Assessment of RLs season | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Assessment of RLs season

Mar 24, 2019
I agree with nobby...although I’m not completely convinced by Lowe yet , I’m fully behind him .
Certain posters were on his back before a ball was kicked ....the long delay before his appointment showed a lack of commitment apparently/ too media friendly/too many famous friends .
Although this season has been frustrating at times I’m fully behind the philosophy of trying to play football the right way which at times have been evident this year .
Lessons will have been learned and I expect to see some older heads ( especially in defence) next year .
I think Lowe deserves another summer and a good 10-15 games next year to prove he can move the club forward

Dec 16, 2004
Nobby":3pvlvwqz said:
djg145":3pvlvwqz said:
Nobby":3pvlvwqz said:
lyndhurst13":3pvlvwqz said:
There are lots of attributes a good leader/manager needs whether in sport, business, politics whatever.

Above all else he/she must be able to instill a level of commitment in their "troops" to give absolutely everything (100% plus if you like).

Can anyone here (Keith Whitfield?) actually say that they have ever seen that from our team this season. I certainly haven't.

Lowe/Schumacher got a Bury team, that were by far the most expensive team in League 2, promoted (and subsequently the club went bust due to overspending). We got promoted, not least, because the season ended at a very opportune time for us.

I have worked all over the world for some managers who could not get the extra percent out of me and also some managers who would get me out of the trenches for them. I see Lowe as a soft (everybody like me) sort of leader. As they say if he were chocolate he would eat himself.

I believe under Lowe, Camara has gone backwards, Opoka is lazy, Watts, Fornah and Lewis are error prone (no improvement), Jephcott hasn't progressed, Hardie is inconsistent, Macloed is rubbish (yet still playes), even Ennis (in the short time he has been here) seems to have slipped back and Danny Mayor is like a chef who cooks a brilliant meal and then ruins it by rubbish gravy/jus/sauce. Mayor has been like it all season and Lowe doesn't seem to know how to manage him to change (it's not Mayor's ability that's at fault it's how he's managed FFS).

Please tell me that, apart from his media presence, what attributes our manager has actually demonstrated.

I will say it again : "Emperor's new clothes"

Jephcott’s not improved under Lowe??? :crazy: He wasn’t even playing league football when Lowe got here and now he’s one of the top scorers in League One you monumental [Insult Removed by Site Admin].

Camara, Fornah, Lewis, Opoku allegedly haven’t progressed. So you watched them all last season to make that judgment did you?

Ennis has gone backwards? He scored 0 goals for Burton in 9 league games before Christmas and has scored 5 for us, so that’s obviously bollocks.

I wish posters like yourself and a number of others would just bugger off and go support someone else. Your toxic attitudes are a plague to this football club and frankly I am sick of it.

Oh dear, someone gives THEIR opinion on here and get a response like that. It is an opinion based website is it not? So everyone needs to see everything like you, never to have a different view then you! How sad it would be and very boring, if everyone agreed with your opinion.
Obviously you need to check your blood pressure and then RESPECT other people's opinions.
Right or Wrong in your opinion.

To say Jephcott has not improved under Lowe, Ennis has gone backwards... this is not opinion. It is just objectively wrong. It’s an agenda against the manager, is what it is. Just like quite a lot of posters who have appeared on this website over the past few months and have battered the manager and the players on repeat with no easing up. It is agenda-fuelled trolling, pure and simple. PASOTI has become a toxic cauldron of negativity and misery.

I don’t expect people to all agree with each other but PASOTI has slipped to the point where the actual football match has no relevance on the opinions people hold. I could write a Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd) thread before a ball is kicked it has become that predictable. And that post that I’ve called out above, albeit my ire not solely directed at the OP in their defence, is a case in point. It is full toxic nonsense used to beat the manager with a stick. The same goes for other posts about the managers family, his alleged commitment, the clamouring support for our previous manager, the jibes about his relationship with Danny Mayor, comments about his personality. Where does it stop?

We are in a global pandemic, in the most unique football season ever and our manager has not only got us promoted (undeservedly according to some), but then kept us in League One at the first time of asking. Yet he gets next to no credit for that, and just gets bashed week after week. If you need more evidence of that, take a look at the other thread on the main page - 'what is RL's greatest attribute'. It's just been train-wrecked by people bashing him.

What is the point of supporting a football club if you literally do anything but support it?

