Blackpool matchday thread | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackpool matchday thread

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
A good win!

We were very penned in first half, Blackpool will be thereabouts at the top end of the table come the end of the season! So a good result.

Second half we were better and when Camara came on he freed up the midfield and we looked better. Mayor was good in places and Nouble tried his best. Hopefully things will improve for him as the games come thick and fast.

2 wins out of 3 competitive games won. Long may that continue.

Jul 14, 2008
Quintrell_Green":3k9jr8p7 said:
I think Blackpool will head up the M5 thinking they have been robbed today. They were far the better team but we need to give credit to Wooton & Co plus young Mike Cooper for keeping them out. Three points are prisoners but I hope Argyle play better at Leyton Orient
They absolutely weren’t robbed - they just weren’t good enough to take their chances in the first half

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Herts_Green":vogd9ncu said:
Quintrell_Green":vogd9ncu said:
I think Blackpool will head up the M5 thinking they have been robbed today. They were far the better team but we need to give credit to Wooton & Co plus young Mike Cooper for keeping them out. Three points are prisoners but I hope Argyle play better at Leyton Orient
They absolutely weren’t robbed - they just weren’t good enough to take their chances in the first half

Absolutely ... imagine the posts on here if Aimson had been robbed on the edge of his own box, dwelling on the ball, failing to control it whilst their defender (Eggandpotatoes?) controlled the ball and crossed for their striker to score?
The insults would be flying! :facepalm:

As it was, we (Aimson and Jephers) did it to them. So they lost .. purely on merit!! :scarf:

Feb 15, 2005
X Isle":117sg6j7 said:
Biggs":117sg6j7 said:
I assume Nouble is implied here.

Poor game but he’s clearly trying and hopefully just an off day.

Whilst true, he will of course always be handicapped by 'Rory Fallon' syndrome.

There to do a specific team job but despite being appreciated by the gaffer and his team mates he'll get dogs abuse from the 'experts' because it doesn't fit their limited and one dimensional mindset of what a forward is supposed to do.

I predict he'll always get picked when fit yet the 'experts' will never be able to fathom why.

Great result well done lads.

Never let an opportunity pass to get the cart horse in a thread will you.

Sep 6, 2006
X Isle":1bnqlyiw said:
Biggs":1bnqlyiw said:
I assume Nouble is implied here.

Poor game but he’s clearly trying and hopefully just an off day.

Whilst true, he will of course always be handicapped by 'Rory Fallon' syndrome.

There to do a specific team job but despite being appreciated by the gaffer and his team mates he'll get dogs abuse from the 'experts' because it doesn't fit their limited and one dimensional mindset of what a forward is supposed to do.

I predict he'll always get picked when fit yet the 'experts' will never be able to fathom why.

Great result well done lads.

So as you know better than the rest of us perhaps you can tell us the 'job' he did today. I thought we were under the cosh at times because he was completely incapable of holding the ball up.

Nov 3, 2006
TangerineAde":3473u2n7 said:
Fair play you lot. Well done. You put the ball in the back of the net. We didn’t. That’s what it’s all about. We move on.

A refreshing approach to the game, TangerineAde. Too many people try to over-analyse football.

As you touch upon, It's simple game really.

May 26, 2015
Great result.Makes me so happy.

But, please give big Frank a break. Criticism unfair and way over the top.Got a feeling that Frank will be a massive player for us this season. Perfect partner to Hardie. This is the third division after all and it is full of hard men.We need big Frank.

Excellent performances from Cooper and Aimson. Panutche clearly made a big difference; I have very high hopes for this young lad.

Well done to all!