Argyle v Norwich U 21 match thread | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Norwich U 21 match thread

Oct 5, 2013
IJN":2vq2dgc5 said:
ealinggreen":2vq2dgc5 said:
IJN":2vq2dgc5 said:
ealinggreen":2vq2dgc5 said:
Randell the outstanding player. No one else really pushing for a 1st team start. Moore does not look fit, I know he missed some pre season with illness .

I'm not sure what game you watched but Law was outstanding.

Law did well but he was against a right back who would struggle against Parkway. Randell is a class act. We watched the same game but my opinion is different if thats ok with you.

Yep, you are entitled to it, despite it being a daft one. :wave:

Law had one hell of a game.

Is anyone’s opinion ever really daft?

Feb 21, 2011
loyal1970":9f4cop91 said:
some nice football first half at least some of the younger players had a run out not sure about camara hopefully he will click bit of a ray wilkins player sideways.

They used to say that about Hourihane…...

Mar 8, 2016
We can Slate this competition all we like but it’s great to see our younger players playing. It gives them the experience they need and a platform to showcase what they can do. Having said that I thought it was against the competition rules to make so many changes? Teams have incurred a fine for doing so in the past.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Pleased to read that Law had a good game last night.

Everytime he played for Truro last season he shone brightly so it's encouraging that he's continuing on that upward trajectory!

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
NickSS":1y13eovx said:
Plymouth Argyle 2 Norwich U21 3: Player Ratings

Adam Randell: 6
Randell was class on the ball. The best player on the pitch today for me. Argyle looked so blunt when they tried to play through Norwich and only really posed a threat when pressing and counter-attacking. All apart of Randell. He was the only one who looked like he could break the team down from open play.

Ryan Law: 6
Law was by far the more dangerous wing-back, breaking inside from the wing and crossing dangerously. He assisted the second - albeit with a deflected cross - and he deserved that for his attacking efforts.

Read more > Argyle.Life

I think this is an incredibly harsh assessment of last night. Yes, defensively we were at sixes and sevens but that was not very different from Saturday. Both QPR and Norwich had pace and penetration in attack.
But in possession and going forward I thought we looked good, especially in the first half. On another day, those low final balls into the box would have resulted in another couple of goals for us.

Aug 5, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":zsuhyjqk said:
You can’t unfortunately play a high line with Sawyer in the team. Every time he was one on one with an attacker they just blew him away. Their second goal he just was blown away because he didn’t have the legs to cover the run. If he plays a serious number of games unfortunately l fear for Argyle defensively because that means the other defenders will have to be shockingly poor. I do hope though the injury isn’t too serve but from a playing perspective he just doesn’t have the pace to play CB if Argyle continue to play football with a high line.

It is the first competitive game of the season for Sawyer. He is not yet at full fitness.

Sep 25, 2010
I listened to the commentary last night, and I thought the commentary was excellent.

Conan Grant was the summariser , thought he was also excellent, with a great deal of knowledge.

Mar 14, 2009
Knibbsworth":1yniigoh said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1yniigoh said:
You can’t unfortunately play a high line with Sawyer in the team. Every time he was one on one with an attacker they just blew him away. Their second goal he just was blown away because he didn’t have the legs to cover the run. If he plays a serious number of games unfortunately l fear for Argyle defensively because that means the other defenders will have to be shockingly poor. I do hope though the injury isn’t too serve but from a playing perspective he just doesn’t have the pace to play CB if Argyle continue to play football with a high line.

It is the first competitive game of the season for Sawyer. He is not yet at full fitness.

It doesn’t matter if it’s his 1st, 10th or 35th. He isn’t going to be any quicker. He anticipated the pass. He just didn’t have the legs to cover the run. No point making excuses for something we have seen over the last few seasons.

This isn’t a reaction because of last night. Last night just confirmed he simply can’t cope against a quick forward.

Mar 21, 2006
Martyn":159z8y8f said:
I listened to the commentary last night, and I thought the commentary was excellent.

Conan Grant was the summariser , thought he was also excellent, with a great deal of knowledge.

The commentary drove me nuts - he just wouldn’t shut up. Not for one second. Being a commentator doesn’t mean you have to fill every second of air time. I turned the volume down in the end so I could barely hear him. Jeez.....