Brief Synopsis!!! (Mansfield) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Mansfield)

Apr 5, 2008
Stiffler":1wwhaof2 said:
3 wins, 9 goals and 2 conceded in the last 3 games should be enough to stop all the nonsense above being posted, unbelievable Jeff!

Yes a good run of form, but Lowe would be livid about that first half performance, even if he didn't say that much about it in public.

A slow motion video on repeat play of the first half will be greeting the players when they turn into work again!

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
A lot of over-analysis on a team that's winning most weeks. Don't try and fix something which is not actually broken.

The team has been strengthened by a couple of good signings and we are well set to challenge for a top 3 place.

As an observation, we need to start games a bit quicker to prevent teams getting off to a flier like Mansfield did on Saturday, but I'm sure Lowe is well aware of that.

Apart from that, we are a pretty good League 2 side; however, being a League 2 side there will always be individual mistakes.

Sep 25, 2010
I would make one change tone line up for the Stevenage game.

Hardie in for Jephcott.

Plus possibly Telford on the bench, if he has fully recovered, or could wait until the Crawley game on Tuesday.

Jul 14, 2008
Martyn":2qpabnyx said:

Hardie in for Jephcott.

Plus possibly Telford on the bench, if he has fully recovered, or could wait until the Crawley game on Tuesday.

That might end up being the answer but it would be harsh to drop Jephcott after one quiet game. I would play Hardie and Jephcott up top and move Byron to RWB with Edwards on the bench.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Martyn":318mqepw said:

Hardie in for Jephcott.

I’d agree with that. Having Hardie on the pitch makes the ball stick a bit more when our defence are pressured in to kicking it from defence to forwards. Jephcott whilst being a natural goalscorer just cannot win or even compete against most CB’s in the air so we lose the ball too quickly. I’d say that Hardie is a bit quicker than Jephcott too so pairing him up with Moore up front would give us lots of pace... and useful to have a natural goalscorer like Jephcott on the bench for an impact sub .

Mar 14, 2009
For those who say about over analysing, it’s really just a balanced opinion about Argyle.

This time last year we just had a decent Christmas and January set of results. Nobody was thinking relegation. Yet you could see their were issues with the team and the management style.

Fast forward to April and May people said how on earth did we get in this position. Like it happened overnight.

It amuses me the extremes of reaction from winning to losing. When we win it seems important to dismiss anything which might be a criticism when really it just about how can we get even better. When we lose, well.....we all know what happens when we lose. It goes extreme but in a way it’s all emotion to that one defeat.

If we don’t get promoted this season there will be some people calling for Lowe’s head.

You look at the teams doing well, in particular Crewe and Exeter. Taylor has had a whole season last year and Artell from January onwards to look at, prepare and the importantly make changes to their squad by the summer of 2019. Lowe, didn’t have as much time last summer transfer window plus he had a number of players contracted to Argyle for this season.

The next season coming he has the time, and importantly with players coming to the end of their contract, the chance to change the squad to suit his playing style. For example, if your playing a back 3 you need pace in your centre halves and they need to be also decent in the ball. You can’t honestly say Sawyer or Wootton have these attributes. Mansfield exposed this on Saturday.

Lowe is doing a remarkable job. Not because of any form table. It because he’s making us play a style of football with players he has improved like Wootton and Sawyer but without them really being suited to the system. Credit goes to these players for their improved performances and for Lowe finding a way to get results with the a number of players he inherited.

However, had Mansfield beaten us on Saturday (which in all honesty the game should have been over in first 25 mins) there would of been an over reaction to a defeat. I still personally would of felt the same about our team and the job Lowe is doing. I remember when we had sticky spells of results in the early part of the season and the over reaction to that.

It just takes time and patience to build a football team, and a football club in the right way. I’ll 100% behind Lowe but then lm not going to pretend we can’t improve on Saturdays performance just because we got a win. The same as after the Exeter game (and l was there to the end) l didn’t think we were a bad side just because of a heavy defeat.

You can have a balance opinion despite whatever result. Emotions are for the 90mins in a football ground. I just tend to leave them there after the final whistle and try express myself with my head and not my heart on here.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
Metal_Green_Mickey":1aecrwtw said:
For those who say about over analysing, it’s really just a balanced opinion about Argyle.

This time last year we just had a decent Christmas and January set of results. Nobody was thinking relegation. Yet you could see their were issues with the team and the management style.

Fast forward to April and May people said how on earth did we get in this position. Like it happened overnight.

It amuses me the extremes of reaction from winning to losing. When we win it seems important to dismiss anything which might be a criticism when really it just about how can we get even better. When we lose, well.....we all know what happens when we lose. It goes extreme but in a way it’s all emotion to that one defeat.

If we don’t get promoted this season there will be some people calling for Lowe’s head.

You look at the teams doing well, in particular Crewe and Exeter. Taylor has had a whole season last year and Artell from January onwards to look at, prepare and the importantly make changes to their squad by the summer of 2019. Lowe, didn’t have as much time last summer transfer window plus he had a number of players contracted to Argyle for this season.

The next season coming he has the time, and importantly with players coming to the end of their contract, the chance to change the squad to suit his playing style. For example, if your playing a back 3 you need pace in your centre halves and they need to be also decent in the ball. You can’t honestly say Sawyer or Wootton have these attributes. Mansfield exposed this on Saturday.

Lowe is doing a remarkable job. Not because of any form table. It because he’s making us play a style of football with players he has improved like Wootton and Sawyer but without them really being suited to the system. Credit goes to these players for their improved performances and for Lowe finding a way to get results with the a number of players he inherited.

However, had Mansfield beaten us on Saturday (which in all honesty the game should have been over in first 25 mins) there would have been an over reaction to a defeat. I still personally would have felt the same about our team and the job Lowe is doing. I remember when we had sticky spells of results in the early part of the season and the over reaction to that.

It just takes time and patience to build a football team, and a football club in the right way. I’ll 100% behind Lowe but then lm not going to pretend we can’t improve on Saturdays performance just because we got a win. The same as after the Exeter game (and l was there to the end) l didn’t think we were a bad side just because of a heavy defeat.

You can have a balance opinion despite whatever result. Emotions are for the 90mins in a football ground. I just tend to leave them there after the final whistle and try express myself with my head and not my heart on here.

Great post.