Brent backs Adams | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent backs Adams

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
I think the key part in his statement is

“It’s about who is the best person to take the club forward, not just over this season but in the future.”

Think he's already resigned to the fact that we are screwed this season and are going down

Dec 3, 2005
Cobi Budge":3o6gvfkb said:
"I think there is no better person in the football world to get us out of the predicament that we are currently in"

Oh that will be the SAME guy who got us into this predicament that we are currently in. :funny: :furious:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
No-one associated with the club will be resigned to the fact we’re going down, while 4 points adrift with 33 games to go.

That would be insane.

He’s just saying that he’s looking long-term as well as short-term.

Apr 1, 2009
cheshiregreen":2genl6eu said:
HC Green":2genl6eu said:
Almost word for word what he said last year, I thought the Herald had just pulled out the article from 2017.

While the Herald doing that wouldn't surprise anyone, there is a real point there. Were no lessons learnt from Summer 2017 or are these new mistakes in Summer 2018?

Either way, starting seasons with a poor run of results would really not be acceptable 3 seasons on the trot would it? Surely there is a need to review events and determine a plan to avoid a further repeat.

Agree with this. Brent quoted in the Herald article that they are not going to dwell too much on what has happened. It's not the first time he's said something of this nature, and it worries me. If you don't get to the bottom of what has gone wrong and understand where mistakes have been made, how do you put it right?

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
That's exactly what ran through my mind when I read his comment. Like, doh?? I am more than worried. Next Saturday's performance (more than the result) should tell us something....

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Biggs":32hpsmyb said:
No-one associated with the club will be resigned to the fact we’re going down, while 4 points adrift with 33 games to go.

That would be insane.

This. No knee jerk reactions and a little patience. Personally I believe Adams deserves that.

Mar 23, 2008
xmastree":x7bgmqr5 said:
cheshiregreen":x7bgmqr5 said:
HC Green":x7bgmqr5 said:
Almost word for word what he said last year, I thought the Herald had just pulled out the article from 2017.

While the Herald doing that wouldn't surprise anyone, there is a real point there. Were no lessons learnt from Summer 2017 or are these new mistakes in Summer 2018?

Either way, starting seasons with a poor run of results would really not be acceptable 3 seasons on the trot would it? Surely there is a need to review events and determine a plan to avoid a further repeat.

Agree with this. Brent quoted in the Herald article that they are not going to dwell too much on what has happened. It's not the first time he's said something of this nature, and it worries me. If you don't get to the bottom of what has gone wrong and understand where mistakes have been made, how do you put it right?
That struck me also, to start one season like last year is bad but we put it right. To start two seasons back to back as we have suggests a big issue and a trend surely worthy of analysis??

Apr 22, 2013
Despite what the chairman says - the next two games will determine the future of the manager and the season

Aug 11, 2013
Very measured level headed response. Panic is a great enemy. We’re not cast adrift without hope. He’ll turn it around.

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
jespafc":2sy78zer said:
Biggs":2sy78zer said:

That would be insane.

This. No knee jerk reactions and a little patience. Personally I believe Adams deserves that.

Here we go again

Knee jerk reactions

We've won twice in 16 matches

We are awful and have been for some considerable time

Any other club in the land would have sacked him by now

He has shown absolutely no signs of turning things around. The football is dire.

We just sit back and watch us slide slowly (or quickly) back to the basement. But its ok, hes the best man to get us back up in the long term

Jesus

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
arrythewurzel":1yfua3e1 said:
Very measured level headed response. Panic is a great enemy. We’re not cast adrift without hope. He’ll turn it around.

On what basis do you think that?

Cause i cant see any reason why we are suddenly going to start winning games

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Everyone here must have watched enough football to have seen hopeless situations turn into winning runs, and vice versa.

I’m not saying that will definitely happen, before anyone lambasts me. It’s simply worth emphasising again that things in football change very, very quickly often with little sign (or if there are signs, on the training ground that none of us can see).

This will get lambasted, but if we beat Burton on Saturday that’s 7 points from 4 games and suddenly you’re looking at a decent bit of form.

Jan 6, 2004
But why do you think we will beat Burton? You clearly were not at the kassam for saturdays disgraceful pitiful effort. We may beat burton, we may turn it around but at the moment there is zero reason to think so so is nothing but wishful thinking