Bolton match day thread | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bolton match day thread

Sep 25, 2010
Balham_Green":3i70oy28 said:
Martyn":3i70oy28 said:
Steve Evans":3i70oy28 said:
i'm surprised george cooper and aimson on the bench.

Why are people criticising team selection already?

Because we dont agree with it!

Thankfully, you are not picking the side, it is the managers job, as he sees the players every day.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pogleswoody":29a806rg said:
PL2 3DQ":29a806rg said:
Grimsby have a replay against Newport on 19th November which takes away a Tuesday for our rearranged game.
Argyle and Grimsby might have been waiting on today's results before rearranging the game, if both clubs went out of the cup we could have played on Second round day on Saturday 30th. That can't happen now.
Tuesday 26th November?

And then Grimbsy at home in the FA Cup Second Round on the Saturday? :think:

You are tempting fate with that prediction!

Sep 25, 2010
moles40":r0bmjcmo said:
how is grant still in the team after his dreadful display against exeter ,changing my prediction

3-1 bolton now :facepalm:

Apparently Grant was MOM,

Comments

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Player Ratings: Bolton 0 Plymouth Argyle 1

Scott Wootton, 9 - Player of the Match

Best player on the pitch as his constant efforts to block Bolton's route to goal paid dividends. Similar to his showing against Chelsea U21 in the EFL Trophy, he made numerous tackles and blocks, playing a vital part in a great defensive effort.

Callum McFadzean, 8

He clearly enjoys playing with his partner in crime, Mayor, and the two linked up for yet another goal this season. McFadzean caused problems when involved, and could have had two but hit a shot first time when it might have been better to take a touch.

Sep 6, 2006
jespafc":u87qefzq said:
Guiri Green":u87qefzq said:
Ottawa Green":u87qefzq said:
Today's attendance is 6,992 (1,154 visitors).

Not much less than attended the Sunderland v Gillingham game earlier. Is the Cup losing it's appeal ?

It has been for years. And I blame the FA. They have devalued it year upon year.

So how have the fa devalued it out of interest?

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":2sodaoyu said:
jespafc":2sodaoyu said:
Guiri Green":2sodaoyu said:
Ottawa Green":2sodaoyu said:
Today's attendance is 6,992 (1,154 visitors).

Not much less than attended the Sunderland v Gillingham game earlier. Is the Cup losing it's appeal ?

It has been for years. And I blame the FA. They have devalued it year upon year.

So how have the fa devalued it out of interest?

Moved the cup final to a 17:15 KO. No trains home for many supporters after the game. No all day build up like in the old days. Days out at Wembley for the semi finalists.

The Wembley FA Cup final isn't a major spectacle like it used to be. The FA Cup is still a run out for second stringers for a lot of the top sides.

Oct 14, 2015
And who remembers Brian Moore presenting a show on the Friday before the final called “who’ll win the cup”? :scarf:

May 5, 2006
The biggest change is the amount of football on tv. When I was growing up the Cup Final was one of only 3 live games each season, the other 2 being the European Cup Final and the England v Scotland home international. That fact alone made it special.

Sep 13, 2003
If anything, the Premier League have devalued the FA Cup. Literally every single Premier League and Championship team will field second string in the third round as the teams are scrapping for points in the money making leagues.
We also usually get one sided affairs in the final like last season as the gulf between the Premier league sides is too big.

Sep 6, 2006
Clarke_B":jtlljajh said:
If anything, the Premier League have devalued the FA Cup. Literally every single Premier League and Championship team will field second string in the third round as the teams are scrapping for points in the money making leagues.
We also usually get one sided affairs in the final like last season as the gulf between the Premier league sides is too big.

Exactly. Why would the FA devalue the FA cup? So much money in Prem that clubs are not interested in the cup. Only wAy to save it is give Champions League spot to winners.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Man Utd withdrew from the 1999/2000 FA Cup to play in the FIFA World Club Championship. Encouraged by the FA.
Thin end of the wedge, camel-back-straw, end-beginning-of-the ....

That is the FA devaluing their own competition.
Never came back from that demonstration that World Football was more important than the oldest competition in the world! :facepalm: