Brent backs Adams | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent backs Adams

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Biggs":33eavihi said:
Cobi Budge":33eavihi said:
Biggs, genuine question I'm not taking the mick because some of what you've said does make sense, but how much worse would things have to get before you would want a change?

End of December and weā€™re still bottom of the league AND near the bottom of form table, then I think something needs to happen and a new man allowed to bring in new players in January.

End of December and weā€™re still bottom but showing sustained good form (I remember last year people bizarrely ignoring the form table), then he definitely deserves the transfer window.

Weā€™re just not yet at the stage for the board to consider such a massive decision. Weā€™re NOT most other clubs, weā€™ve built our sustained progress on stability and getting the big decisions right.

I suspect thatā€™s not far off the boardā€™s thinking, as well.
Agree with that Biggs. I'd add the caveat that Brent should be aware of the general morale around the club ...... IF the perception is that it is falling apart ('he's lost the dressing room' ) then pull the trigger sooner rather than later....... IF it appears everyone really does seem together and determined to turn it around (as we've seen before) then back him as much as possible. Only those on the inside can really know....... Saturday was a shocker but a week before it appeared to be a really happy camp that had turned a corner.

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenArmy1984":37kffye2 said:
We keep on going until January ....

Transfer window Opens and we can strengthen the team

I predict mid table finish

But didn't we strengthen the team in the pre season?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I personally think if we are going to pull the trigger and sack DA, the best time is mid-November A new manager would need time to assess a new squad and see who was capable of playing in their style. Our squad probably has individuals who would perform better under a different manager and sacking DA end of December would not help a new man see that. Especially baring in mind our budget will be limited, the new man would only be able to bring in probably a max of 4 permanent and a loanee at a guess.

Aug 12, 2018
It's the home defeats that add another nail in the coffin. I think the tipping point could come on November 10th - FACup 1st Round day. A home defeat again a strong Conference side like Salford, Fylde or Sutton ...... Worst case scenario Torquay, Weston Super Mare or Metropolitan Police :doh: :banghead:

Sep 2, 2008
jespafc":3jydwg3m said:
Biggs":3jydwg3m said:
No-one associated with the club will be resigned to the fact weā€™re going down, while 4 points adrift with 33 games to go.

That would be insane.

Heā€™s just saying that heā€™s looking long-term as well as short-term.

This. No knee jerk reactions and a little patience. Personally I believe Adams deserves that.

I agree. I've watched many a game over my many years and I don't ever recall seeing a manager stand all alone in a virtually empty stadium for as long as Adams did at Oxford. He obviously is completely invested in this club. I believe he feels the anguish that we all do when we lose. He strikes me as someone that is completely different to other managers in the game. I do not doubt his resolve. I do not doubt his belief in what this club could achieve. I think he is being let down by the players. If they were to put in as much effort, commitment and belief as I believe Adams does then we would win more than we lose. I would not want him to leave or be pushed. He has been more successful than not since he's been here. We will not be relegated with him at the helm. I believe that he is looking after this club as best he can with the resources he is given. I don't think that there is anyone else out there that could do better. He will get rid of the players that are letting him/us down and sort this out. In my opinion Carey is one of these players. I would not be surprised to see Carey move in January

JannerinCardiff

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ave_IT":302atyav said:
Biggs":302atyav said:
Cobi Budge":302atyav said:
Biggs, genuine question I'm not taking the mick because some of what you've said does make sense, but how much worse would things have to get before you would want a change?

End of December and weā€™re still bottom of the league AND near the bottom of form table, then I think something needs to happen and a new man allowed to bring in new players in January.

End of December and weā€™re still bottom but showing sustained good form (I remember last year people bizarrely ignoring the form table), then he definitely deserves the transfer window.

Weā€™re just not yet at the stage for the board to consider such a massive decision. Weā€™re NOT most other clubs, weā€™ve built our sustained progress on stability and getting the big decisions right.

Agree with that Biggs. I'd add the caveat that Brent should be aware of the general morale around the club ...... IF the perception is that it is falling apart ('he's lost the dressing room' ) then pull the trigger sooner rather than later....... IF it appears everyone really does seem together and determined to turn it around (as we've seen before) then back him as much as possible. Only those on the inside can really know....... Saturday was a shocker but a week before it appeared to be a really happy camp that had turned a corner.

Whilst Iā€™ve moved from pro Adams to wanting him gone you make some good points.. if thereā€™s still spirit and fight with players and management then there may be hope. For me tho itā€™s more about whether thereā€™s actually someone out there who can improve us, and right now Iā€™m just not sure there is.

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
hoovermelon":3q5k3oli said:
jespafc":3q5k3oli said:
Biggs":3q5k3oli said:
No-one associated with the club will be resigned to the fact weā€™re going down, while 4 points adrift with 33 games to go.

That would be insane.

Heā€™s just saying that heā€™s looking long-term as well as short-term.

This. No knee jerk reactions and a little patience. Personally I believe Adams deserves that.

Here we go again

Knee jerk reactions

We've won twice in 16 matches

We are awful and have been for some considerable time

Any other club in the land would have sacked him by now

He has shown absolutely no signs of turning things around. The football is dire.

We just sit back and watch us slide slowly (or quickly) back to the basement. But its ok, hes the best man to get us back up in the long term

Jesus

I take your points. But honestly we all said the same things last season and things changed drastically. I don't think that will happen again, but I do think Adams has the capabilities to guide us away from this and keep us out of the drop zone. I also believe that he deserves that chance and we should back him....for now.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
We were bottom of the league in December of last season but the signs of improvement were already there with 4 wins and 2 draws from 8 games, mainly because of Fox and Songo'o sitting deep to make the team solid and the introduction of Diagouraga.

Of course we had lift off when Lameiras came back into the fold against Oldham on the 9th of December.

We don't need to hit those dizzy heights this season to avoid relegation but the players need to show lots of improvement and move away from that Kassham performance of last Saturday.

It might be worth trying a 3-5-2 formation, we have the perfect wingbacks to give us the width in Moore and Smith-Brown and it would give the team two strikers.

Dec 3, 2005
Biggs":1t70pjud said:
Cobi Budge":1t70pjud said:

The chances of being bottom of the league in December and NOT being near the bottom of the form table would be remarkable.