Away team goal celebrations | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Away team goal celebrations

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
The best goal celebration I've seen was when we were in the Championsship. Reading had a really classy midfield player - whose name escapes me ....Graham somebody (it will come to me soon ). Anyway he scored a fabulous goal from not far in from the touchline by chipping Larrieu perfectly - then he simply turned to look at the Lyndy and slowly did a really theatrical low bow. Obviously I hate the opposition scoring against us but the goal and then the 'celebration' was pure class. It was the only time I've ever clapped anybody scoring against us.

Aug 4, 2011
If you think it’s bad in England go and watch a game in Portugal, lower French leagues or in Italy. Very little added time, a lot more running down the clock.
If you don’t like it nobody is forcing you to go, and if rugby is so much better there is always that alternative.

It evens itself out, the sad reality is that home Park doesn’t put pressure on the refs to stamp it out like they used too.
I remember QPR on Boxing Day, their manager (might even have been Holloway) said that the home crowd intimidated the ref into given his team a red card. The officials, away dug out, and opposition players generally get an easy time at home Park these days. Home advantage has all but been wiped out

Aug 27, 2016
Just seeking other opinions on this topic.Do we not think that the antics and time wasting in goal celebrations is getting out of hand.Referees seem to have little influence on getting the celebrating teams back to the centre circle to restart the game.Tho official might or might not add on time at the end of the game.Unfortunately due to our very poor goals against we are seeing an awful lot of this ourselves.

Oct 14, 2015
Part of the game, I love celebrating an Argyle goal,Portsmouth in the play off semi for example. Take that part away and your left with very little to get to excited about. All teams do it so its up to the officials to police it.

Because we are leaking lots of goals at the moment you want to stop other teams celebrating when they score against us?