Back to the Lyndhurst | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Back to the Lyndhurst

Dec 3, 2005
Pogleswoody":2v8a4kzm said:
metroace":2v8a4kzm said:
Like all modern stadium seat, when you stand up, the seat flips.

So Biggs, as am I, is wondering why these new seats are 'worse' than the old seats?
Why have people said (repeatedly) that the seats don't lift up if they flip up?

What the flip (lift)?? :think:

They 100% flip up - the problem with them is that the back of the seat is angled backwards and also as a sharp edge to the top of the back - which can cut into peoples knees - especially if the person in front pushes back in their seat.

The old wooden seats - the back was straight up and not sharp, so giving that bit extra.

Thankfully I am only 5ft 8in but many many supporters are much bigger.

If I knew how to upload a picture here I could show you.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I mentioned this a few weeks ago, can it work? .....

Is there scope to tilt the top of the back of the seat forward half an inch or so to give more knee room to the person sitting behind?
In the photo from the other thread the two bolts at the bottom of the upright back rest would stay in position but a flat bracket with two holes fitted on each side at the top of the backrest, one hole for the bolt on the galvi stanchion and one hole to move the top of the backrest forward.
I suppose it all depends on how comfortable it is for the person sitting more upright with the top of the backrest titled forward slightly.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That looks like the answer to me.

Though hopefully it's just a case of going around and adjusting the tilt, and not that the tilt is integral to the design of the seats and can't be easily changed.

Edit... think Ian has already covered that with his solution, didn't read properly!

Aug 8, 2013
I think if the seat backs had a similar design to those in the horseshoe, the problem
might be alleviated. The back bulges in the centre so that the sides (coinciding with the
knees of the person behind) are a couple of inches farther forward, providing more space.

Must admit I was a bit sceptical of the moans and groans about lack of leg room in the new stand, so I tested it for myself for the first time yesterday. The view from the third row front of the upper tier is just brilliant, but was it worth the pain? I’m only an average 5’11”, but I had to sit with my legs apart, which still got crushed by the bloke in front each time he leaned back on the very flexible seats. I then had to pivot my body according to the direction of play, which was very uncomfortable. Back to the Lyndhurst I think.

Edit. Aah. Thank you mods.