Bolton Winding Up Petition | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bolton Winding Up Petition

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
From the outside it looks like the EFL have done nothing to help and are now forcing Bolton to play their under-18 team in the final two fixtures. They would have insisted they played today but were involved in a youth game on Thursday.
The players are making a stand, and rightly so, with no help from the EFL.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Difficult to know what the EFL should do.

It's seems obvious that Bassini shouldn't be allowed to take charge which the EFL should be commended for not letting happen as that is how they got into this mess.

The simplest solution to me for now would be to get the 2 games played. There is no outstanding issues regarding relegation or promotion that could be affected by it. So get the games played and deal with it in a week's time when the season is completed.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
signalspast":208skmxr said:
cheshiregreen":208skmxr said:
Saved for now but not sure I'd want Bassini running our club

Bonus is easy trip for me next season. :thumbup:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47963769

Wouldn't say that the article was ten days ago and there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then

I wouldn't bet a tenner on there still being a Bolton Wanderers next season, unfortunately. Fingers crossed they turn it around but they seem to be stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea at the moment.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
WFC4EVER":3ct4xx1d said:
Given his record with us at Watford it wouldn't surprise if the players didn't get paid and Bassini failed to complete the take over.

The bloke had a very dodgy record even before taking us over!

Twice bankrupt and changed his name..

Then when at the club often cried off from fans forums at the last minute and often fell out with his own staff.
He'll breeze through the fit and proper test.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Bolton have now gone into Administration. 12 point deduction for next season (assuming they don't go bust beforehand).

May 5, 2019
So sad to see but Bolton have been in a mess for a long time. I don't have a good feeling about this one. We nearly went bust with just a tenth of the debt.

They do at least own the Reebok Stadium so that might be what saves them in the end.

Jul 14, 2008
Did Bolton get punished for the unfulfilled fixture against Brentford? I know they have been deducted 12 points for going into admin.