Big News (grandstand season tickets) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Big News (grandstand season tickets)

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
We will bring much needed wisdom with us next season, listen watch and learn you may never get the chance again.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Funny. I genuinely moved to the Old Grandstand because of the incessant moaning from the Lyndhurst. Can honestly say I have never heard anyone moaning since---also the crowd there is mixed in both age and gender.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Old Gunner":14kqjfbd said:
Funny. I genuinely moved to the Old Grandstand because of the incessant moaning from the Lyndhurst. Can honestly say I have never heard anyone moaning since---also the crowd there is mixed in both age and gender.

What he said.

Plus the view is the best in the ground by a mile :D

Dec 11, 2006
Plymouth
Have to say that this thread has been one of the funniest ones on Pasoti for years, typical Janner humour, may not be PC at times but a bleddy good laugh all the same.

Oct 16, 2016
elburtontrev":1r795bvx said:
This might be classed as a bit of 'bants' BUT a lot of what you've said is grossly inappropriate and unnecessary.
These people are the core of our club and should be looked after, it's going to be a HUGE change for all.....Hopefully fellow supporters won't be so narrow minded as yourself, the club are going to have to manage the situation sensitivity.

Was purely done in jest, tbf a great proportion of those who grace that area (Grandstand) have been the core of the club for decades and will be a breath of fresh air when taking their place for that short amount of time elsewhere

Aug 8, 2014
Agreed but it also raises a bigger picture, some not all of the early leavers are older supporters who are worried about the steep steps as they are not as mobile......it's going to be a delicate situation going forward

Oct 16, 2016
Without doubt, it’s clear that those that may be infirm will have to sit at lower levels and elsewhere the cover (weather) isn’t as viable as it is in the MS.

Huge issue the club has to manage

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Shankster":1gfrkgx4 said:
Without doubt, it’s clear that those that may be infirm will have to sit at lower levels and elsewhere the cover (weather) isn’t as viable as it is in the MS.

Huge issue the club has to manage

What happened at Anfield when they redeveloped the Centenary Stand? How long did that take and were fans displaced?

Oct 16, 2016
The Kenny D as it is now and Kemlyn prior again....it’s an odd one because the Kop wasn’t closed until 94 and was still standing. If you think that there were 16k+ in the Kop the impact was minimal. The mainstand just two seasons ago was a huge issue but they programme it so that there is much Inman disruption

I.e huge penalties in the PC (principal contractor) over-running on programme. Partial closures and staged refurbishment that runs over the summer with the biggest closure carried out during that period (all the main ‘maninstand’ demolition was done during the closed season.

I forgot to add....there was disruption to the initial match scheduling that saw the Reds play a good number of early season games away from home

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Bryan":t258njs9 said:
Block 15 now available for Mayflower migrants.....

You see what a bit of lobbying does? :lol:

Seriously though, you've got the Grandstanders traipsing up on a freezing Monday and picking over the bones of blocks 1-14, then the next day Argyle open up a whole block purely for them! :lol:

The cynic in me (yes I can be at times) says that they've had 'interesting' feedback from the Grandstanders, and now miraculously they're able to offer a whole new block 48hrs later.

Red tape? Yeah right. :silent:

Jul 29, 2010
The Grumpy Loyal":1gpv0dbo said:
Bryan":1gpv0dbo said:
Block 15 now available for Mayflower migrants.....

You see what a bit of lobbying does? :lol:

Seriously though, you've got the Grandstanders traipsing up on a freezing Monday and picking over the bones of blocks 1-14, then the next day Argyle open up a whole block purely for them! :lol:

The cynic in me (yes I can be at times) says that they've had 'interesting' feedback from the Grandstanders, and now miraculously they're able to offer a whole new block 48hrs later.

Red tape? Yeah right. :silent:
So now I've got to go back and do it all again FFS!
We really are tinpot club at times grrr.

Aug 8, 2014
A bit of common sense, but it's always an after though......Hopefully we'll get the right result for all but I'm sure not everyone will be satisfied.....Unfortunately!

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
There are many from the Grandstand who will find the lack of handrails to hold on to will be a major problem, whichever Block they sit in. Jest all you like but one day it may be your problem.

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
pilgrimB173":343ihqk5 said:
There are many from the Grandstand who will find the lack of handrails to hold on to will be a major problem, whichever Block they sit in. Jest all you like but one day it may be your problem.
An excellent point. Getting high up on the other side will be a problem for quite a few and while this opinion may be derided by some, as the OP said, anyone poking fun may find themselves in a similar position one day.