Barca vs Inter | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Barca vs Inter

A

Andy_Lannie

I have to differ.
A really good game of football consider the ref was a little one sided.

Inter did the only thing they could, keep Barca out and they did it.
What else could you expect.

You forget the first game where Barca were out played.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Andy_Lannie":3t3i8ayy said:
I have to differ.
A really good game of football consider the ref was a little one sided.

Inter did the only thing they could, keep Barca out and they did it.
What else could you expect.

You forget the first game where Barca were out played.

Absolutely Andy. The best team over the tie deservedly won. Barca were out-thought and out-fought. An object lesson in mental toughness over coming more talented but flaky opponents.

Feb 23, 2009
Clarke_B":2y8z0cl9 said:
Inter Milan have a team full of divers so don't show too much for sympathy for them. Motta was already on a yellow card so he should have been more careful.

What do you expect from a Jose team. Ask Celtic about Porto .

M

MylesPAFC

Whelan11":hn92zyin said:
Handball yes.

16 shots to 0, funny :)

They had 1 shot didn't they, that awfully struck free kick in the second half :)

Sep 13, 2003
IJN":1yis27x5 said:
Italians and Spaniards diving and cheating, hard to believe isn't it? :)

Italians? Not one Italian was on the pitch!

Spaniards? Xavi...how many other Spanish players..Jeffren and Bojan?

Jan 12, 2006
Plymouth
Clarke_B":avvun01n said:
IJN":avvun01n said:

Xavi, Pique, Valdes, Bojan, Jeffren, Pedro, Busquets with Puyol and Iniesta out.

12 months ago the ref gave Barca everything in the semis whereas this year nothing, it evens itself out.

Sep 13, 2003
Alex0paul":2uokso86 said:
Clarke_B":2uokso86 said:
IJN":2uokso86 said:

Xavi, Pique, Valdes, Bojan, Jeffren, Pedro, Busquets with Puyol and Iniesta out.

12 months ago the ref gave Barca everything in the semis whereas this year nothing, it evens itself out.

I was talking about the players that played......forgot about Pedro and Busquets but Bojan (Serbia) and Jeffren (Venezuela) are players who probably had Tony Cascarino as an agent.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Clarke_B":gd4sl4q9 said:
Alex0paul":gd4sl4q9 said:
Clarke_B":gd4sl4q9 said:
IJN":gd4sl4q9 said:

I was talking about the players that played......forgot about Pedro and Busquets but Bojan (Serbia) and Jeffren (Venezuela) are players who probably had Tony Cascarino as an agent.

In fairness, Bojan was born and raised in Spain (never living anywhere else) and Jeffren has been in Spain since the age of one.

May 2, 2007
seaton
For all the skill and pace in the modern game I found watching Inter's defencive play captivating last night. At times watching that white line of defenders moving up and dropping back as unit was a beautiful to watch as anything Messi and Co have served up in the last few years.

Mourinho sent his team our to play a certain way and the players did it. Amazing teamwork in a era when individuals aways seem to be the stars.

But as football fans if Inter became the new Barca (as in winning trophies etc) would we be happy to watch or would we start crying out for the indivadual flair players like Messi and Ronaldo to take over the game again??

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Alex0paul":35vwfqco said:

How do you figure the ref gave Barca nothing? A stupid sending-off that could and should have ended any chance for Inter. Yes, it was stupid to flick an arm out like that but he barely tickled the Barca palyerā€™s chin but the ref zealously applied the letter of the law (although the above /below neck level was still debatable) ā€“ in the same way he zealously applied the letter when the ball hit the Barca playerā€™s hand that led to them ā€˜scoringā€™ just before the end. He also booked about three other Inter players and gave Barca numerous free kicks, corners they didnā€™t deserve often in very dangerous positions. They can have no complaints about the ref who was poor for both teams but better than many others weā€™ve seen (and a positive role model compared to some of the morons we get at HP).

A

Anonymous

I didn't watch it but it was on ITV so I guess the commentator was Clive Tyledsley, did he fawn and praise Barca and Messi at every opportunity? :)

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Not really because Inter ā€˜did a jobā€™ on Messi so he went for the fawning over Mourinho instead. To be fair he did come out with the odd good lineā€¦.. ā€œitā€™s Jose Mourinho versus the whole world ā€“ and thatā€™s just the fixture he relishes most!ā€ ā€¦ā€¦.Genius!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

PL2 3DQ":pk3ykd8l said:
I didn't watch it but it was on ITV so I guess the commentator was Clive Tyledsley, did he fawn and praise Barca and Messi at every opportunity? :)

Yes, and a mention of Manchester United at every possible opportunity.

Actually, I was quite surprised he didn't bring up the topic of the 1999 Champions League Final. :roll:

Dec 2, 2005
London
thescreen.png