Brent backs Adams | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent backs Adams

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
gaspargomez":2ion8xty said:
No point in sacking Adams in my opinion- review the situation at the end of the season. IF Argyle get relegated then he would probably leave anyway. I also think the playing budget is an issue and is something the club might have to address.

We should wait for relegation and then decide what to do?

Sorry but that's a ridiculous approach.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
GreenArmy1984":2zrmqfn1 said:
FA Cup 1st Round Draw This Monday 7pm

The Road To Wembley ....

I know you won't reply to this, but if we go down, will you want Adams out? Or will you just start posting 2019-20 League 2 champions or some rubbish like that?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Avoiding relegation should be the clubs number 1 priority, but for some reason, I just get the feeling it isn't, I get the feeling that even if we get relegated it'll be just viewed by the board as being part of something 'bigger'. Worrying times. I want Adams to succeed but we can't sleepwalk ourselves back to League 2.

Jan 6, 2004
An assessment needs to be made as to whether we stand a better chance of escaping relegation with Adams or somebody new and a decision has to be made if not now, then in the next couple of weeks to there is still time to turn it around. On the evidence of Saturday morale is at an all time low, players don't seem to know what they are supposed to be doing and don't seem to care very much (with a couple of exceptions). In these circumstances a new manager can often turn things around. But if we are going to do it we need to do it before it is too late. I think we need to see evidence of huge improvement on Saturday in next two games for Adams to stay. Another performance like that and it is clear he and his team have lost the plot.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
GreenArmy1984":1lls03ts said:
Nothing Like a Good FA Cup Run

Remember Liverpool!

The FA cup still excites me!

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Cobi Budge":2b6y22hh said:
Avoiding relegation should be the clubs number 1 priority, but for some reason, I just get the feeling it isn't, I get the feeling that even if we get relegated it'll be just viewed by the board as being part of something 'bigger'. Worrying times. I want Adams to succeed but we can't sleepwalk ourselves back to League 2.

I know we're all hurting but there is some daft stuff posted at times.

FWIW, I think we'll avoid relegation. There is enough about the majority of this squad evidenced by last season's good run to suggest that a couple of additions (quality loans probably) in key positions - particularly at centre-half - will suffice. That isn't to say I expect a play-off charge again, but comfortable survival is well within reach given the additions mentioned, and the return to form and/or fitness of key squad members.

This doesn't excuse the repeat of a dismal early season - once is a mistake, twice is reckless. I suspect that if DA is around, he won't quite get the free run he's enjoyed during the close season next year.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Are we going to be the new Crewe? Dario Grady took charge and after securing stability in the bottom division, gained promotion then was awarded a 10 year contract. The second year resulted in relegation BUT they kept him on and further promotions came. Sound familiar?

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Frank_Butcher":qgps4vtc said:
Cobi Budge":qgps4vtc said:

I know we're all hurting but there is some daft stuff posted at times.

FWIW, I think we'll avoid relegation. There is enough about the majority of this squad evidenced by last season's good run to suggest that a couple of additions (quality loans probably) in key positions - particularly at centre-half - will suffice. That isn't to say I expect a play-off charge again, but comfortable survival is well within reach given the additions mentioned, and the return to form and/or fitness of key squad members.

This doesn't excuse the repeat of a dismal early season - once is a mistake, twice is reckless. I suspect that if DA is around, he won't quite get the free run he's enjoyed during the close season next year.

We'll be too far adrift come January. The majority of the squad, in my opinion, isn't good enough. Even if they were accomplished L1 standard, their commitment, passion and desire is in question. DA is trying to execute tactics that doesn't seem to suit the players, and even if it did, opposition managers are wise to it.

I don't really know the answer. Sacking him could mean we're down, but keeping him could also mean we're down. If stays, and relegates us, I don't want him next season. 3 years at the helm and no better off. May as well have kept Sheridan.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Cobi Budge":2679yiyz said:
GreenArmy1984":2679yiyz said:
FA Cup 1st Round Draw This Monday 7pm

The Road To Wembley ....

I know you won't reply to this, but if we go down, will you want Adams out? Or will you just start posting 2019-20 League 2 champions or some rubbish like that?

I know you won’t reply to this, but why do you always edit your posts?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
GreenThing":12f0j6ix said:
Are we going to be the new Crewe? Dario Grady took charge and after securing stability in the bottom division, gained promotion then was awarded a 10 year contract. The second year resulted in relegation BUT they kept him on and further promotions came. Sound familiar?

Relegation would leave us back in the same position we were in on the day Sheridan left. Has to be avoided at all costs.