Brief Synopsis!!! (Macclesfield) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Macclesfield)

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
As controversial as ever Steve. Mayor only joint 8th best player today? Are you sure you were there?
Agree we have to try and tie Jephcott down, he could be worth a lot of money one day. Not sure if we have the financial clout to permanently sign Hardie or Cooper for that matter?
A hugely entertaining game and some notable absentees on here this evening.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Cobi Budge":157oloo9 said:
A lovely performance, flowing, attacking, entertaining, against a Macclesfield team who I thought looked better than their position suggests. What a week, 6 points, 6 goals, 0 conceded, into the top 3 on Tuesday, extended our lead over 4th (those lot) today, up the Argyle.
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Superb team performance today, against a decent Macclesfield side. Whoever it was earlier who said they were poor, can’t have been watching the same game. They came to play unlike some and created some decent opportunities.

Mayor, Cooper, Hardie, on top form and most teams in this league would struggle to live with them playing like that. Jephcott, Moore, Mcfadzean not far behind them, but to be honest just a really good team performance.
Two big away games to come before a massive game two weeks on Monday.

Shouldn’t be any doom mongers on here tonight after the last five days.
W A A A W

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Devongreenowl":23851uma said:
Superb team performance today, against a decent Macclesfield side. Whoever it was earlier who said they were poor, can’t have been watching the same game. They came to play unlike some and created some decent opportunities.

Mayor, Cooper, Hardie, on top form and most teams in this league would struggle to live with them playing like that. Jephcott, Moore, Mcfadzean not far behind them, but to be honest just a really good team performance.
Two big away games to come before a massive game two weeks on Monday.

Shouldn’t be any doom mongers on here tonight after the last five days.
W A A A W

Aw, come on DGO - it's just not fun on PASOTI without the harbingers of doom! :lol: :scarf:

Oct 14, 2015
They weren’t poor and remember there 2nd bottom because of points deduction so without them they’d be six or seven places higher

Got to give them huge credit considering they aren’t being paid and hats off to their 40-50 fans who made the trip

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Surprised to see some calling Macclesfield poor, each to their own of course, but I thought they looked better than a number of teams I’ve seen at HP this season. They came to play and looked threatening at times, which made it a good game of football.

Apr 4, 2015
Cobi Budge":1azll51v said:
Surprised to see some calling Macclesfield poor, each to their own of course, but I thought they looked better than a number of teams I’ve seen at HP this season. They came to play and looked threatening at times, which made it a good game of football.

come on cobi, Macclesfield were awful and the result was never in doubt.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
freddie2greens":5lopisux said:
Cobi Budge":5lopisux said:

I thought they undoubtedly caused us more trouble than Grimsby, and looked better than (Park the bus) Cambridge.

Sep 2, 2008
Thought we were very good today. We played with a confidence and composure that said we are a team pushing for promotion. Hardie is calmness personified and will do very well wherever he ends up. He gets himself in such good positions. He thrives on the early ball which seems to catch defenders off guard giving him that chance to get beyond them. Coops looked like he was up for it as well. I don't think I've seen a game where he's bust a gut so many times to either get back to defend or to get himself up front. He fully deserved the standing ovation he got when Lowe subbed him. Byron looked tired and didn't have one of his best games. Danny Mayor looked like he was up for it as well, busting a gut almost as much as Coops was. He has tremendous balance, is always a threat and I hope we can persuade him to sign on at the end of the season. Wootton is getting better and better every game. His distribution is improving and his confidence is growing so much. I've not been one of his greatest fans especially in the Adams era but he seems to be thriving under Lowe and he's slowly winning me over. Bakinson still worries me at times but he is a talented player. He can see a pass, is confident, composed and is ok with his head as well. He really does have a bright future. All in all, a good day at the office. A couple of away games coming up, which, if we apply ourselves as we have the past two games, we have a real chance of winning and pushing us further away from that dreaded fourth place :scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
[iframe][/iframe]
Cobi Budge":3j3xqmah said:
freddie2greens":3j3xqmah said:
Cobi Budge":3j3xqmah said:

I thought they undoubtedly caused us more trouble than Grimsby, and looked better than (Park the bus) Cambridge.

How could they look better than Cambridge who kept a clean sheet? :crazy: You dont get points for looking pretty.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2e9ho534 said:
[iframe][/iframe]
Cobi Budge":2e9ho534 said:
freddie2greens":2e9ho534 said:
Cobi Budge":2e9ho534 said:

How could they look better than Cambridge who kept a clean sheet? :crazy: You dont get points for looking pretty.

Cambridge barely threatened us at all. Had we been as incisive as we have been this week we’d have comfortably won. Macclesfield came at us and caused us problems at times, I respect that bravery.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Danny Mayor with two of his best performances of the season back-to-back. Two games in a row with Conor Grant in midfield alongside him. Coincidence? Or is there an argument our midfield is better balanced with him included?

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":3noli1p2 said:
Balham_Green":3noli1p2 said:
[iframe][/iframe]
freddie2greens":3noli1p2 said:

Cambridge barely threatened us at all. Had we been as incisive as we have been this week we’d have comfortably won. Macclesfield came at us and caused us problems at times, I respect that bravery.

But they didnt defend well obviously. Has it occurred to you that we were not 'as incisive' because we were NOT allowed to be? How well the opposition defends does make a difference you know. Anyway just look at the League table

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I just admire Macclesfield’s brave approach, that’s what I’m saying, and I’ve seen poorer teams than them.