Brief Synopsis!!! (Bradford) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Bradford)

Feb 2, 2007
Steve Evans":3iy6v6qd said:
a very enjoyable match that argyle thoroughly deserved to win.i thought bradford were a very physical side especially when they were fouling the excellent carey.sonny and zak vyner were superb,what a player young zak is!our midfield were magnificent with sarcevic,ness and fox dominating city.as usual carey,who was marked by two men,and lameiras were unmarkable.both full backs were very solid and ryan up front battled and took plenty of knocks for the cause.in remi matthews we have a very street wise 'keeper in that he knows how to run the clock down by playing a little football when he receives back passes.well done to all the staff for our justifiable win.my ratings;

Remi Matthews - 9
Oscar Threlkeld - 9
Zak Vyner - 10
Sonny Bradley - 10
Gary Sawyer - 9
David Fox - 10
Jamie Ness - 9
Antoni Sarcevic - 9
Ruben Lameiras - 10
Graham Carey - 10
Ryan Taylor - 9
my man of the match was graham. :thumbup:

Are you a relative of GC? I think he’s a fantastic player but that was not a 10/10 performance. His work rate was superb but he was often integral to wasted possession going forward and unnecessary manoeuvres that didn’t come off. His one shooting fk opportunity was terrible dribbling into the wall and other free kick delivery not up to scratch. It was a 7 at best for GC.

MOTM clearly Bradley or Vyner in my view and out of the attaching players not a lot clicked fluidly but Sarcevics selfless running and fortunate goal made more difference than the others.

Sep 25, 2010
Can't understand why on earth, Ness was not made mom, if he had scored at the end, I am sure he would have been.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
“It was a nasty elbow by Charlie Wyke on Bradley, who had Wyke in his pocket all afternoon. Now Bradley is fit and not playing through an injury he looks twice the player he was early season.”
To that you can add Sarcevic and Ness - now injury free and match fit.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
All signed by the manager who the majority on Pasoti posters wanted out in September. You can also add Lameiras who has now found his mojo and is an absolute pleasure to watch. Another ‘killer’ assist for today’s goal.

Aug 3, 2017
Good result, personally thought Sawyer was weak all day. Probably because the guy he was marking had an inch or two on him so won more headers and didn’t pressure the crosses. I think that’s why ATS was needed at the end.

However, hard day in the office or not. A few players struggling to hit recent heights I am so proud others really stepped it up another gear. That’s what a team is about!

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Not an exciting game but one in which we had to battle and work hard to create opportunities. There weren't too many of those for Argyle but pretty much none for Bradford. We got a bit of luck with the goal but it was well deserved. The team still look on top form so I'd back them to keep it going.

The usual problem of tannoy noise persists, and the minute's applause was followed immediately and unnecessarily with the reintroduction of that horrible, pounding Zombie 'music'. How crass. I do wonder what goes through the mind of the person(s) in control of this, who clearly think this is a good thing.

Feb 2, 2007
davie nine":2sjr610l said:
All signed by the manager who the majority on Pasoti posters wanted out in September. You can also add Lameiras who has now found his mojo and is an absolute pleasure to watch. Another ‘killer’ assist for today’s goal.

Loving the condescending tone of this. Yes I was questioning Adams along with majority but isn’t that partly what helps drive the club forward? If we all universally and blindly backed a manager and team all the team on a horrendous run of results and clapped and lauded without critiquing- we’ll what would be the point of that?

Criticism and debate makes us stronger and drives performance. It’s also another way of showing we actually care, especially when put forward in a constructive manner.

Well done for blind faith but I’m not a subscriber and never will be. It’s led to some pretty bad cultural and social political disasters.

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
davie nine":370hlw3d said:

In fairness DA did let him go for the trial at Oldham ao it would appear that even he was ready to ship Lameiras out.

For whatever reason thankfully this didn't happen

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Green_Matt":39bv4crz said:
Not an exciting game but one in which we had to battle and work hard to create opportunities. There weren't too many of those for Argyle but pretty much none for Bradford. We got a bit of luck with the goal but it was well deserved. The team still look on top form so I'd back them to keep it going.

The usual problem of tannoy noise persists, and the minute's applause was followed immediately and unnecessarily with the reintroduction of that horrible, pounding Zombie 'music'. How crass. I do wonder what goes through the mind of the person(s) in control of this, who clearly think this is a good thing.

What do you reckon we should play after we celebrate the goal? I actually don't mind the current tune! Gets everyone going, and seeing the Demports hands and arms going nuts in time to it is a cracking site. IMO of course

Oct 31, 2015
davie nine":1zw48wpt said:

Give it up David most of us admitted we were wrong (not about the tactics though(. Enjoy the the ride ffs to the end of the season.

I enjoyed the game today. Very good battle by 2 x teams close in the league. First half we were on top and deserved the lead. I felt Bradford were working hard to stay in the game.
Lovely pass from Lameras for Sarcs goal. Very fortunate deflection but I will take it.

2nd half Bradford more at it and had us under cosh for 10 minutes. Their best chance was a whipped low cross into the 6 yard box but Oscar was tracking back and did enough to stop their forward. As Bradford pushed on we started to find gaps and Ness could have made in 2 at the end with a delightful chip when 1 on 1 but it just drifted wide.

