Bradford v Argyle. Match day thread. | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradford v Argyle. Match day thread.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
IPA":bidb1kyw said:
Never a red card in a million years.

Carl Boyson is a joke as usual.
Boyeson has come in for a lot of criticism and maybe his overall performance was poor.
However, I am as green-tinted as most but, having watched the extended highlights, I can’t see that either sending off was unreasonable.
Even allowing for the conditions, Gary Sawyer’s challenge was reckless. Yes, Connolly made a meal of it.
Antoni Sarcevic didn’t seem to win the ball in his challenge and, having already been booked for dissent, it was a ‘I’ve seen them given’ decision by Boyeson.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Admittedly I haven't read every post, but I've not seen much criticism of Sarce for his first yellow. Needless from him. Without that, the second one is a non issue, and I would agree with davie nine that it wasn't an outrageous second yellow.

If Sawyer's was against us we'd all be screaming for it.

Jan 2, 2019
IJN":48e2wg6h said:
The referee was abysmal, a real homer. Took everything they gave him.

Wooton went missing for the first and the biggest cheat scored a worldy.

Perhaps you're wobbling.

You can stop wobbling now. Then you might learn something about the game. I’ve forgotten more than you’ll know.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
davie nine":3k6qrppg said:
IPA":3k6qrppg said:
Never a red card in a million years.

Carl Boyson is a joke as usual.
Boyeson has come in for a lot of criticism and maybe his overall performance was poor.
However, I am as green-tinted as most but, having watched the extended highlights, I can’t see that either sending off was unreasonable.
Even allowing for the conditions, Gary Sawyer’s challenge was reckless. Yes, Connolly made a meal of it.
Antoni Sarcevic didn’t seem to win the ball in his challenge and, having already been booked for dissent, it was a ‘I’ve seen them given’ decision by Boyeson.

I'm afraid I have to agree, Davie. I listened to the match live on Radio Devon and then watched the whole thing again on iFollow on Sunday afternoon (yes, I am a sucker for punishment...)

Based on what I had heard I was fully expecting a bout of righteous indignation over the ref's total ineptitude. Instead I saw the guy - in my opinion - getting most of the calls right and reffing as well as could be expected in the abysmal conditions. Yes, the Sawyer incident was contentious at the time but the ref only went for the red card after a chat with the lino and - let's face it - if the subsequent fan debate is split around 50/50 why shouldn't Boyeson have plumped for a red rather than a yellow?

It pains me to say it but what I saw with my eyes rather than heard with my ears would have resulted in a 6 or 7 from me on the 'rate the ref' scale.

May 4, 2018
Sarce should have exercised more restrain, getting booked for dissent is just so needless.
He’s a key player for Argyle, let’s hope he learns from his mistake whilst he sits it out for 2 games!
We haven’t exactly got a strong reserve team we can draw on with all the injuries. :banghead:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
WoodfordWall":qpl2zkw4 said:
You can stop wobbling now. Then you might learn something about the game. I’ve forgotten more than you’ll know.

:greensmile:

Thanks for laugh, that got a belly laugh.

:clap: