Away team goal celebrations | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Away team goal celebrations

ping g5

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 20, 2005
simple solution is to give the goal scoring team an allotted time to celebrate and get back in position... 1min or 90 seconds. If they're still hugging each other in the other team's half when the time is up, tough mammaries... play on.

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
I thought the celebrations for their 3rd goal were even better!
Hope the 2 or 3 fans who joined their players on the pitch enjoy their 3 year bans from football. :wave:

Oct 14, 2015
Football fans make me chuckle..spend the whole game giving out vile verbal abuse to certain players accompanied with the hand gestures yet should that player score and give a bit back the fans go mental..

Didnā€™t our own manager reacted to some taunts by BRFC fans last season to some abuse he was getting when we scored late on to win..?

Not saying itā€™s right for players or managers to show that kind of reaction but If you canā€™t take it donā€™t give it

Jul 14, 2008
I donā€™t have a problem with opposing teams celebrations. What is starting to get on my nerves more and more (and Argyle do it too) is the amount of time wasting that takes place as soon as a team takes the lead. Slowing the game down at every opportunity, sneakily kicking the ball away when free kicks are awarded, taking forever over throw ins, going down ā€˜injuredā€™ etc etc. Itā€™s infuriating to watch when youā€™ve paid good money to watch 90 mins of football. Referees at this level are too weak to either prevent it or add sufficient injury time at the end of the match to make up for it.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Its another time wasting tactic that all teams use TBH.

Time keeping should now be taken away from the referees as they never allow enough.
TBH I'd rather there be a running clock that is stopped everytime the ball is out of play and the "in game" time reduced to say 75 mins.
We would see a lot more football on the pitch and these antics would not matter in the slightest

C

Cult Of Personality

I actually think it can work against the team. Last year Lyle Taylor did it to the fans and both the fans and the argyle team got back into the game and it helped argyle go onto win.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
samjones":ibe32051 said:

Time keeping should now be taken away from the referees as they never allow enough.
TBH I'd rather there be a running clock that is stopped everytime the ball is out of play and the "in game" time reduced to say 75 mins.
We would see a lot more football on the pitch and these antics would not matter in the slightest

It would have to come down to something more like 60 minutes of actual play or everyone will be missing their buses.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Lundan Cabbie":2qq7e7eg said:
samjones":2qq7e7eg said:

It would have to come down to something more like 60 minutes of actual play or everyone will be missing their buses.

Yeah I did see a stat quoted somewhere where the "in play time" was ridiculously low like 40 mins for the entire 90 min game ????
Does make you feel cheated in terms of entertainment value.

Clearly if a figure was to be set officially research would have to be done to assess a reasonable time from past averages and not based on the time of buses leaving lol

Larry David

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
It's time wasting that's really annoying. Every time a free kick is awarded the opposition either kick the ball away or stand in front of the taker to stop a quick free kick and referees do nothing at all. It's absolutely in their power to book the player yet they choose to ignore it every time.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Larry David":22vncg16 said:
It's time wasting that's really annoying. Every time a free kick is awarded the opposition either kick the ball away or stand in front of the taker to stop a quick free kick and referees do nothing at all. It's absolutely in their power to book the player yet they choose to ignore it every time.

On Saturday we got a free kick in the centre circle, an Argyle player knocked the ball back to another Argyle player to take the kick. One of their players sprinted five yards to his left, picked the ball up and carried it away from the correct position. How can the referee see that and ignore it?? :crazy: :think: :crazy:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
PAFC123":o01w1936 said:
Did you care when matty Kennedy did the knee slide in front of the exeter fans two years ago?

Absolutely loved it. People need to stop taking themselves so seriously.

May 1, 2011
Welwyn Pilgrim":3dkmuqlf said:
Football fans make me chuckle..spend the whole game giving out vile verbal abuse to certain players accompanied with the hand gestures yet should that player score and give a bit back the fans go mental..

Didnā€™t our own manager reacted to some taunts by BRFC fans last season to some abuse he was getting when we scored late on to win..?

Not saying itā€™s right for players or managers to show that kind of reaction but If you canā€™t take it donā€™t give it

Exactly, this fake moral outrage is pathetic.

Aug 2, 2011
Sadly football has become a game of cheatball. Diving, feigning injury, time wasting, abusing refs, switching sides for goal kicks, maximising time taken for substitutions, deliberately trying to gain yardage at throw ins etcetc etc.

All teams do it even believe it or not Argyle. Until such time as the respective governing bodies decide to do something about it it will remain endemic withon the game. It can be readily solved but one suspects the powers that be are more interested in carving out their own slice from the money trough nothing will happen.

Apr 5, 2008
Away team players get so much stick from home fans in all games in all the leagues,so you canā€™t blame them if they give it back a bit when they score a goal.

All part of the game,if you canā€™t take it then donā€™t dish it out.

Apr 9, 2011
Solution is simple. Do what rugby have done for years they never seem to have problems working out added time. Or are their officials more intelligent!!