Breakers yard | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Breakers yard

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
PL2 3DQ":1ldyw2g3 said:
The players are to blame as well. Some have been going through the motions, the away game at Oxford hasn't been forgotten when the players downed tools and there have been several individual mistakes that have happened regularly throughout the season. I suppose that's what a relegation threatened team looks like.

We are paying the price for a poor playing budget which the majority was spent on keeping players instead of bringing in quality players, a poor pre-season and a board placing too much expectancy and hope on Adams.
Adams has made mistakes but he isn't the only one.

Where’s the inspiration, tactical changes, the formation training to give us different options, the player recruitment, the support in coaching, the honest post match assessments?

The players aren’t completely void of criticism but I think the blame for our season lays heavily on Adams doorstep. Nothing has been learned from past failings.

He’s stubborn, obnoxious, self centred and lacking in key decision making skills.

Dec 3, 2005
L G":2nz8yxc8 said:
Barnsley are going to tear us to shreds on Monday.
We just got to hope the bottom 4 all lose too.

Hey, we are talking ARGYLE here, Barnsley wont tear us apart, knowing Argyle we will draw or even win that game and lose the other two.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
djg145":10s84sdz said:
L G":10s84sdz said:
Barnsley are going to tear us to shreds on Monday.
We just got to hope the bottom 4 all lose too.

Hey, we are talking ARGYLE here, Barnsley wont tear us apart, knowing Argyle we will draw or even win that game and lose the other two.
just like we broke the 38 year Gillingham hoodoo today?
I know this Argyle. Barnsley to get at least 4.

I never get this 'let's boo the team and the manager' stuff. If you support Argyle surely you want them to stay up how do people think yelling abuse at all and sundry is going to help matters? Lets get right behind the team for the last three games and if it doesn't work out for us then that's the time to vent your anger. Just don't do it NOW!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Butler WA Green":2xkw9zuq said:
I never get this 'let's boo the team and the manager' stuff. If you support Argyle surely you want them to stay up how do people think yelling abuse at all and sundry is going to help matters? Lets get right behind the team for the last three games and if it doesn't work out for us then that's the time to vent your anger. Just don't do it NOW!

That's right. Don't boo Adams during the season at all. Wait until after the last game, walk home, get in, sit in your sofa then, in the privacy of your living room, at no earlier than 8 pm on May 4th you can boo to an empty room.

Mar 23, 2008
PL2 3DQ":e1fhnem6 said:
The players are to blame as well. Some have been going through the motions, the away game at Oxford hasn't been forgotten when the players downed tools and there have been several individual mistakes that have happened regularly throughout the season. I suppose that's what a relegation threatened team looks like.

We are paying the price for a poor playing budget which the majority was spent on keeping players instead of bringing in quality players, a poor pre-season and a board placing too much expectancy and hope on Adams.
Adams has made mistakes but he isn't the only one.
I usually agree with everthing you say but don't here. Adams is solely and squarely to blame, its his squad he's built and moulded, his team, his tactics, his man management and his traditional circle of an inept start, good middle and inept end to the season.

Have a look at our squad size and number of senior pros, the budget isn't to blame and we are punching below our weight.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
up_the_line":2fxnvxvm said:
Butler WA Green":2fxnvxvm said:

That's right. Don't boo Adams during the season at all. Wait until after the last game, walk home, get in, sit in your sofa then, in the privacy of your living room, at no earlier than 8 pm on May 4th you can boo to an empty room.

Do you think that booing the team during the match on Monday will get the best out of them?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Butler WA Green":1mr14qhk said:

Do that and still go down and some would argue we should have vented out frustration sooner and forced a change which in turn could have kept us up?

To do what you say we are to do requires something important... Belief.

I’m void of it after today. I don’t believe Adams has the ability, skills, or the confidence to keep us up.

He had a real chance to give us some hope and belief today and he failed to inspire the players and he failed to tactically set them up to counter Gillinngham. Something he does on nearly every match day.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
GreenThing":2so1xb71 said:
up_the_line":2so1xb71 said:
Butler WA Green":2so1xb71 said:

Do you think that booing the team during the match on Monday will get the best out of them?
You must surely know that won't happen unless we're 3-0 at half time or something. Please don't make excuses in advance for a poor performance.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Green_Matt":1u07vl6k said:
GreenThing":1u07vl6k said:
up_the_line":1u07vl6k said:
Butler WA Green":1u07vl6k said:

You must surely know that won't happen unless we're 3-0 at half time or something. Please don't make excuses in advance for a poor performance.

Not making any excuses for anyone. I want us to survive this and I feel that getting on the teams backs during the match won't help them put in their best performance which will be essential.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenThing":lao6xzo5 said:
up_the_line":lao6xzo5 said:
Butler WA Green":lao6xzo5 said:

I think people not mocking or shutting down people critical of Adams far earlier would have helped. Maybe if he didn't receive blanket support from a cabal of worshipers who obviously think he's more important than the club then he would have been replaced and we wouldn't be where we are. Rochdale changed manager and are above us.
Well done to all those who have been such great Adams fans over the season.
Cue the 'if you luv Rochdale so much why donyou go an marry em' comments
P. S. I didn't advocate booing the team. Just Adams

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
up_the_line":1hk7mp2r said:
GreenThing":1hk7mp2r said:
up_the_line":1hk7mp2r said:
Butler WA Green":1hk7mp2r said:

I think people not mocking or shutting down people critical of Adams far earlier would have helped. Maybe if he didn't receive blanket support from a cabal of worshipers who obviously think he's more important than the club then he would have been replaced and we wouldn't be where we are. Rochdale changed manager and are above us.
Well done to all those who have been such great Adams fans over the season.
Cue the 'if you luv Rochdale so much why donyou go an marry em' comments
P. S. I didn't advocate booing the team. Just Adams

Maybe so, but it's all a bit late for that. Let's give them the best chance of going to task in the best frame of mind for the job.