Bolton's first match of the season (26 Aug on the brink) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bolton's first match of the season (26 Aug on the brink)

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Quite. Contrition isn't a word found in their vocabulary it seems so I too have no sympathy for them. Unlike poor Bury, Bolton and their delusional supporters are now reaping what they've sown. Just maybe Bolton's demise is the wake up call a lot of other profligate clubs living well beyond their means need to bring some sanity back into football governance/ownership.

Looking at the Bolton debacle, one is tempted to ask whether their geographical location also counts against them: are there too many teams in the north west, especially the Greater Manchester area? I wonder what they were expecting their fans to pay per third-tier game before ticket sales were suspended.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
KirkbyGreen":1ohk1p4z said:
Looking at the Bolton debacle, one is tempted to ask whether their geographical location also counts against them: are there too many teams in the north west, especially the Greater Manchester area? I wonder what they were expecting their fans to pay per third-tier game before ticket sales were suspended.

Bury to Bolton? 6.5 miles!!
Manchester not much further away. Numerous Greater Manchester (and beyond ) clubs within an hours drive.

Sad if you are a 'real' supporter but those stats make it easy for non Bury/Bolton supporters to just shrug. :sad:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Bury made an example of to threaten Bolton.

Bolton's administrators said they're going to wind it up starting tomorrow morning, so not sure they're going to make it to the deadline.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Argylegames":1tv7hyg5 said:
cheshiregreen":1tv7hyg5 said:

They had to do that as it was what they did for Bury. The Bury expulsion will sure concentrate the minds of those at Bolton who now realise it will happen.

I agree. In fact the cynic in me can’t help but wonder whether (partly) the EFL followed through with the expulsion of ‘little’ Bury to try to boost the chances of someone saving ‘big’ Bolton. But in reality I guess it’s just a matter of timing of where the clubs were in their respective meltdowns. Who is next in line? The Championship must be stuffed full of potential candidates.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Sincere apologies to anyone offended by this but if I was absolutely forced on pain of death to pick a team to get the Bury treatment it'd have to be Franchise Dons - a definite case of poetic justice.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
The Doctor":51dev00z said:
Argylegames":51dev00z said:
cheshiregreen":51dev00z said:

They had to do that as it was what they did for Bury. The Bury expulsion will sure concentrate the minds of those at Bolton who now realise it will happen.

I agree. In fact the cynic in me can’t help but wonder whether (partly) the EFL followed through with the expulsion of ‘little’ Bury to try to boost the chances of someone saving ‘big’ Bolton. But in reality I guess it’s just a matter of timing of where the clubs were in their respective meltdowns. Who is next in line? The Championship must be stuffed full of potential candidates.

So, are the EFL gong to let someone buy Bolton for a pound because the club are under threat and the EFL haven't got time to do due diligence? That's what they did for Bury. Theoretically I guess Steve Dale could make an offer for Bolton? :facepalm:

It's called due diligence for a reason: do it at the right time and do it thoroughly!! :furious: