Breakers yard | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Breakers yard

Oct 16, 2016
GreenThing":2vp9hjc4 said:
up_the_line":2vp9hjc4 said:
GreenThing":2vp9hjc4 said:
up_the_line":2vp9hjc4 said:
Butler WA Green":2vp9hjc4 said:
I never get this 'let's boo the team and the manager' stuff. If you support Argyle surely you want them to stay up how do people think yelling abuse at all and sundry is going to help matters? Lets get right behind the team for the last three games and if it doesn't work out for us then that's the time to vent your anger. Just don't do it NOW!

That's right. Don't boo Adams during the season at all. Wait until after the last game, walk home, get in, sit in your sofa then, in the privacy of your living room, at no earlier than 8 pm on May 4th you can boo to an empty room.

Do you think that booing the team during the match on Monday will get the best out of them?

I think people not mocking or shutting down people critical of Adams far earlier would have helped. Maybe if he didn't receive blanket support from a cabal of worshipers who obviously think he's more important than the club then he would have been replaced and we wouldn't be where we are. Rochdale changed manager and are above us.
Well done to all those who have been such great Adams fans over the season.
Cue the 'if you luv Rochdale so much why donyou go an marry em' comments
P. S. I didn't advocate booing the team. Just Adams

Maybe so, but it's all a bit late for that. Let's give them the best chance of going to task in the best frame of mind for the job.

I think you’re exactly right, there’s little point in getting hugely irate, there are games left so if you are there get behind the lads

Doesn’t detract from venting your spleen here though I suppose and beyond that I’m firmly for starting afresh

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
PL2 3DQ":28xh0571 said:
The players are to blame as well. Some have been going through the motions, the away game at Oxford hasn't been forgotten when the players downed tools and there have been several individual mistakes that have happened regularly throughout the season. I suppose that's what a relegation threatened team looks like.

We are paying the price for a poor playing budget which the majority was spent on keeping players instead of bringing in quality players, a poor pre-season and a board placing too much expectancy and hope on Adams.
Adams has made mistakes but he isn't the only one.
none of us know the playing budget do we?I cite the cowley brothers at lincoln.they took over there in division five,got the club organised,motivated and won twp promotions.the playing and coaching side are to blame,with a few exceptions in my opinion.why did he terminate brewsters contract?a very curt and nasty way to dump his successful assistant and then employ the dubious pairing of wooton and nancekiville!add to this the farcical use of the gentleman who is the strength and conditioning coach. :facepalm: i would say the majority of our players are not strong enough for this battle or in good enough condition.
i am sad to write this post as i truly believed derek,( i once named him deity),was the perfect fit for argyle.i now see a stubborn and intransigent man.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
It wont help to berate the manager or the team. We have to get over the line whatever it takes. We don't want to be floundering in league 2 for the next 3 or 4 years. The time for a serious look at ourselves will be the day after the season ends but I fear whatever happens it will be more of the same with no lessons learnt. As long as the prawn sandwiches taste ok and the new seats are comfy though eh!

Dec 3, 2005
Did I not hear the Gillingham supporters BOO their team off at Half Time today?

With Adams, maybe just ignore him, don't cheer him or applaude him, why give him the adulation?

No need to BOO him.

May 1, 2011
djg145":2koyp8e1 said:
Did I not hear the Gillingham supporters BOO their team off at Half Time today?

With Adams, maybe just ignore him, don't cheer him or applaude him, why give him the adulation?

No need to BOO him.

Yes why would you boo a risable, stubborn arrogant manager who is taking Argyle down to the basement league again.

May 26, 2015
Not sure where the "love Rochdale" bit came from, but whilst I quite like Rochdale, having lived here for 30 years, I thoroughly dislike Adams!

May 1, 2011
Steve Evans":1svq968m said:
PL2 3DQ":1svq968m said:
The players are to blame as well. Some have been going through the motions, the away game at Oxford hasn't been forgotten when the players downed tools and there have been several individual mistakes that have happened regularly throughout the season. I suppose that's what a relegation threatened team looks like.

We are paying the price for a poor playing budget which the majority was spent on keeping players instead of bringing in quality players, a poor pre-season and a board placing too much expectancy and hope on Adams.
Adams has made mistakes but he isn't the only one.
none of us know the playing budget do we?I cite the cowley brothers at lincoln.they took over there in division five,got the club organised,motivated and won twp promotions.the playing and coaching side are to blame,with a few exceptions in my opinion.why did he terminate brewsters contract?a very curt and nasty way to dump his successful assistant and then employ the dubious pairing of wooton and nancekiville!add to this the farcical use of the gentleman who is the strength and conditioning coach. :facepalm: i would say the majority of our players are not strong enough for this battle or in good enough condition.
i am sad to write this post as i truly believed derek,( i once named him deity),was the perfect fit for argyle.i now see a stubborn and intransigent man.

