Best opposition players this season | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best opposition players this season

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Rovers Hanlon looked decent to me.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I thought Bristol Rovers' Hanlan looked quite useful.

I'd have thought looking at the best players in League 2 would be a better recruitment option given them most of the best players in League 1 would probably be in contract and would require a considerable transfer fee.

I think also our new recruitment strategy is to buy promising players at a younger age so they have sell on potential... Ennis, Hardie and George Cooper to name 3 an hopefully we'll attempt to sing maybe 1 or 2 of our current loanees if they become available. I'm hoping Opoku falls into that bracket and we trey to sign him in the summer. It's interesting that Fulham haven't even mentioned that Opoku had the offer of an international call up from Ghana, so I'm hoping that it's PAFC that are showing interest in that call up and comments from Ryan Lowe on his achievement as a way to secure to entice him to Home Park permanently in the summer.

Nov 25, 2011
JannerinCardiff":7zms03sw said:

I'd have thought looking at the best players in League 2 would be a better recruitment option given them most of the best players in League 1 would probably be in contract and would require a considerable transfer fee.

I think also our new recruitment strategy is to buy promising players at a younger age so they have sell on potential... Ennis, Hardie to name 2 an hopefully we'll attempt to sing maybe 1 or 2 of our current loanees if they become available. I'm hoping Opoku falls into that bracket and we trey to sign him in the summer.

OK, so your comment got me thinking about League 2. Of curse I haven't seen much of that league this season, so I looked at this website. As well as promising young players, Pasoti contributors keep demanding a leader and/or experienced DMF player. So, which of these players then?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league- ... bewerb/GB4

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
keithobro":1vtp92b9 said:
Would the Oxford cb be Moore or Atkinson?

It has got to be Moore for me as he is in his early 20's. Whilst I liked Atkinson he is aged 33 and his age profile would be wrong.
Moore is contracted until 31.07.22.

Apr 1, 2009
keithobro":3gbsfj1p said:
JannerinCardiff":3gbsfj1p said:

I think also our new recruitment strategy is to buy promising players at a younger age so they have sell on potential... Ennis, Hardie to name 2 an hopefully we'll attempt to sing maybe 1 or 2 of our current loanees if they become available. I'm hoping Opoku falls into that bracket and we trey to sign him in the summer.

OK, so your comment got me thinking about League 2. Of curse I haven't seen much of that league this season, so I looked at this website. As well as promising young players, Pasoti contributors keep demanding a leader and/or experienced DMF player. So, which of these players then?

If you want an experienced leader, then I'm not sure L2 is the place to recruit. I'd rather someone freed by a Championship club who's still got 2-3 yrs in them.

It's very difficult to take the linked site seriously when the estimated values are so bizarre. Any number of examples, but is anyone likely to pay £225k for Frank Nouble?

I don't really understand that transfer site either. Had a look at the Argyle players and half don't even have a valuation.

I'd think recruiting from League 1 might be difficult. The better players will be under contract or offered a new deal. You might get players from Bristol Rovers if they were relegated, as it's also less of a move geographically. If looking at League 2, if Exeter have their usual play-off collapse, they have a few youngsters who look decent, although they might aspire to follow Ampadu or Watkins and jump into the top 2 divisions. Other centre half I like in that division is Will Smith at Harrogate Town. Solid defender and has an eye for goal too.

MK Dons jump up the table has been thanks to getting Cameron Jerome in on a free, so I was looking at English players overseas in case they wanted to return. Craig Noone and Matt Derbyshire are both in the A-League, or Peter Hartley's playing in India...

https://uk.soccerway.com/players/player ... d/england/

M

Nov 2, 2004
Quintrell_Green":1ffimg1p said:
keithobro":1ffimg1p said:
Would the Oxford cb be Moore or Atkinson?

It has got to be Moore for me as he is in his early 20's. Whilst I liked Atkinson he is aged 33 and his age profile would be wrong.
Moore is contracted until 31.07.22.

It was the very tall blond lad for me, looking online that is Atkinson he is only 22yrs and this is his first real pro season. The other centre back was also very good.

Nov 25, 2011
xmastree":kinuzbiu said:
keithobro":kinuzbiu said:
JannerinCardiff":kinuzbiu said:

If you want an experienced leader, then I'm not sure L2 is the place to recruit. I'd rather someone freed by a Championship club who's still got 2-3 yrs in them.

It's very difficult to take the linked site seriously when the estimated values are so bizarre. Any number of examples, but is anyone likely to pay £225k for Frank Nouble?

On closer inspection, that website is shi*e after all. I was just looking for somewhere that reflected ratings in League 2, having not watched any of it this season - thank heavens!

Aug 5, 2016
Harry Darling for MK Dons looks like he will end up playing at a very decent level. I'd say he is probably the best footballing CB we have faced this season. At 21 he has huge potential.

I thought Curtis Tilt had a very good game for Wigan as well and played a massive part in their clean sheet. Our strikers just couldn't seem to get past him.

Nov 25, 2011
I started a very similar thread this morning!

Anyway, I've come up with:
Honeyman (Hull); Hanlan & Kilgour (Bristol R); Darling, Sorinola & Jerome (MK Dons); Nsiala & Dozzell (Ipswich); Tilt & Massey (Wigan) and the Peterborough pair of Clark-Harris & Dembélé.