Bolton's first match of the season (26 Aug on the brink) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bolton's first match of the season (26 Aug on the brink)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
cheshiregreen":afdv20ge said:
Football Ventures takeover reported as completed today.

So Bury were thrown on the fire to keep Bolton warm so that the EFL could dig out the defibrillator to try to revive the 'big club'??
God I hate being so old, cynical and bitter in my views!! :oops: :facepalm:

May 22, 2006
Eddie Davies, a previous owner, wrote off £175m of debt and then gave them another £5m before he passed away.

Bolton were still in the proverbial, despite such generosity. That takes some mis management.

Jul 12, 2016
Pogleswoody":18lgez68 said:
cheshiregreen":18lgez68 said:

So Bury were thrown on the fire to keep Bolton warm so that the EFL could dig out the defibrillator to try to revive the 'big club'??
God I hate being so old, cynical and bitter in my views!! :oops: :facepalm:

Does seem strange that within 24 hours of Bury's demise Bolton are suddenly saved. The EFL have a lot to answer for.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
oldage":19iu1034 said:
cheshiregreen":19iu1034 said:
Ventures or Vultures?

Yeah: Glitterball Vultures might be more appropriate.

I'm happy for the genuine Bolton supporters but I've got a real sick feeling about them being saved and Bury being .... errrmm ... Buried.
Then that 'spokesperson' from the EFL Dobby Dolittle is it? (Dobby the House EFL) ;) Apparently she thinks that the EFL might (just might) have been at fault and that they must learn lessons going forward to the future. :facepalm:

Great if you are a Bury fan: 'That's great Dobby, just two questions:

1) What is going forward?
2) What does 'the future' mean?

I'm a Bury fan, don't understand those terms! :facepalm:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
oldage":30f0hpsk said:
Does seem strange that within 24 hours of Bury's demise Bolton are suddenly saved. The EFL have a lot to answer for.

In this case I suspect that the fact that Bury were kicked out concentrated the minds in Bolton and a few people modified their stance in order to get the sale through. A percentage of what you wanted is better than nowt because you wouldn't do the deal and the business went west.