The current strength and conditioning coach may not be up to much. I'm not sure looking at Sarcevich he is doing his job. However a decent guy in that role is a must for a serious club.

Apr 9, 2011
IPA":ojxdo4ul said:
Tugboat":ojxdo4ul said:
Green_Matt":ojxdo4ul said:
I am closer to wanting a change of management than I was in December. Adams clearly has difficulty getting the best out of a team of mostly average players. It might sound uncharitable but I don't think he deserves a great deal of credit for this season and last's miracle runs either. Poor.

I think he went into arrears months ago for his efforts as manager. He has a catastrophic blind side to him of which he just can’t/won’t adjust to a situation.

You look at the big picture of players he’s lost whilst here and players he’s decided to bring in, staff that he’s rid and it looks like the posture of a man struggling immensely and pushing away people that may ask the question of him as to why what’s happening is happening.

A ‘you don’t like it then on your bike’ defiance that is leading us down a one way street of relegation.

I’m utterly utterly sick of questioning him now. I just want him to go. What’s even more frustrating is that I believe the board won’t take any action because they don’t have the confidence too given the job Adams does behind the scenes.

He should be relieved of all first team matters tonight. Up to him if he wants to remain in position on other football related matters but that first team needs to rid him and Wotton of any decision making matters.

Ditto.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt after our 'miracle run' last season to turn things around but I honestly think he stumbled on that formula and then seemed to abandon it just as quickly. Then another dreadful start to this season and he should have been replaced before Christmas.

Another mini revival and people are fooled again but the writing was always on the wall for me after last season's awful finish. Yes he's on a mediocre budget but, the guy is so narrow minded, stubborn and tactically limited.

Please just go tonight Derek. I've had enough of your dreadful one dimensional football, your tactical ineptness, your stubbornness, your refusal to play our most creative players for reasons only known to yourself, your poor rapport with the fan base and your pathetic excuses after defeats.

Right now I feel as sick as a pig. :furious:
Agree entirely. Yes he has by & large a mediocre squad but seems totally unable to get the best out of them. Certainly not one of JB's finest moments to give the guy a 5yr contract. With no hope of being in a position to get rid, we are stuffed

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Having supported my team since 1965 can I make my point for one more time .

We are who we are , we are Plymouth Argyle .Expectations have often been great , but often never realised. We feel that we have never really fulfilled our expectations , but maybe in reality we have .Now in this predicament is not the time to abandon support for our team for the last 3 games .

I will never be able to make it back to Home Park to roar on the mighty Argyle so I leave it up to you that can to do it for me.. COYG :scarf:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
khennes_904":1afrigf5 said:
Having supported my team since 1965 can I make my point for one more time .

We are who we are , we are Plymouth Argyle .Expectations have often been great , but often never realised. We feel that we have never really fulfilled our expectations , but maybe in reality we have .Now in this predicament is not the time to abandon support for our team for the last 3 games .

I will never be able to make it back to Home Park to roar on the mighty Argyle so I leave it up to you that can to do it for me.. COYG :scarf:
I'll do my very best for you on Monday against Barnsley fella.
You can send me a packet of throat sweets in due course. :scarf:

Jan 18, 2007
Tugboat":i8yqpxni said:
Time to strip this team and more importantly, management team apart and try and salvage the scraps.

This old banger is almost blown yet the owner still refuses to replace key components.

A lick of paint and some new seats won’t change the incompetence of the person driving it and it won’t change the worm out, lack lustre, under performing moving parts.

It’ll cost money but it’s in limp mode. Keep running it and it’s going to blow in many irreparable pieces and suffer long term.

:furious:
Brilliant Post

Jan 18, 2007
Can someone tell me does Mr Adam's ( don't want any more warning messages) have a rolling five year contract or does it have an end date? If so what is it? :furious:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As you bought it up (again) this time in public, I will repeat my point made to you in private.

The nationality of a manager has nothing to do with his ability.

Hope that clears that up, just in case people get the wrong impression about you mentioning 'warnings'.

Ian
Site Owner.

Jan 18, 2007
IJN":3ofdj2n2 said:
As you bought it up (again) this time in public, I will repeat my point made to you in private.

The nationality of a manager has nothing to do with his ability.

Hope that clears that up, just in case people get the wrong impression about you mentioning 'warnings'.

Ian
Site Owner.
Thanks again