Brief Synopsis!!! (Mansfield) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Mansfield)

Strange game, could have been all over in the first 15 mins. Quite how Mansfield missed so many good chances was astonishing.
As others have said, getting results when you're having an off day is a good sign!

Kudos to Sarcevic, that was a first class penalty.
Canavan - great goal & great block.
Hardie - lovely burst of pace & a tidy finish!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Steve Evans":yolx1jcd said:
Tugboat":yolx1jcd said:
Steve Evans":yolx1jcd said:
a very tense match against a mansfield side that missed umpteen chances in both halves.sympathy for their fans but not for mansfield who should have been out of sight at half time.a very good opener for argyle from my man of the match canavan,a dubious looking penalty very well taken by the energetic sarcevic,clearly he has been practicing them.mansfield scored with a speculative strike the like of which you don't often see in the fourth tier which had us feeling nervous but a gold old fashioned long ball saw hardie out sprint the defender and he finished with aplomb.not playing well and winning is a very good sign.my ratings;

Alex Palmer - 7
Scott Wootton - 6
Niall Canavan - 9
Gary Sawyer - 8
Joe Edwards - 7
Antoni Sarcevic - 8
Tyreeq Bakinson - 6
Danny Mayor - 5
George Cooper - 7
Byron Moore - 5
Luke Jephcott - 5

Bakinson a 6?

Clueless
i disagree.that is my opinion of a very good player learning his trade.

Where do you think he was going wrong Steve?

Aug 11, 2013
Thought we looked as if we were starting extra time at 3pm having already played 90.

A 4 day Marbella break (like under Adams) would do us a world of good at the moment.

We’ll take the 3 points and move on ...

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
rsp4":1r5u19i8 said:
Stiffler":1r5u19i8 said:
Nobody had outstanding performances! next Joke, Palmer was faultless.
No he was not. At fault for their goal which he will admit to and on another day could have given a pen away.

Kept us in it in the first 20 though

And even then...if the ball had not come down and hit him on the head and bounced into the goal it may have been a great save !!?? :greensmile:

Kenny Pester

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2006
Cattedown, Plymouth.
greenpig27":3asbmk9y said:
rsp4":3asbmk9y said:
Stiffler":3asbmk9y said:
No he was not. At fault for their goal which he will admit to and on another day could have given a pen away.

And even then...if the ball had not come down and hit him on the head and bounced into the goal it may have been a great save !!?? :greensmile:

That's exactly how I saw it. It was a cracking save onto the bar from a shot out of nowhere. Very unlucky to have bounced down and hit him and gone in the net. He was excellent today in both shot stopping and distribution.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":3qv726oe said:
A 4 day Marbella break (like under Adams) would do us a world of good at the moment.

Strange thing to say.

We’re in excellent form & for the most part we’re producing excellent performances.

Nothing needs changing.

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Player Ratings: Plymouth Argyle 3 Mansfield 1

Niall Canavan, 8
The goal wasn't his only game-changing intervention, as he parked himself superbly on the goal line in order to deny what was a certain goal when the score was 1-0.

Tyreeq Bakinson - 7
The youngster also offered a great range of passing to supplement the quality of the team, calmly distributing the ball under pressure. Bakinson truly hit the ground running as well as the woodwork, twice!

Feb 15, 2005
Cobi Budge":mzqdy8sq said:
arrythewurzel":mzqdy8sq said:

Strange thing to say.

We’re in excellent form & for the most part we’re producing excellent performances.

Nothing needs changing.

Today was an excellent result and definitely not an excellent performance. Cobi you need to watch the game without your green glasses. Today was a poor showing and we were exposed many times, Cocko must be frustrated.

Oct 31, 2015
greenpig27":foid1gs9 said:
rsp4":foid1gs9 said:
Stiffler":foid1gs9 said:

Agree but it wasn't. He was out of position which caused the issue. He knows that and to be fair to him he didn't know the shot was coming in.

Bakinson thought it was a GK error as well at his mom speech.

Look he had a terrific game and kept us in it, I am a big fan of his but Macey last season would have been hung for that goal on here ( admittedly he wouldnt even g
have got to it) and it was an error. All players make them every game.

And as I said it could have been a pen as well. That's not faultless in my eyes.

Would we have list today without his talents ? Absolutely. Faultless? Nope. :thumbup:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Their goal was a funny one, the 19 comes on, seconds later hopefully swings his left peg at it and catches Palmer and everyone else by surprise, a fluke more than a big error.

I like Bakinson alot, has the occasional switch-off and complacent moment but looks like a capable midfielder i.e. some kind of goal threat, rather than a defender playing midfield, we had to suffer that long enough with Songo'o alongside Steptoe's Dad. If playing a back five we shouldn't be slotting a defender in mid as well should we. But with wing backs and midfield changes relatively frequent we're still looking loose too often, needs improvement. But better lucky than good.

Hardie looks decent, we needed options up front and now we have some, yay.

Aug 8, 2013
Hope no-one else in the league gets hold of a video of the first half; it could give
them funny ideas. A combination of giving the ball away in dangerous areas (multiple offenders),
deciding not to bother to try to block/tackle after all (Sawyer), and stopping to appeal for offside
(Bakinson). The only thing worse, thankfully, was Mansfield's atrocious finishing.
We then resorted to far too many long, and generally inaccurate, hoofs.
It wasn't until the last few minutes, when Moore finally reverted to wing back, that we
looked more like our normal selves.. Bakinson my man of the match, and Canavan also
made a huge contribution today. Hardie has pace, and took his goal in a way that must have
made Mansfield fans very envious. Palmer was asleep for the goal.
We got out of jail today, but hopefully it'll have been a learning experience.