I will honour your post with one reply the I will leave it.

You have no idea what the extent of my support for PAFC is but I will just make 2 points I have supported them since 1963 and have contributed direct financial support when needed.

I do have a problem with RL and it is based on what I see of him and what I have learned about people over several decades fo life.

I will say no more about that other than my opinion is reinforced the more I see of him.

I am slightly conflicted as I respect SH enormously and his trust in RL seems undiminished, so it's highly probable that SH is right and I am wrong. If so, then great news for Argyle and I will be delighted that I got it wrong.

Calling me a monumental whatever is of no consequence and I would, respectfully, suggest that it is rather juvenile.

Let's see how things pan out over time.

Jul 12, 2016
lyndhurst13":21yl0fyz said:
There are lots of attributes a good leader/manager needs whether in sport, business, politics whatever.

Above all else he/she must be able to instill a level of commitment in their "troops" to give absolutely everything (100% plus if you like).

Can anyone here (Keith Whitfield?) actually say that they have ever seen that from our team this season. I certainly haven't.

Lowe/Schumacher got a Bury team, that were by far the most expensive team in League 2, promoted (and subsequently the club went bust due to overspending). We got promoted, not least, because the season ended at a very opportune time for us.

I have worked all over the world for some managers who could not get the extra percent out of me and also some managers who would get me out of the trenches for them. I see Lowe as a soft (everybody like me) sort of leader. As they say if he were chocolate he would eat himself.

I believe under Lowe, Camara has gone backwards, Opoka is lazy, Watts, Fornah and Lewis are error prone (no improvement), Jephcott hasn't progressed, Hardie is inconsistent, Macloed is rubbish (yet still playes), even Ennis (in the short time he has been here) seems to have slipped back and Danny Mayor is like a chef who cooks a brilliant meal and then ruins it by rubbish gravy/jus/sauce. Mayor has been like it all season and Lowe doesn't seem to know how to manage him to change (it's not Mayor's ability that's at fault it's how he's managed FFS).

Please tell me that, apart from his media presence, what attributes our manager has actually demonstrated.

Spot on.Couldn't have put it better myself.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
lyndhurst13":2fd1yj83 said:
Nobby":2fd1yj83 said:
djg145":2fd1yj83 said:
Nobby":2fd1yj83 said:
lyndhurst13":2fd1yj83 said:

Jephcott’s not improved under Lowe??? :crazy: He wasn’t even playing league football when Lowe got here and now he’s one of the top scorers in League One you monumental [Insult Removed by Site Admin].

Camara, Fornah, Lewis, Opoku allegedly haven’t progressed. So you watched them all last season to make that judgment did you?

Ennis has gone backwards? He scored 0 goals for Burton in 9 league games before Christmas and has scored 5 for us, so that’s obviously bollocks.

I wish posters like yourself and a number of others would just bugger off and go support someone else. Your toxic attitudes are a plague to this football club and frankly I am sick of it.

Oh dear, someone gives THEIR opinion on here and get a response like that. It is an opinion based website is it not? So everyone needs to see everything like you, never to have a different view then you! How sad it would be and very boring, if everyone agreed with your opinion.
Obviously you need to check your blood pressure and then RESPECT other people's opinions.
Right or Wrong in your opinion.

To say Jephcott has not improved under Lowe, Ennis has gone backwards... this is not opinion. It is just objectively wrong. It’s an agenda against the manager, is what it is. Just like quite a lot of posters who have appeared on this website over the past few months and have battered the manager and the players on repeat with no easing up. It is agenda-fuelled trolling, pure and simple. PASOTI has become a toxic cauldron of negativity and misery.

I don’t expect people to all agree with each other but PASOTI has slipped to the point where the actual football match has no relevance on the opinions people hold. I could write a Brief Synopsis (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd) (Sponsored by Bromleigh House Ltd) thread before a ball is kicked it has become that predictable. And that post that I’ve called out above, albeit my ire not solely directed at the OP in their defence, is a case in point. It is full toxic nonsense used to beat the manager with a stick. The same goes for other posts about the managers family, his alleged commitment, the clamouring support for our previous manager, the jibes about his relationship with Danny Mayor, comments about his personality. Where does it stop?