Ness was my mom he absolutely won everything. I thougj GC10 had one of his poorer games but even then he works his socks off for the cause so hats off to him. Our CBs had their 2 x strikers tied up all game which is probably why the foul occured for the red card at the end.

The home crowd was really flat today. Nit sure why but maybe because the drummer eas missing.

Enjoyable game and superb result. Niw safe from relegation and im looking up. Could this run continue?

What a season so far :)

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Monster Green":243ly1ae said:
Green_Matt":243ly1ae said:

What do you reckon we should play after we celebrate the goal? I actually don't mind the current tune! Gets everyone going, and seeing the Demports hands and arms going nuts in time to it is a cracking site. IMO of course
We should celebrate the goal and play nothing. If a goal isn't enough for someone then what are they doing at a football match to begin with?

Yep. Another great result for the boys and richly deserved it was too with a high work ethic to the fore as usual.
We were very well organised defensively which gave us that solid base to build from. And a successive clean sheet to boot.
So take a bow for that sir wottsie of demport. A janner knighthood forthcoming surely? For services as a player and now coach
to a clean sheet heaven for argyle. :greensmile:
Our centre mid triplets dominated the midfield, especially in that first half when we were at our best.
Our "fab 3" up top benefitting from that dominance. Messrs GC10 and ruebs11 continually being found in pockets of space around lone ranger
ryan to exploit and entertain us.
Brad city opted for the same formation and style as wombles did in our last home game. 442/424, though not playing quite as
direct as them, so we had a tad more control of this game. The wombles just kept hoofing over our triplets so nullifying
their influence.
I thought Brad city tried to get at us down our flanks but oscar and skipper gaz both defended very well when threatened.
Zakatak and sonny both had excellent games at centre back. Their distribution out from the back, especially first half,
was top notch. I thought their linking of play with playmaker foxy helped us control the game.
Chief puppeteer foxy as usual was pulling all the right strings. A perfect eg of why class never diminishes with age.
I thought BCFC gave us some deserved respect in that first half as they adopted a more cautious approach. Deserved in
that, earlier in the season when we were struggling, we would instead get teams going for our throat from the off.
Thats what 5 wins on the bounce and success etc does to a teams reputation i reckon.
The winning goal was a carbon copy of many first half moves where we worked the play to release either ruebs or GC10
into space between their def and mid. GC10 this time slipping a pass through to rueben who then turned to run at their back 4.
Up to this point ruebs had already got into this kind of position several times but his final ball had let him down.
This time however he picked out the forward run of sarce into the box. One touch and then bang its in.
It was difficult for me to see from distance but it looked to take a huge deflection off an attempted block.
Whatever, it was a deserved lead as we had created quite a few openings and shots up to then. The final ball probably our
only let down today.
In the 2nd half they tried to up their tempo for the first 15 but we coped pretty easy. Grayson then made 3 subs and pressed
us high, forcing us back to play on the counter. The game became more similar to the wombles game though BCFC were not as
effective as them at it. A series of corners was all they could create.
On the counter i didnt think we did as well as we could have done. Wrong options chosen at times including a lazy chip
wide by nessie probably thinking he was messie when clean through.
DA brought on ATS and yanner to tighten us up as per usual. ATS for rueben the normal subbing but sarce was replaced by
yanner this time as he seemed to be suffering from an injury. Hope its nothing serious. Foxy stayed on for a change.
I thought both sarce and nessie(MOM) had excellent games. Jamie has definately raised his game now. He always looked a
good footballer earlier in the season but didnt seem to have an edge to his game. Injury perhaps?
Whatever hes back now and playing his part in what is increasingly looking a really good team. A team that is playing
really easy on the eye football. Whether possession/control or one touch attacking stuff. Almost brasil at times tis.
Barring injuries and suspensions maybe we can achieve some back end of the season success? Play offs? Even wembley is a
possibility again if we can keep this consistency going.
Credit to DA now. Apologies delboy, i like many didnt think you were good enough earlier in the season. I knew you were
a good manager but not the very good manager that i believe PAFC require to succeed long term. Boy was i wrong.
Indeed you are a very good manager and i really hope you buck the trend when the big money clubs start to come for you.
As undoubtedly they will.
Whatever happens happens i guess.
Another very good manager up next. I Cannot believe a keith hill team is now bottom tbh. Albeit with tiny rochdale.
Perhaps, just like DA did, he will turn it around starting against us next saturday.
So we need to be on our game thats for sure. Hopefully we can do it. So come on you greens. Keep that peddle down hard.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Fat_green_belly":1ykb9u62 said:
Another very good manager up next. I Cannot believe a keith hill team is now bottom tbh. Albeit with tiny rochdale.
Perhaps, just like DA did, he will turn it around starting against us next saturday.
So we need to be on our game thats for sure. Hopefully we can do it. So come on you greens. Keep that peddle down hard.

Hopefully Rochdale will be fully distracted by their FA Cup 5th round tie on Tuesday on a new pitch in (probably) freezing Siberian conditions.

COYG :scarf: