Brief Synopsis!!! (Mansfield) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Mansfield)

Apr 5, 2008
That was a shambles first half performance,defence was torn to shreds time and time again.Lucky the Mansfield strikers were a shambles as well,or we would have been at least 3-1 down at half-time.

Lowe needs to have a big think about that first half performance,or it’s play- offs at best.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Our first half performance today reminded me of a game against Dagenham and Redbridge about 4 years ago in our playoff final season.
The only difference was that D and R took their chances and were 3-0 up at half time and we lost 3-2.
Fortunately, Mansfield didn’t take theirs.
Great result, though and it’s still Fortress Home Park, just.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
After the busy festive period, including some gruelling journies (Scunthorpe, Carlisle, the pointless Macclesfield trip) there was bound to be an off day. Argyle were admittedly sluggish and disjointed and the first 20 minutes were littered with individual errors. But they had enough about them even then to pull some kind of a winning performance out of the bag.
The finish from Hardie was encouraging as it seems he has a natural eye for goal. To be fair all of Lowe's many strike partnerships have borne fruit. If certain players had stayed fit they'd almost certainly be double figure strikers (particularly Dom Telford) but the manager has always managed to find a combination to get a goal. Now we seem to be adding a scoring threat from set pieces with Cooper's good set piece deliveries.
I did think finishing in the playoffs would represent a good season.. but I think automatics could be a realistic goal if we can win when we have off days

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
davie nine":1ijuwad0 said:
Our first half performance today reminded me of a game against Dagenham and Redbridge about 4 years ago in our playoff final season.
The only difference was that D and R took their chances and were 3-0 up at half time and we lost 3-2.
Fortunately, Mansfield didn’t take theirs.

I was saying just this 20 minutes in the game, what we is we had 32 shots in that game and lost?

We got really lucky today, and to echo was what said on another thread about another team not too far away "winning the ugly games is a sign of a promotion team".

We're now in a position where we could leap Swindon once the GiH have been cleared off, would never have expected that this early in the year,

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Some big overreactions to 1 iffy half, particularly considering the form we’re in, the fact that we won the game, and the fact we had far more possession and more efforts on goal than Mansfield. You’re not always going to be at your absolute best, Lowe doesn’t need to have a ‘big think’, we don’t need to go to Spain, we don’t need to change the system, we need to keep doing what we’re doing because it’s working.

Feb 15, 2005
Cobi Budge":ajxh0ao2 said:
Some big overreactions to 1 iffy half, particularly considering the form we’re in, the fact that we won the game, and the fact we had far more possession and more efforts on goal than Mansfield. You’re not always going to be at your absolute best, Lowe doesn’t need to have a ‘big think’, we don’t need to go to Spain, we don’t need to change the system, we need to keep doing what we’re doing because it’s working.

Head firmly in the sand, we can’t continue to have 45 minutes like this or we will throw away a great opportunity to get out of this league. Yes we can have an off day but we struggled against Stevenage at home, struggled against Swindon and certainly did again yesterday. The luck has been with us at home recently but could change. Fabulous three points but we need to improve our home performances to maintain a promotion push.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
buck197":eny1dk5y said:
Cobi Budge":eny1dk5y said:

Head firmly in the sand, we can’t continue to have 45 minutes like this or we will throw away a great opportunity to get out of this league. Yes we can have an off day but we struggled against Stevenage at home, struggled against Swindon and certainly did again yesterday. The luck has been with us at home recently but could change. Fabulous three points but we need to improve our home performances to maintain a promotion push.

We were by far the better team against Stevenage, we just didn’t take our opportunities. Against Swindon, that was a good, tight game, I wouldn’t say we struggled. Yesterday we were off the pace in the first half, Lowe clearly knew that hence why he got all the players in for a talk when there was an injury, we picked up after that and got a grip of the game.

My head isn’t in the sand. For the most part we’re playing very well, and getting very good results. For me there are some people who are just intent on being negative & on finding things to criticise, this is League 2, perfect performances week in week out aren’t going to happen, and as I’ve already said, good teams pick up results even when underperforming.

We’re going in the right direction, I’m not a green tint, I’m just thoroughly enjoying going to games again, something I haven’t been able to say in previous seasons.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
I think it’s worth mentioning that there is no other club in this division that have the quality of strikeforce that Mansfield do to cause us similar issues.

They are hugely underachieving with a squad that realistically should be top 3.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
davie nine":132onoah said:

Because of games like yesterday. :greensmile:

If we can play so badly (first 25 minutes) and win so handsomely, then FHP it is. :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Reflecting on it a day later... Bakinson looks the part in his role.

Get Fadz back and we’ll kick on.

I’d like to see Moore and Fadz as wing backs and Jephcott play upfront with Hardie.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Cobi Budge":1yqbozae said:
buck197":1yqbozae said:
Cobi Budge":1yqbozae said:

We were by far the better team against Stevenage, we just didn’t take our opportunities. Against Swindon, that was a good, tight game, I wouldn’t say we struggled. Yesterday we were off the pace in the first half, Lowe clearly knew that hence why he got all the players in for a talk when there was an injury, we picked up after that and got a grip of the game.

My head isn’t in the sand. For the most part we’re playing very well, and getting very good results. For me there are some people who are just intent on being negative & on finding things to criticise, this is League 2, perfect performances week in week out aren’t going to happen, and as I’ve already said, good teams pick up results even when underperforming.

We’re going in the right direction, I’m not a green tint, I’m just thoroughly enjoying going to games again, something I haven’t been able to say in previous seasons.

Agree with everything Cobi says here. Other teams will have decent spells against us. We won’t dominate every game. But the form shows the real picture. We are improving hugely and I’ve total faith that we are heading in the right direction despite the odd bump.

Oct 31, 2015
Cobi Budge":233jatq9 said:
buck197":233jatq9 said:
Cobi Budge":233jatq9 said:

Yep I agree with Cobi and I don't often :lol:

We will have poor periods, that's the way football is but it's how we go through that period. This squad is as good as it's going to get this season and the 1st team and tactics are spot on.

Jul 12, 2016
We rode our luck yesterday but it's another 3 points on the board. The encouraging part is that our bench is strong so we change players who are underperforming. Josh Grant steadied the ship when he came on something that was missing earlier in the game. Perhaps he should play in Bakinson's position who could then replace Mayor!

Apr 4, 2004
Well my take in it is that we did very well to overcome a very good Mansfield side. I thought Cocko did brilliant to get his team that competitive. But we were also very good to deal with that and come out on top. That Mansfield started well wasn't so much about us being bad, I don't think we were doing much wrong but the system. we were up against took the game away from us. The tactical injury was nothing to do with us playing badly, it was about us tweaking the system so we could get more in the game. It may not have been a classic game but it was a good one and we had to dig very deep. I never felt comfortable until Hardie scored. I think we have to give Mansfield and GC credit.