We are in a global pandemic, in the most unique football season ever and our manager has not only got us promoted (undeservedly according to some), but then kept us in League One at the first time of asking. Yet he gets next to no credit for that, and just gets bashed week after week. If you need more evidence of that, take a look at the other thread on the main page - 'what is RL's greatest attribute'. It's just been train-wrecked by people bashing him.

What is the point of supporting a football club if you literally do anything but support it?

I will honour your post with one reply the I will leave it.

You have no idea what the extent of my support for PAFC is but I will just make 2 points I have supported them since 1963 and have contributed direct financial support when needed.

I do have a problem with RL and it is based on what I see of him and what I have learned about people over several decades fo life.

I will say no more about that other than my opinion is reinforced the more I see of him.

I am slightly conflicted as I respect SH enormously and his trust in RL seems undiminished, so it's highly probable that SH is right and I am wrong. If so, then great news for Argyle and I will be delighted that I got it wrong.

Calling me a monumental whatever is of no consequence and I would, respectfully, suggest that it is rather juvenile.

Let's see how things pan out over time.

Granted, it was juvenile on my part, so I do apologise for that. Respectfully, I disagree with the rest of your original post. As i've said in my further post and should have made clearer, yours was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Feb 8, 2005
I am presuming that we will still be in league 1 next season, cannot see why not, then this will have been a successful season for us. Just look at the other teams that were promoted with us, so yes, it is a success. It will soon be over and we can plan for next season.

Covid has shortened this season and I am absolutely sure that fatigue has taken its toll on some of the players that have been playing Sat Tue Sat Tue Sat Tue when it has been required. Yes,I know it is the same for both teams, but Lowe has not been so squad orientated, and has only replaced players when 1) they get injured 2) they lose form 3) they get carded 4) they get replaced three quarters through the game 5) they make a large error in the previous game.

Aimson is the player that stands out. He has played more than his fair share of games, but only because he cannot be replaced, like for like, except with inexperienced youngsters. He has played well under the circumstances and his recent injury may have been a result of playing too many games in too short a time.

The season has been shortened and no time has been given to the players or staff to try to remedy failings, so it happens again and again.

My biggest beef is the fact that Lowe has put most of his faith in youth, and has not counteracted that with experience.

I suspect that is because his short managerial experience has shown him that the young will listen and learn, and maybe the more experienced will not be so pliable in his requirements.

This has left us with a lack of leadership, as has already been noted by others (including Lowe himself), a lack of physicality, and a lack of players wanting to be leaders on the field of play.

Unless they are exceptional talents, you do not win anything with kids, but they are cheap, they listen and try to learn, but are not as effective as they should be.
Physicality and being bundled off the ball, as per the Fleetwood game, has shown up their inadequacies and they are trying to play their under 21/under 23 football in the mens game and it doesn't work.

The good thing is that Lowe, and his backroom staff, will have identified the teams failings, and will be able to try to rectify the situation before next season. Lowe has a steep learning curve, but he has his backroom staff to help, and we all hope he is a fast learner. He has already alluded to not having leaders on the pitch. Hopefully the team will be up and running before the season starts, and any loanees that we get late will not become part of the spine of the team.

I also hope that Hallett will be able to release sufficient money, not only from season ticket sales, and profit from the Tom Jones show in Central Park, but from anticipated profits from the grandstand, which will be dependent wholly on how Covid reacts in the future and whether we will still be wearing masks and safe distancing next winter, which I fear may well be the case.

P

Paranoid Android

I've tried to give some constructive views on why things have ebbed away the second half of this season, and made a few constructive observations about Ryan's lack of experience managerially and tactically. He's still very raw in managerial terms, he's up against seasoned managers in this league, some who have been around more than two decades. Ryan has been in management for less than 3 seasons, including this strange exceptional one. I am still behind him and his team, his philosophy is refreshing, even if he doesn't quite have the team to bring it to life yet.

One of the common criticisms he faced was inflexibility, which I think for me he's shown to have learned from. Goin to 4 at the back was a significant moment in his short managerial career, so he is taking things in, and looks to have gone to 4 at the back for today's game too.

I'm with other reasonable voices here, let's see how much Ryan is learning on the job, with his recruitment for next season and see where we are mid season. That should be a reasonable indicator if we are heading in the right direction.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
C

Objective complete but absolutely no enjoyment getting there. In fact it steadily got more frustrating the longer it went on.

We need an internal review and a way forward for next season.