossing dangerously. He assisted the second - albeit with a deflected cross - and he deserved that for his attacking efforts.

Read more > Argyle.Life

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Argyle life - Randell 6, Law 6 and Telford 7 but Randell man of match?

A typo I guess?

Law and Randell were surely the best Argyle performers?

Jan 27, 2012
The sooner Argyle are eliminated from this Mickey Mouse competition the better.

Hopefully the players treated it as a training session. There are far more important fixtures coming up thick and fast and Argyle need a fresh and fit squad.