Brief Synopsis!!! (Grimsby) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Grimsby)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Gary S":1cgmgnl6 said:
Danny Mayor is a disappointment.

Ridiculously harsh. We’re 3rd in the league and he’s played a big part in that, just because he isn’t scoring screamers on a weekly basis doesn’t mean he’s not contributing.

Dec 3, 2005
arrythewurzel":2bbljggm said:
Agree all the above but thought Mcfadzean had an awful game. Nearly gave away a pen at 0-0. Made lots of wrong decisions. Several times it called for
the back pass and he turned and lost possession. Gave away possession a lot as well. Looked a bit of a headless chicken. Got away with it tonight but not the answer for me.

Cooper must start every remaining game. Why is he always subbed? Very enjoyable game and possibly players told to conserve some energy second half for Sat.

Think there’s still room for improvement and we may not yet have peaked which is good news.

Think you may have answered your own question there - the subs IMHO were deliberatley made to save important players for Saturday.

Great 1st half, it could have been 5- 0 at half time. Hardie upfront with his movement, must be a nightmare for defenders, hopefully he will be OK for Saturday.
Cooper was brilliant with his passing/crosses tonight, but his corners for some reason are not good, don't understand why.

2nd half was a job well done - even if it was flat compared to the 1st half.

No-one sent off and hopefuly no injuries, so roll on Saturday :scarf:

Thought the crowd was quiet tonight, despite the great performance in the 1st half and the result.

So Good So Good :)

Aug 8, 2013
Cobi Budge":ixvj0snv said:
Gary S":ixvj0snv said:

Ridiculously harsh. We’re 3rd in the league and he’s played a big part in that, just because he isn’t scoring screamers on a weekly basis doesn’t mean he’s not contributing.

I didn't say he's not contributing, but I feel he's not contributing anywhere near the extent
we were led to believe that he would. I follow your posts regarding Mayor, and I understand that
you rate him highly, but to my eyes he constantly fails to contribute what I feel he's capable of,
and less than his performances in previous seasons and the hype surrounding him suggested that
he would. Something is lacking, hence the word "disappointment".

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Cobi Budge":18x8o2to said:
Gary S":18x8o2to said:

That is harsh ! Based on probable wages and billing at Bury last season I would say disappointing is correct
Contributing I would agree he is but not as the star man he is billed

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Thought Bakinson was superb. Some harsh comments on Fadz too, thought he did alright.

Strange game, strange atmosphere. Even the cheer when we scored was subdued. Very odd.

Still, 3 points, above them lot, played well over all and controlled the game. Let's beat Mac and put a proper stamp on our promotion drive

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
edengreen":mmvu3auu said:
Cobi Budge":mmvu3auu said:
Gary S":mmvu3auu said:

That is harsh ! Based on probable wages and billing at Bury last season I would say disappointing is correct

I think Major gave the ball away once, an overhit pass in the second half. He carries the ball excellently, and drags players with him generating space for others. What is disappointing is his returns in terms of goals and assists, but does that really matter when you're third and the goals are coming from other areas? Not for me it doesn't

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Monster Green":9pwd455b said:
edengreen":9pwd455b said:
Cobi Budge":9pwd455b said:
Gary S":9pwd455b said:

I think Major gave the ball away once, an overhit pass in the second half. He carries the ball excellently, and drags players with him generating space for others. What is disappointing is his returns in terms of goals and assists, but does that really matter when you're third and the goals are coming from other areas? Not for me it doesn't

I wish people would get off Mayor’s back! He’s a superb player and we would suffer without him.

Bakinson did ok but he is far too weak and gets knocked off the ball far too easily. This will cost us goals just like it did at Macclesfield. I think he needs to beef up and get stronger

It seems are fans just love to jump on the bandwagon and have a go a player. Mayor is an asset in this team but just because he doesn’t score goals some fans have a go but he gives so much more in creative play

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Green_Flash":3mgmg7e9 said:
I am amazed you scored Bakinson higher than Cooper. Cooper was man of match for me by a country mile, my heart was in my mouth every time Bakison had the ball. I would have given Cooper 9 and Bakinson 6

Disagree. I think TB thoroughly deserved his MOTM. Apart from the first 10 mins, where he looked v average, he was superb. Didn’t lose an aerial battle all night.
Cooper, on the other hand, was good with the ball but woeful defensively. Position and work rate good but terrible in the defensive tackle and got skinned every time!!

Aug 13, 2009
I think there's potential with Bakinson. I agree he gives the ball away too much, but hopefully this will improve with experience. He is always is available for the ball and doesn't hide. Also a great through ball for the second goal.
Hardie's best game for me, thought he was excellent.

As for Mayor he is obviously a very good player but you can't argue against the fact he hasn't scored enough for us this season.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Doyley43":305znu2b said:
Monster Green":305znu2b said:
edengreen":305znu2b said:
Cobi Budge":305znu2b said:
Gary S":305znu2b said:

I wish people would get off Mayor’s back! He’s a superb player and we would suffer without him.

Bakinson did ok but he is far too weak and gets knocked off the ball far too easily. This will cost us goals just like it did at Macclesfield. I think he needs to beef up and get stronger

It seems are fans just love to jump on the bandwagon and have a go a player. Mayor is an asset in this team but just because he doesn’t score goals some fans have a go but he gives so much more in creative play

Read your previous paragraph...it's exactly what you are doing...having a go at a player.

How many goals did Bakinson cost us last night? Scored one, assist on one and just "ok"?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
edengreen":33tksmk0 said:
Cobi Budge":33tksmk0 said:
Gary S":33tksmk0 said:

Spot on!

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Quintrell_Green":1oyrhvdg said:
edengreen":1oyrhvdg said:
Cobi Budge":1oyrhvdg said:
Gary S":1oyrhvdg said:

Spot on!

Perhaps if Mayor hadn't been "bigged up" quite so much by RL before kicking a ball for us, expectations wouldn't have been so high?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If Danny Mayor arrived in the same sort of way Carey did, or Lamerias, then people would be raving about him. Whenever we sign a player, I base my opinion on what I see from them in a green shirt, I don't like to compare their performances to when they were elsewhere, I think that's the fairest way. If you have to compare, then of course, Mayor probably hasn't (yet) hit the heights he did for Bury, but he's still having a very good season for us.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
"All I can say is well done to Plymouth. They're a very good team and we're nowhere near as good as them at the minute. We tried to press them, tried to close them, but to be honest I got my team selection wrong. They were better than I thought they were."

Compare those post match comments with whinging Artell's, fair play Ollie.