Brief Synopsis!!! (Crawley) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Crawley)

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Just been watching the match highlights.

Crawley's first goal was engrossing and compelling - in a bad way. It started with a through ball which Sarce almost intercepted but didn't, then he and Grant (the #25 of the triplets) tried some very ineffective tackling on the recipient. Then the shot, which seemed to rebound off (our) Palmer, off the back of an unlucky Canavan, and might well have been an o.g. had not (their) Palmer got a toe to it. Keystone kops stuff.

Their second was also poor defending. It seemed that only Crawley players realised that you are allowed to jump.

Sarce's run from the wing into the box that led to the penalty was excellent, and Jephcott just seems to know what to do in front of goal and does it well. In my book he should be put back in the starting line up quick smart.

COYG

:scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
Larry David":2jeba46c said:
Bullet points from the last few games for me: Wooton is struggling a bit and his distribution is poor. Grant and Bakinson together in midfield? No thanks one or the other please for DM role. Byron Moore is a big asset but should be starting at RWB. Danny Mayor is a big loss when not fit. Sarcevic is the heartbeat of the team and McFadzean needs to come back in when fit.

Moore should start at RWB. Thing is we need him up front too!

Sep 6, 2006
Shoenice":373vv631 said:
Cobi Budge":373vv631 said:
‪We needed Mayor to carry the ball forward tonight, we missed that link, but it’s fine because according to some of our fans he isn’t that important.

Have you not realised we scored 2 goals last night? If we had better defenders at the club than the likes of Canavan and Wootton we'd have won. Get yourself a reality check. Head in the sands as always.

Cobi is obviously far more knowledgeable than you. Perhaps you should have a 'reality check'. Amazing that you think just because we scored 2 goals everything was fine. Did you not see how disjointed we looked? Be careful what you wish for the Mayor doubters(you know who you are).
I think last nights performance (not the result) is genuinely worrying. To struggle to get a point against a mid table team with 2nd worst away record in the Division is concerning. And its not a one off. Last 4 home games we could have been 2 or 3 down v Mansfield, struggled to beat bottom of the table Stevenage(home and away) and lost to Swindon. My concern is teams have worked us out. Those talking about lack of pace at the back are partly correct. However with our system there are big spaces behind the wing backs which teams are starting to exploit especially at HP.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Balham_Green":3yro1z9z said:
Larry David":3yro1z9z said:
Bullet points from the last few games for me: Wooton is struggling a bit and his distribution is poor. Grant and Bakinson together in midfield? No thanks one or the other please for DM role. Byron Moore is a big asset but should be starting at RWB. Danny Mayor is a big loss when not fit. Sarcevic is the heartbeat of the team and McFadzean needs to come back in when fit.

Moore should start at RWB. Thing is we need him up front too!

Moore is a must a full back. He spent a lot of yesterday’s match in midfield trying to influence play.

Edwards’s is the current weak link going forward. When Fadz is back Moore could move back up top but presently we need a better outlet from the deep wide areas.

Apr 1, 2009
demportdave":2bavvidz said:
This was a missed opportunity to make the most of Swindon and Exeter losing, I doubt we will get such an opportunity again on Saturday.

You're absolutely right, there's no chance of them both losing on Saturday. However, at least one of them will drop points.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
plymouth1970":t9aku8ep said:
Let’s face it . Danny Mayor is homesick , end of . It does take 2 hours to fly from Exeter to Manchester. Bless him:

...And you know this, because?

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
demportdave":3ng7i35r said:
We were somewhat fortunate to win our last home game but we didn’t get away with it tonight.

Over the 90 minutes, a pretty average Crawley side deserved to get at least a point and they might have got more with better finishing. We were poor in terms of our passing and ball retention and a better side would have taken advantage of the numerous times we gave the ball away to enable them mount speedy counter attacks.

Wooton and Canavan were back to their dodgy and unconvincing worst from last season and Crawley were constantly getting in behind Cooper in the first half, which is where their first goal came from. In midfield, we lacked skill and composure on the ball and didn’t create very much against an organised defence.

For anyone who thinks we don’t need Mayor, tonight was a wake up call and hopefully, it is the case that he was injured and will be back on Saturday.

Bakinson was outstanding in his first three games playing the deep-lying midfield role, making strong runs across the halfway line. However, to accommodate Josh Grant, he has been pushed further forward and he is not the same player. He had a poor game on Saturday and he was pretty ineffective again tonight. He looks uncomfortable receiving the ball so far up the pitch and is not quite sure what to do with it, causing a number of promising situations to break down and set up the counter attack for Crawley.

If Lowe wants Josh Grant in the starting eleven the obvious position is at RCB in place of the hapless Wooton.

This was a missed opportunity to make the most of Swindon and Exeter losing, I doubt we will get such an opportunity again on Saturday.

....Apart from he fact that Swindon host Exeter on Saturday