Bradford v Argyle. Match day thread. | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradford v Argyle. Match day thread.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
The season is far from over but if we keep starting games slowly like today and at Colchester then it won't be long before we do have to settle for the play offs at best. Start Hardie & Jephcott on Tuesday with Moore at wing back with Cooper on the other side. And please try and shoot more.

Jan 24, 2019
Argylegames":25u76osa said:
Playoffs here we come!

Have youlooked at the table recently. We have a game in hand to be played on Tuesday night. There is no reason to panic as the we still have to play scum and scum have to play Crewe.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
We now have two home games and two away games that we should win. We are only two points away from third, despite today's disaster it's not over by a long way.

May 16, 2016
Even the BBC Devon round up bloke gave up on our summariser, cut him off just as he started to go to Exeters Manager - no one likes us anymore

The Doctor

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Itā€™s ironic that just this week, Simon Hallett announced that this is not now the ā€˜same old Argyleā€™ but just a couple of weeks ago we were fantastically poised to hit the automatic promotion places and then we take just 2 points from 9...

Thereā€™s still everything to play for this season, but weā€™ve messed up badly in the last few games.

Sep 2, 2008
Steve.PAFC2012":32wthdw6 said:
The season is far from over but if we keep starting games slowly like today and at Colchester then it won't be long before we do have to settle for the play offs at best. Start Hardie & Jephcott on Tuesday with Moore at wing back with Cooper on the other side. And please try and shoot more.

Put Joe Edwards back in the middle in front of the back three. No idea why Lowe moved him out of that position. He has energy, breaks up play, is composed on the ball and is able to carry the ball up field if needed. Bakinson needs some time on the bench

Mar 14, 2009
35 games in and the defence make similar mistakes all season. So with 11 games to go that won't change.

Lowe has to find a way scoring more than we concede in these finally 11 games.

The performances in January weren't convincing, but we won. Personally what we are seeing last few games is same level of performance but without the good fortune eg Crewe open goal miss. Isn't a surprise the results in all honesty.

Got to stick by the manager and the team and hopefully he finds a formula to carry us over the line.

My hope in that Aimson could add more defensive stability. And he gets G Cooper in the side with Mayor but not at Wing back.

Apr 5, 2008
How can it be play offs at best with 10 games to go,some of our supporters that post here are really clueless how the league table works.

Three points for a win and a point if you draw,but letā€™s just say play offs at best

All to play for still for level headed supporters.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pottypilgrim":2dup4isv said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2dup4isv said:

Put Joe Edwards back in the middle in front of the back three. No idea why Lowe moved him out of that position. He has energy, breaks up play, is composed on the ball and is able to carry the ball up field if needed. Bakinson needs some time on the bench
Agree with that. Tuesday I'd definitely have him back in DM with Moore going to RWB supplying Hardie and Jephcott up front.

It'll be interesting to see who will replace Sarce in CM as well, Cooper or Conor Grant I suppose.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The referee was abysmal, a real homer. Took everything they gave him.

Wooton went missing for the first and the biggest cheat scored a worldy.

Perhaps you're wobbling.

jerryatricjanner

āœ… Evergreen
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 22, 2006
I think many Crewe fans would claim we had a homer a fortnight ago. I think we were 2 down before we saw the worst of the referee today. We played plenty of pretty pretty stuff in the conditions and were very pleasing on the eye most of the first half but the cutting edge in the final third was too often absent unfortunately.

Apr 29, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":3p8az327 said:
I donā€™t like the way the manager is slagged off when we are losing.

I understand he has a responsibility, but when you have defenders contracted to the club and you canā€™t afford to pay them off or move them out then your stuck. He already removed Riley, T Moore and Smith-Brown.

He isnā€™t responsible for signing those defenders.

Maybe Lowe thought he could score enough goals and have enough possession to ā€˜get away with itā€™ at the other end of the pitch. We all saw them last season in terms of their ability. I donā€™t understand why we thought there wouldnā€™t be issues at the back especially when we seen it continue this season.

Personally, think Lowe is doing a good job considering half the squad has Adams signings still.

Itā€™s frequently been the way. Not sure where all the people are when it was ā€œAdams out. He doesnā€™t play good enough football. Itā€™s how we play rather than the results that count.ā€ As for ā€œweā€™re not good enough for automatic promotionā€œ that will be revealed in the fullness of time. Thereā€™s a lot of twists and turns in every promotion season and an awful lot of points up for grabs yet. :scarf: