Brief Synopsis!!! (Crawley) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Crawley)

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Gary S":fcfnzsys said:
A few things we learned / reconfirmed tonight:
Sawyer is made of bricks and metal shavings;
Joe Edwards is not a wing back;
we need Byron Moore at wing back;
Jephcott has the striker's instinct;
we're horribly vulnerable to pace;
Sarcevic really cares about the club;
Bakinson is not much cop in a more advanced position;
one or two Argyle players may have eyesight problems under lights .

Good sum up, I agree with a lot of that. I would add:

- Hardie not match fit, you could see how he ran out of puff on that late chance. I like him though, and you can see he is a natural finisher
- Josh Grant and Bakinson both young and prone to errors of judgement but quality still shines through. I think Bakinson is naturally more suited to the holding role and gives us more dynamism at home. Perhaps Josh Grant could fit back into Wootton or Sawyer position at home?
- Moore better in wing back, agreed
- Miss Mayor

It feels like that last couple of games (first 30 mins vs Mansfield, first half vs Stevenage , and spells today) that we are just having some complacent moments or teams have worked us out. I think this is a blip that when Mayor back plus Mcfadz, Telford all fighting for places we will ramp back up again.

My main concerns right now is that there are 7-8 teams that could get auto promotion with not much to choose between Us, Swindon, Exeter, Crewe, Northampton (on a role), Colchester, Bradford.

The homes games against Crewe, Northampton, Exeter and away to Colchester and Bradford will be big juicy games coming up. And thats when we need the full squad fit and buzzing.

Overall, loving this season though, watched every game live from Australia and such a breath of fresh air over last year.

A

ArgyleBoyJosh

I can never seem to understand why a team would start to waste time after scoring a late equaliser? Crawley aren’t going to get relegated so why not try and go for a winner instead of taking it to the corner.

We need to bounce back Saturday and keep the momentum going. Hoping nothing is too serious with Mayor as I agree with many on here he is our main creative player and we lacked that massively tonight.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Not a good performance, very disappointing but it was another point gained on the top 2 so it's not all doom and gloom.

Mar 14, 2009
I do find it strange the reaction.

I didn't see much difference tonight from the Mansfield game, as against Crawley.

When we win, and play badly its fine. Yet when we don't the reaction is the other end of the spectrum.

Crawley ran through on goal numerous times. So did Mansfield. Mansfield gave us a needless penalty. So did Crawley.

The difference tonight is we just didn't get away with it.

The question is can we stop making these mistakes if teams continue to set up in the same manner.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We look like we play the pass too quick for our own good.

Is it pressure from Lowe saying we must do a quick pass and move?

Everything seemed a yard off tonight. Runs, passes and decisions.

Both Wingbacks were poor, Edwards particularly.

Palmer was away with the fairies at times

Wootton was targeted second half and was very vulnerable.

Bakinson was ok, easily outshined by Sarcevic

Hardie was a positive. Always moving and looks hungry for goals.

We need Moore and Fadz as wingbacks. Mayor back in midfield and the 2 young guns starting up top.
I’m still torn who to play CDM out of Grant or Bakinson.

MoTM Sarcevic

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Tugboat":17wn6c55 said:
We look like we play the pass too quick for our own good.

On a lot of occasions, we played one pass too many and gave the ball away too cheaply.

Is it pressure from Lowe saying we must do a quick pass and move?

All good if both passer and receiver are on the same page - Palmer and Canavan???

Everything seemed a yard off tonight. Runs, passes and decisions.

Agreed.

Both Wingbacks were poor, Edwards particularly.

Palmer was away with the fairies at times

Wasn't he just!

Wootton was targeted second half and was very vulnerable.

I didn't think that Wootton was that bad. Always made himself available for overlaps and generally played a good return pass. If anything, he's a tad slow in getting back.

Bakinson was ok, easily outshined by Sarcevic

Agreed.

Hardie was a positive. Always moving and looks hungry for goals.

I liked Hardie. On a few occasions he played one touch too many and he really ran out of steam but he will definitely score on a regular basis.

We need Moore and Fadz as wingbacks. Mayor back in midfield and the 2 young guns starting up top.
I’m still torn who to play CDM out of Grant or Bakinson.

I'll leave that lot with you! :lol: You've seen them more than I have! Bakinson appears to be always there, making himself available for the pass...he'll score plenty, when he's got his first one!

MoTM Sarcevic

Without a doubt.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I thought we started well with some good interplay, then it progressively seemed to get very sloppy. Some players seemed to loose concentration, was the delayed kick off a factor ?

As others have said Bakinson didn't look comfortable further forward and Josh Grant and him look hard to fit in the same side. Still not sure about Joe Edwards at wingback but no other obvious option. Sarcevic made up for the others with a storming performance, but the absence of Mayor was noticeable, with his dribbling and final ball I think an average Crawley side would have been roasted.

Hardie had his moments but seemed to tire and should have been replaced sooner. I would start him again next time though.

If Ryan Lowe can get his best side/formation worked out and staying fit, a top three finish should be achieved. On the basis of the last couple of games, watching Argyle in the play-offs could be a bit nerve wracking.

May 8, 2011
The make up of the match day squad was interesting in that we had 5 loanees in the starting 11, and 5 players on the bench 20 or under.
In a previous season comments were made on how thin the squad was, perhaps that could apply to this year as well.

Aug 15, 2015
Cobi Budge":3j774e63 said:
‪We needed Mayor to carry the ball forward tonight, we missed that link, but it’s fine because according to some of our fans he isn’t that important.

Have you not realised we scored 2 goals last night? If we had better defenders at the club than the likes of Canavan and Wootton we'd have won. Get yourself a reality check. Head in the sands as always.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
HC Green":2w1qry9j said:
The make up of the match day squad was interesting in that we had 5 loanees in the starting 11, and 5 players on the bench 20 or under.
In a previous season comments were made on how thin the squad was, perhaps that could apply to this year as well.
Or more the fact our Manager is happy to give youth a chance?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Argyle Nutter":3g5u1l2i said:
HC Green":3g5u1l2i said:
Or more the fact our Manager is happy to give youth a chance?

Amen.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Bullet points from the last few games for me: Wooton is struggling a bit and his distribution is poor. Grant and Bakinson together in midfield? No thanks one or the other please for DM role. Byron Moore is a big asset but should be starting at RWB. Danny Mayor is a big loss when not fit. Sarcevic is the heartbeat of the team and McFadzean needs to come back in when fit.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Larry David":fsn83i4d said:
Bullet points from the last few games for me: Wooton is struggling a bit and his distribution is poor. Grant and Bakinson together in midfield? No thanks one or the other please for DM role. Byron Moore is a big asset but should be starting at RWB. Danny Mayor is a big loss when not fit. Sarcevic is the heartbeat of the team and McFadzean needs to come back in when fit.

Agree with most of this. My only concern is who drops out for Fadz. It's probably Cooper, but his delivery has been so valuable even when he doesn't contribute much else.

I'd like to see this as soon as everyone is fit:

Palmer
Grant Canavan Sawyer
Bakinson
Moore Sarcevic Mayor Cooper/Fadz
2 from Hardie/Telford/Jephcott