Artell. “We should have won that by a distance” | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Artell. “We should have won that by a distance”

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
up_the_line":3pe66ubo said:
He looks and acts a bit like a sitcom character.. Or Agelos Epethemiou from Shooting Stars

Good spot!

Well, Mr Artell: If ifs and buts were fruit and nuts we'd all have cake for Christmas. (Hmm, have I invented this version? If I do say so myself, it scans better than the alternatives.)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":1jxsp97a said:
Cobi Budge":1jxsp97a said:
I’ve watched the Crewe penalty shout back a few times. I might be in a minority but I don’t think it’s a foul. If you only view it once at full speed then yes, most would probably say penalty, but slow it down and watch it carefully. The forward flicks his leg back towards Fadz to initiate contact, he could have easily advanced but he chose to simulate enough contact to go down. Contact in the box isn’t always a penalty, particularly if initiated by the attacker. Well done referee.

Still haven’t seen a recording yet Cobi. Do you think the player should have got a yellow for simulation then?

It was shown on the Quest highlights show last night, I think you can watch it back on Dplay. With regards to a booking for simulation, that’s a grey area, it’s rare you see a ref issue a yellow when there was contact, which there was no doubt, but initiated by the forward. Lewis Alessandra used to win us a lot of penalties that way to be honest, by moving his legs/body into the oppositions to ‘simulate’ enough contact to go down, they weren’t fouls, not that I was complaining at the time as the ref would give them 9 times out of 10.

Aug 4, 2011
up_the_line":1b8kwukg said:
He looks and acts a bit like a sitcom character.. Or Agelos Epethemiou from Shooting Stars

Brilliant, was trying to think who he reminded me of :lol:

Jan 27, 2012
Crewe should have taken a point at least- it was a slightly fortunate win by Argyle.

McFadzean must have been relieved at the end as he almost handed them two goals.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":3dapkzxm said:
football-bet-data":3dapkzxm said:
up_the_line":3dapkzxm said:

Brilliant, was trying to think who he reminded me of :lol:

Or Louis Theroux. Maybe he was thinking, we just can’t get Theroux this Argyle defence! WAAAW

What does WAAAW mean?

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Google doesn't even have a valid definition, so go on then what do you think WAAAW means DGO.

Edit, all I can get from google are translations, nothing definitive.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Ok

WAWAW = We're All Wednesday Aren't We

so that mus mean

WAAAW = We're All Argyle Are't We

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Heathrow Green":30ii4blz said:
Ok

so that mus mean

Exactly! Amazingly, a supposed Wednesday supporter has copyrighted the phrase and the club are now having to mount a legal challenge to still be able to use it on scarves and other merchandise. You couldn’t make it up.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
Heathrow Green":2h4tkkps said:
Ok

so that mus mean

Well it was all Reading yesterday.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Bernie Bernbaum":15hmu1k3 said:
Heathrow Green":15hmu1k3 said:
Ok

so that mus mean

Well it was all Reading yesterday.

Yep. Having been top 3 at Christmas, Wednesday dropping like a stone and facing a points deduction too. Two senior players banished to the U23's. Argyle could be playing them next season.